Kaur Warrior

Bundha

Yea eddy, panjabi and sanskrit r the oldest languages in northern parts of s.asia, and tamil is the oldest in the south. We just gotta makes sure we preserve the panjabi language, n not let it become extinct like latin, and the probably extinct like gaelic/welsh.

Gay-lick? Is dat like batty language?

I agree with the Pakistan name.. Indian is just a synonym to someone from Bharat. I'm just saying that in Bharat it is normal to have skinny eyebrows. Soo many people have them that haven't even have their eyebrows done.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. As a race, we Punjabis are one of the naturally hairiest on earth. There's only one or two others, such as Armenians, Azerbeijanis and Persians etc that are hairier, but other than them we have more hair than others and our eyebrows are more bushier than others. Thats a natural fact.

What you've just done though, is take the natural fact and completely turn it on its head in order to make the opposite true.

Another one here who isn't very hairy, lol. The hairs I do have are very fine and brown, so much so that I'm confused for a Sikh convert despite being born to two Punjabi Sikh parents from back home. The fact that I have a complexion of an anaemic vampire is probably the reason for that, lol. Anyone with ideas on genetics / ancestry, etc, know how or why that's possible?

That is similar to my friend he is very pale and his beard has reddish tone I wonder how that happened I think you should invest in one of those ancestry test things they take a DNA sample from you and tell you exactly what genes you have and racial make up. However I was always under the assumption that we were native to the subcontinent and had very little blood mixed blood. The only punjabis that are noticeably mixed are the pak punjabi ones as you can just tell the difference by looking at there faces. While majority of us are pure

LOL let me tell you that me being a girl I have very little body hair all over my body naturally that I haven't cut, my brother has even less hair than me and he's almost 20.

I'm Multani btw, that qualifies as Punjabi. I also barely have any eyebrows naturally, they are skinny and grey. Before I was dharmic I would fill in my eyebrows to make it 'pretty', but I never plucked my hairs from my eyebrows. I find it somewhat gross that you are calling all Punjabis hairy.. it's kinda offensive since there is living proof lol. Who cares about Azerbaijans/Persians/Uzbeks etc etc, they aren't Indian at all. Remember that not all Punjabis have muslim lahu lol.

Preet, besides the rather excessive use of the term 'LOL' let me tell you what is wrong with your post:

Firstly, when you say:

I find it somewhat gross that you are calling all Punjabis hairy.. it's kinda offensive

Hair is our gift from God. It is nothing to be ashamed of and calling us (including me) hairy is not an insult. The insult is that a Sikh girl should see it as an insult...call it "gross" and be offended by it. Now your reaction really is "kinda offensive".

Secondly, when you say :

Who cares about Azerbaijans/Persians/Uzbeks etc etc, they aren't Indian at all.

Neither are we. We are Sikhs of the Punjab. Punjab only became part of India in 1947 after the leader of the Indian Congress Party made public promises to us as the All India Congress in Calcutta, 1946. We had no intention of joining that foreign land but he publicly promised that if we please join with them we Sikhs would be given a semi-autonmous land of our own modelled on the Khalsa Kingdom. Before that, we had our own sovereign nation that had absolutely nothing to do with the country to our south: India.

Before that, we Punjabis spent thousands of years as the easternmost province of Persia. So, we were actually part of the same nation for thousands of years as those central Asians that you dismiss. We, for thousands of years were part of them but totally alien and seperate to the nations to our south : India.

Thirdly, when you say:

Remember that not all Punjabis have muslim lahu lol.

OK lets ignore yet another 'LOL' as you obviously find it difficult to articulate your feelings in words without it and concentrate on the other point. When I originally gave you a short list of hairy nations, top of that list was Armenia. Armenians (e.g Kim Kardashian, Andre Aggasi etc) are Christian. So, not entirely sure why you went off on a 'muslim' tangent. Only you can answer that one.

And finally, when you say:

I also barely have any eyebrows naturally, they are skinny

So what ? Whats your point here ?

Of course there are some Punjabis who are small.....but that doesn't give the small ones the right to express that characteristic as the norm among Punjabis.

Of course there are some Punjabis who have green eyes.....but that doesn't give the green eyed ones the right to express that as the norm among Punjabis.

Of course there are some Punjabis with naturally little hair.....but that doesn't give them the right to express that as the norm among Punjabi women.

Thats the very basis of this discussion on an intellectual level. What is it, when a person has a pencil in hand and is handed some paper in order to draw a real Kaur, that makes him draw her with thin and shaped eyebrows. Whatever it is, it is done sub-consciously. Something inside that Singh artist's head, said ignore the Kaurs with facial hair and eyebrows etc, and model the drawing subject on one of those Kaurs that have very little facial hair. Of course there are some Kaurs that have very little facial hair so when the artist wants an excuse he has one ready made to justify his artistic decision, so the real losers here are the majority of Singhnian who have facial hair. What they've been told by this artist is that when he was imagining the perfect Kaur it was not them that came to mind.

So, the discussion here is about unconscious decision making......Not about whether you are hairy or not.