Why Do So Many Sikhs/punjabis Support Liverpool/united

ask the guys who in the 70's started supporting these teams >>>>>>>>they will tell you that it was about WORKING MAN culture.

Back in the day>>apney worked alongside the white working class>>in the metal works>>foundries>>gas and coal works>>>>

Liverpool >>big working man class>>club>>shipyards>>docks>>>

DONT forget that theses poor LABOURers were the guys that rebuilt the smashed up Britain after the war.>>>>>>>>>and with this many of the apna punjabees that came over helped them

anyway>>the clubs like Liverpool and even leeds utd had success in those days and alos had the huge support of working class people.

Not to mention that with all this the apney also joined in the pub>beer drinking culture of the same white folk they worked alongside.

sloggin it out and beating iron in the scorching furnaces>> the workers would go to pub for couple of pints of mild or bitter before heading home. >>>and the majority of apney were also monay and non amritdharees

sloggin it out and beating iron in the scorching furnaces

That's nice seeing as how today I have been asked to cool a shop down somehow, maybe put some extractor fans in or a small aircon unit.

Punjabi run business so I'm doing my bit for community cohesion.

I notice Sikhs in London tend to support Arsenal not Chelsea or Northwest clubs.

As an outsider (non-British Sikhs), I support Chelsea. Not sure why I like Chelsea (maybe I like blue and lions..lol), but they're my favourite EPL team for some reason (I might plan to catch game next year :biggrin2: )

Obviously I support my local club over any other team so I don't understand why someone would support other city's team over their own city team.

When apany come here Liverpool where dominant so we followed them. In late 90's the 2nd generation started following utd as they were dominant. There have been a few Chelsea supporting apany nowadays and later on there will be Man City. Its nothing personal its just the way it is. Whoever is dominant at the time will be supported. Simple.