Kaur Warrior

Bundha

However I was always under the assumption that we were native to the subcontinent and had very little blood mixed blood. The only punjabis that are noticeably mixed are the pak punjabi ones as you can just tell the difference by looking at there faces. While majority of us are pure

How can panjabi paks be different us, if we share same tribes/clans/surnames/dna? Basically, n.india/pak r the same, n different to rest of india.

so I don't understand how you think Punjab would be exclusive to Sikhs.

Where did you imagine you heard anyone say that ?

Of Punjabis in this world, we Sikhs are a 30% minority. The part of the discussion I think you're referring to talks about our natural characteristics as Punjabis.

I'm not surprised that you think that way about Iran, considering the name comes from Aryan, so it is related to India, yes?

I didn't even mention the word 'Iran', so I have no idea what you're on about. What I did mention is how Punjab always was, for thousands and thousands of years a province of Persia, just like Ontario is a province of Canada. We were an integral part of Persia and had nothing to do with the Indian nation to our south, just as the Mexican nation has nothing to do with the American nation to it's immediate north.

Oh come on about those Armenians etc, if I say we don't have Abrahamic blood in us would that sound better to you?? Muslims and Christians/Jews are all Abrahamic, they're related. On the other hand, we aren't Semetic like them.

You seem to be confusing 'religion' with 'people'. The religion (Christianity) is semetic but the only semetic people among that semetic religion are the middle east Arab Christians, in palestine, Jordan etc. For example, Beyonce is a Christian ( a semetic faith), but her racial ethnicity is negroid, not a semite. Islam is a semetic religion but only the very small minority of Muslims in this world are semites. The vast majority belong to other racial groups such as Negros, Peersians, javanese or Punjabi. So, I'm very sorry to have to break this to you but unfortunately, when you convert to a semetic faith an amazing metamorphisis doesn't take place inside your body magically altering your DNA causing you to have facial and 'hair' characteristics like a semite.

Iran and Persia are the same thing ! You mentioned Persia being part of 'Punjab', and I said I'm not surprised because it's name is Iran, which is derived from Aryan which is also an Indian title.

If you don't know where you're coming from you can't possibly know where you're going is an all too often said, but perhaps, Preet, one should simplify it for your benefit to include the present, for you can't possibly know where you are today if you don't know where you were yesterday ?

The saying though Preet, has a deeper message to it. What it is saying is that to undersand your true present state you have to first have at least a very basic kindergarden level of your history. I can't fill in alot of blanks you have right now because that will obviously require alot of man-hours but let me give the basic kindergarden history lesson. Any kindergarden teacher will tell you that alot of repetition is involved when teaching kindergarden kids. The teacher says things but 2 minutes later the subjects forget what was said.

That actually reminds me about what I said in the previous message about the analogies with Ontario etc but hey...my memories have nothing to do with this. Lets concentrate on you: Just like Alberta is part of Canada......but NOT like martinique is part of France. Jut like Kansas is part of the USA but NOT like peurto rico is like the part of the USA. Just like Yorkshire is part of England but NOT like Jersey is part of the UK. Just like all of that Punjab was, for thousands of years, the easternmost province of Persia. We (my and your anscestors) were not just 'with' Persia.....we were an integral part of it. In fact, the ancient central asian history books articulate how Punjab was THE richest province on ancient Persia. Persia, started somewhere in the west, I don't know Turkey or somehwhere I don't know or care where exactly. Persia, finished somehwhere in the north, I don't know Russia or somehwhere I don't know or care exactly. But what I do know about and care about is the fact that Persia finished where our state borders with India begin today. Untill you gain an understanding of how, for the first time in thousands of years, we as Punjabis have found ourselves enjoined with the Indians, you will never gain an intellectual understanding of anything, let alone facial hair and art.

Talking about art...that reminds me. The thread we're in: You spent 3 pages trying to justify the artist simply because you also have thin and shaped eyebrows and now another page because you thought you could justify it under the banner of 'Indian' and your own personal life. So, I'll reapeat what I said before:

The very foundation of this discussion is an intellectual one. What is it, when a person has a pencil in hand and is handed some paper in order to draw a real Kaur, that makes him draw her with thin and shaped eyebrows ? Whatever it is, it is done sub-consciously. Something inside that Singh artist's head, said ignore the Kaurs with facial hair and eyebrows etc, and model the drawing subject on one of those Kaurs that have very little facial hair. Of course there are some Kaurs that have very little facial hair so when the artist wants an excuse he has one ready made to justify his artistic decision, so the real losers here are the majority of Singhnian who have facial hair. What they've been told by this artist is that when he was imagining the perfect Kaur it was not them that came to mind. And thats what you have to understand about both 'art' and 'Sikhs'. Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji took on the persian speakers, who were the masters throughout the earth of poetry and the written word and gave them a lesson in their own language. So what have we learned from HIM ? Nothing! :surrender: Nothing if one looks back at this thread. If one looks back and reads this thread one will find 100 % praising a man that can draw despite his shortcomings only because he can draw. Wow !!! Man can hold a pencil and draw.......This is surely the mark of a great Sikh !!!!

I should have said 99.00009% above, prasing him, because I am that 0000.1% that saw and articulated the artist's severe shortcomings. More than a million percent proud to be that 000.1%.