The Relationship Between Sikh Religion And Sikh Ethnicity

Balkaar

Perfect!, Tell me this. How well do traffic laws work when they are not being enforced by law enforcement?

Well the whole grid would come to a grinding halt and there would be loads of violence and accidents.

People would park where they wanted and nobody would be able to get anywhere.

Even the Police and other emergency services would be struggling to reach their destinations.

Please tell me what point are you making.

Sikhi is universal so cannot be used as an ethnic group but a religious minority yes for sure.

Punjabi's will be viewed as an ethnic minority yes for sure.

A Punjabi Sikh must be well protected in law.

You have double legislation protecting you, what's the problem?

The problem is people have replaced Punjabi with Sikh.so its common now to hear about Sikh Christian and Sikh Muslim. Punjabi's were so proud of being Sikh, they neglected the Punjabi aspect and passed on to their children especially in UK that we are Sikh. And most Punjabi's think Sikh is their cultural/racial background instead of their religious background. And as the OP mentioned above punjabis got 'Sikh' to count as a ethnicity. As Jagsaw Singh delights in reminding us, Sikhs and Jews both fall into a religious and ethnic category in the UK. Maybe, OP this is ur answer. Because the Jews were persecuted so much they ended up being an ethnic minority too. So Sikhs are being persecuted and have been as well. Also while Judaism does not encourage converts, they are allowed.there was a story of an American who wanted to convert to Judaism but was rejected 2 times then finally rabbi agreed. So u see, we can be both. But personally, I want Punjabi's who aren't religious to stop labeling themselves as Sikhs.

Maybe, OP this is ur answer. Because the Jews were persecuted so much they ended up being an ethnic minority too. So Sikhs are being persecuted and have been as well. Also while Judaism does not encourage converts, they are allowed.there was a story of an American who wanted to convert to Judaism but was rejected 2 times then finally rabbi agreed. So u see, we can be both. But personally, I want Punjabi's who aren't religious to stop labeling themselves as Sikhs.

An interesting point. I tried to hint at that in one of my earlier posts, that persecution invoked a deep-seated need to identify as something else, something separate.

But personally, I want Punjabi's who aren't religious to stop labeling themselves as Sikhs.

Well then you will have to start accepting some Pakistani Muslims who are non religious as Punjabi's as well as some Punjabi Hindu's, maybe even some Punjabi Christians etc who are non religious as part of your ethnic group.

It's going to be a very mixed lot.