Why Are Alot Of Sikhs So Whtified

Big_Tera

It does not matter what you or ther fools say I will stand by my topic and post.. to many white washed Sikhs like yourself. :biggrin2:

Why are you speaking the white mans language? Sitting in the white mans country and paying taxes to the white man.

Bhaji can you please take one word of advice from me. I mean this in the least rude way possible. We don't refer to it as Diwali, we call it Bandi Choor Divas as it was the day our beloved Guru hargobind Ji freed the political prisoners and granted them a new life.

As for Christmas, no one even celebrates that religiously anymore. Most people say Happy Holidays and use it as a way of getting together with family and a time of gathering and good feelings. There's hardly a mention of Jesus Christ from those souls. The same is applied to Easter and most other Christian Holidays.

And as for this proclamation im a "Whited down Sikh" which i think is so humorous. Yes I have gone to Parties but beforehand I have always specified I would not attend if Alcohol or drunkenness is going to be present. I also happily tell im a vegetarian and I don't consume Egg,fish,meat etc. And shockingly I'm not uninvited, in-fact it usually results in a nice variety being laid out in which I can take part. I am also an fan of certain T.V series, many of which I follow because get this. Their well written and expose many fundamental problems of that time and age. But i've never had the urge to go out get wasted, sleep around or even do anything from the Bujjar Kuret. I also have many friends. Muslims,Sikhs,Christians and even Atheists AND i never once looked down on them and none of them have done that to me. None of them have tried to steer me to drugs,alcohol,sex or even ask me change my name lmao. It appears OP is one of those weak minded sikhs who grossly underestimates the will power of the average Sikh that tries to follow the Path of Guru Nanak. Sikhs with far more will power than I have taken things further. I know so many Gursikhs my age who not only socialize and are apart of British culture but also remain true to the Ideals of our Faith.

People treat sikhism as something that is fragile that will break with the slightest touch. Sikhism is a tree that's roots have spread all throughout the world, even though those roots are now a part of something else as well they have remained true to their Divine father.

Yes this is a problem and no it's not the picture OP wishes to paint.

Not rude at all, saying "diwali" is just a habit since childhood days. But I agree with your post 100%, even though you maybe "whitified" (lol) you still seem like a much better person and Sikh than the OP. He just seems somewhat delusional.

badla you call bandi chor diwali? just shows how confused and deluded you are. No wonder you are so white washed, you dont even know the correct name for your own Sikh festivals. but you know the correct term for christian festivals. You have proven my point beyond doubt!! :biggrin2:

Kira I don not consider Punjabi as the same as Sikishm. That is another foolish assumption of yours. like many you have made in this thread. :biggrin2:

Kira I don not consider Punjabi as the same as Sikishm. That is another foolish assumption of yours. like many you have made in this thread. :biggrin2:

here you said

SinghPunjab

Punjabi Culture isn't our heritage lmao. Sikh history is. If you think drunkenness,sexism and active participation of the caste system is something that's "Sikhi" then that's fine.

badla you call bandi chor diwali? just shows how confused and deluded you are. No wonder you are so white washed, you dont even know the correct name for your own Sikh festivals. but you know the correct term for christian festivals. You have proven my point beyond doubt!! :biggrin2:

diwali diwali diwali diwali diwali diwali. Punjabi ni bolni ohndi? Jada e angrej banda.

The Mughal Empire

By 1737, the Mughal government of Lahore had strictly prohibited the Sikhs to visit Amritsar and bathe in the holy tank. To overcome this restriction, Bhai Mani Singh applied to Governor Zakariya Khan for permission to hold the Diwali festival at the Golden Temple. The permission was granted for a promised payment of Rs.5,000 to the Governor. Bhai Mani Singh was certain that he would be able to pay the sum out of the offerings that would be made by the Sikhs who were invited to come.

The Sikhs came in large numbers, but Zakariya Khan, under the pretext of keeping order, sent a force under Diwan Lakhpat Rae to Amritsar. It marched towards the city on the day of the festival in order to intimidate and disperse the Sikhs and the festival broke up at the approach of the Mughal army.

Execution

Bhai Mani Singh was arrested for not paying the stipulated sum. He was asked by the Qazi to embrace Islam or else face death. Bhai Mani Singh stoutly refused to barter his faith and boldly opted for death. By orders of Zakarya Khan, Bhai Mani Singh was executed at Nakhas, Lahore in December, 1737 AD. The Nakhas has since been known as Shaheed Ganj - the place of martyrdom [3].

This was a gruesome execution in which Bhai Mani Singh's executioner was ordered to chop Bhai Mani Singh's body to pieces joint by joint starting from the extremities. The irony of the execution was that Bhai Mani Singh had the last word. When the executioner started to cut into Bhai Mani Singh's wrist, Bhai Mani Singh gestured to his fingers telling the executioner that he should follow the orders of his commander with strictness, like a true Muslim. Very puzzled by the interruption, the executioner and guards asked the Great Shaheed what he meant. Bhai Mani Singh replied, " you have been ordered to execute me by chopping my joints, have you forgotten that my joints start with my fingers.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Bhai_Mani_Singh_Shaheed

Vaaran - Bhai Gurdaas Ji – Panna 19

ਦੀਵਾਲੀ ਦੀ ਰਾਤਿ ਦੀਵੇ ਬਾਲੀਅਨਿ॥

dheevaalee dhee raath dheevae baaleeani|

Lamps are lighted in the night of divali festival.

ਤਾਰੇ ਜਾਤਿ ਸਨਾਤਿ ਅੰਬਰਿ ਭਾਲੀਅਨਿ॥

thaarae jaath sanaath anbar bhaaleeani|

Stars of different variety appear in the sky.

ਤਾਰੇ ਜਾਤਿ ਸਨਾਤਿ ਅੰਬਰਿ ਭਾਲੀਅਨਿ॥

fulaa dhee baagaath chun chun chaaleeani|

In the gardens the flowers are there which are selectively plucked.

ਤੀਰਥਿ ਜਾਤੀ ਜਾਤਿ ਨੈਣ ਨਿਹਾਲੀਅਨਿ॥

theerath jaathee jaath nain nihaaleeani|

The pilgrims going to pilgrimage centres are also seen.

ਹਰਿ ਚੰਦਉਰੀ ਝਾਤਿ ਵਸਾਇ ਉਚਾਲੀਅਨਿ॥

har chandhouree jhaath vasaae ouchaaleeani|

The imaginary habitats have been seen coming into being and vanishing.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸੁਖ ਫਲ ਦਾਤਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਮ੍ਹਾਲੀਅਨਿ ॥6॥

guramukh sukh fal dhaath sabadh samaaleean |6|

All these are momentary, but the Gurmukhs with the help of the Word nourish the gift of the pleasure fruit.(6)

I'm still waiting for that proper response that doesn't involve insulting me.

lets just get back to the main topic instead of diverting from the issue.

Do you not think there is a problem of over westernized Sikhs in the UK and around the world? Answer me this question.Or are Sikhs doing perfectly well in your opinion?. lets just look at the facts. Most Sikhs are not practicing their religion.

Many are marrying non Sikhs. They know more about Christian festivals then their own. The call themselves English names instead of Singh and Kaur.

What is causing all this to happen. Do you have the answer and the solution. Or are you just randomly interfering in topics on here? :biggrin2: