Why Was This Thread Locked?

Malkeetv

I assume they still take Bhang because it's addictive. Apparently Wikipedia says that it assists them(Nihangs) with meditation?

It is addictive, but it has also become a part and parcel of the Nihang culture. I can't see how this can help with meditation though. When we are meditating we have to be fairly 'saavdaan with ikaagar cheet' how can anyone have this state of mind under the influence of 'Bhang?' Surely, this will lead one to deep sleep with intermittent snoring, don"t you think?

Guest Jacfsing2

It is addictive, but it has also become a part and parcel of the Nihang culture. I can't see how this can help with meditation though. When we are meditating we have to be fairly 'saavdaan with ikaagar cheet' how can anyone have this state of mind under the influence of 'Bhang?' Surely, this will lead one to deep sleep with intermittent snoring, don"t you think?

Just saying what Wikipedia said. I agree with what your saying. The only safe way to get high is through Naam. "ibnu nwvY mir jweIAY myry Twkur ijau AmlI Amil luBwnw ]2] (697-4)

bin naavai mar jaa-ee-ai mayray thaakur ji-o amlee amal lubhaanaa. ||2||

Without the Name, I would die; the Name of my Lord and Master is to me like the drug to the addict. ||2||" Ang 697