Bani on PDA.

Taran

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Wheguru ji ki fateh.

As time and technology moves on, it is now possible to put bani eg, nitnem, rahiraas, and kirtan sohila on pocked pc;s or pda's or even some mobile phones.. I dont mean in audio, i mean in document format..

Is this right?! I know a few people who do do this, and was wondering what views people have.. if this is allowed in sikhi? How the pda should be treated respect wise? eg.. as a gutka? washing hands before using?! there are all these questions.. Is there anybody who can help?!

Also have any sants or mahpurkh said anything about doing this?!

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh.

P.S. and if it is allowed, does anybody know where these can be downloaded from in gurmukhi, as .pdf or .doc?! thats if this kind of thing is allowed.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Thats a good question... a the very least you should treat it like a gutka when you are using it as a gutka. I personally see no problem in it... gurbani is gurbani, and our guru's praised the spread of knowledge, that's why the Guru Granth Sahib was written up in the first place.

There is no better way (now) of spreading that knowledge than as electronic documents.

check out http://www.gurbanifiles.org for some files, I know http://www.sikhnet.com has plenty too.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

SikhiToTheMax on a PDA or pc or wotever is in computer binary format... a serious of 1001001000101001's! So i dont think we should have to worry too much about storing Gurbani in digital format because it will be displayed in that binary coding.

HOWEVER when i have it on my pda and that, i will try to clean my screen first, and make sure i dont put the pda on the floor WHILST Gurbani is being displayed. Thats just a personal think i feel in myself because i think if the Bani is being DISPLAYED i should try to treat it like im holding a guttka in my hand.

Remember though... its like when we tell people they are wrong for calling Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee a book... we are saying that because it doesnt matter what form Maharaaj has come to us on, its the teachings and the pyaar we get from Maharaaj which is what we look for. Its things that are beyond our eyes that we cant put in physical form.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Interesting topic. If Gurbani is digitally encrypted then I think we should not worry too much about gross level treatment. However, what we should be careful of is that if we have Gurbani stored in our hard drive then we should not contaminate the same drive with obscene material.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

if we have Gurbani stored in our hard drive then we should not contaminate the same drive with obscene material.

Yup. I agree with that. In the same way, try not to mix kachi bani with GurBani... like try not to have stuff like bhangra n rnb n stuff like that on the computer .. especially not the same hard drive. Even if you have to fork out for a new hard drive. We got 5000+ shabads which take up over 80gb and all the Sikhi stuff we have is on a seperate drive. Just try n do as much as u can to keep the Gurbani pure in its digital format too.

Bhul chuk maaf