How Did Mongolians Build Such A Large Empire

sikhstudent99

They were not cowards. They had spiritual strength to fight their adversaries so 'hit and run' could never have been their battle tactics. When Guru ji left Chamkaur Sahib, he rode on a horse clapping his hands to let the enemy know he was leaving. This is an extremely brave act to do and, no one had the nerve to attack. I don't believe anyone has ever given an accurate account of the sikh history. So, I don't believe that Khalsa would have fought such dangerous battles with cowardice. Guru Sahiban said, 'Sawwa Laakh se ek Larayoon' this proves very clearly, and beyond any shadow of a doubt that he was referring to spiritual strength of his Khalsa! So to suggest they relied on 'hit and run' tactics makes them look like weaklings. They were not weak. They were powerful 'yodhas' and the likes of whom have never been reproduced or witnessed anywhere in this world! The Khalsa was unique with spiritual and supernatural powers and skills. Their Anjana Chakras were connected with the Akal Purakh. They recited Chandi di Vaar daily and this powerful Bani is what made them so strong and indestructible. I don't believe anything authored by any hindu, muslim or an anparr sikh, whether they are historians or not!!

CHaamCHrick, you are absolutely correct, they were not trained to be cowards. Our Deshmesh Pita Ji (Guru) created a very brave Force, I wish I could say the same about the quam. The Khalsa fauj was impossible to subdue or defeat, almost indomitable in the battlefields, whether they were up against the hill rajas or the mughal forces!

Their application of Dhai phat does not imply they were cowards. in fact, it indicates or proves the shrewdness and quick thinking qualities of the fauj. DP tactics means two and a half injuries. It is a battle technique utilized by brave warriors which simply involves to hit the enemy first time and then withdraw to some quiet spot to observe if the enemy needs a second helping to finish him off completely. The first strike should have killed him, but if didn't then go back again and hit him again. You keep repeating this action till the enemy is either killed or too injured to present any threat to you. It is a technique used to defeat the enemy that's all. The reason you withdrew to some quiet place was so to make your observations whether the enemy needed further strike to bump him off. They withdrew not because they were 'cowards' the reason they resorted to this technique was to observe the effectiveness of their first strike. They were not cowards, but brave, clever and good thinkers with logical, highly developed minds!! That's is the reason, their bravery has not been possible to replicate.

They were a special force with highly developed spiritual powers and unmatched faith in the Guru. Faith can move mountains.

Do you know what Jesus says about faith? He says, "Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever, says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' and he does not doubt in his heart, but believes what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mark 11:22-24) Faith is this simple. The problem with those that do kintoo prantoos have no faith in God and that's is the reason they believe that the Khalsa fauj only relied on dhai phat techniques to win their battles!! They are the original 'doubting Thomases' of our quam, the giddarrs...lol!!

Besides, to interpret DP as a 'hit and run' gives one the impression they were involved in some kind of road/traffic accident too scared to face the consequences or get caught by the police!! This is the occupation of real cowards and not the occupation of the impregnable Khalsa fauj!!

(http://akalinihang.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/shastravidia-dhai-phat-sikh-guerrilla.html)

Guest Jacfsing2

You're full of rubbish.

There are accounts by our Afghan and Moghul enemies that do explicitly refer to (read admit) Sikh bravery. So your point above is the actual nonsense.

How much more of our time do you want to waste with your foolish assertions and encourage weakness amongst us?

They way you go on is like you personally witnessed the battles yourself btw....you make me laugh.

Guru Gobind Singh spent a long time in physically and mentally preparing Sikhs for war, bir raas bani went hand in hand with training, especially (but not solely) in the form of hunting. They weren't fools, they took on (comparatively smaller scale) battles to give Singhs a taste of war with the hill rajahs; later Singhs (under Banda Singh) would take on the state itself with its massive resources. Everything was steadily and gradually built up - there was no foolish relying on some magic mysticism to turn people into soldiers overnight.

I've got to add: What I find is that physical cowards or seriously lazy people are usually the ones who keep pushing the above hypothesis. I believe it is because they are reluctant to go through the daily routine of hard training themselves, as well as being secretly terrified of having to engage in violent confrontations personally- instead they comfort themselves with the notion that if the ish hits the fan - they'll be miraculously given super-human strength to defeat the enemy.This way they don't have to personally take the trouble to go through the exhausting physical training required or mentally deal with the idea of some evil-intent individuals trying to spill their and their families blood and having to deal with it. The idea is crutch for them, a source of comfort. That's why they are so vehement about it. Take it away and they are in danger of crumbling under the grim reality that confronts them.

Some puppoo types have this strong tendency to whitewash history in a really weird way too. But when we look at it properly we see Guru ji faced all manner of obstacles like people deserting (the Pathan mercenaries recommended by Buddhan Pir), some Sikhs themselves losing faith in his leadership and leaving (like the 40 muktay did before Mai Bhago straightened them). People questioning his leadership (like when certain Sikhs believed that the Mughuls were being honest about allowing them free passage to vacate Chamkaur (I think it was Chamkaur?).

The spiritual/mystical core of the faith is essential for our spiritual foundation, our ethics. But they are not in any way some substitute for physically training for war.

To make the point clearly, reading bani on its own (as much as I love it and as important as it is to us) wont improve your marksmanship with a gun; it wont teach you how to fly a fighter jet, it won't teach you how to evade and counter attacks with guerrilla strategies.

That's not to downplay bani, because for Sikhs singing and absorbing bani is what it is all about on a spiritual plane. But lets keep it real about war and violence. Our Guru's pushed us to realistically train and prepare for this, not rely on some magic to save us. Any fools doing this wont last long if things get tasty...

I would like to agree with; however, it seems like you don't believe Bir Ras is a real thing, also what amount of training could allow a short guy(admitted him being short) like Bhai Bachittar Singh Ji to fight a drunken elephant, or a guy fighting without his head, (Baba Deep Singh Ji), these things don't just happen for no odd reason despite the physical exercise, (both were very strong physically; however, the latter couldn't have fought without a head unless he had bani).

I would like to agree with; however, it seems like you don't believe Bir Ras is a real thing, also what amount of training could allow a short guy(admitted him being short) like Bhai Bachittar Singh Ji to fight a drunken elephant, or a guy fighting without his head, (Baba Deep Singh Ji), these things don't just happen for no odd reason despite the physical exercise, (both were very strong physically; however, the latter couldn't have fought without a head unless he had bani).

So you don't think physical training for war (stamina and strength development as well as regular weapon usage/practice) was a regular feature of these Singhs lives?

Why would they need that training stuff if they could solely rely on what you are talking about anyway? Did all of the Singhs who didn't show the type of thing Baba Deep Singh did, lack this 'bir raas' or something? You know, like the older sahibzadaay. When the second sahibzada turned back to ask for water, did he lack this bir raas or something? All the Singhs who died fighting in battle without showing a miracle, were they weak on what you think is bir raas or something?

Do you personally try and keep yourself strong and ready btw or are you relying on your personal interpretation of what constitutes 'bir raas' to save you in the event of things going sour? Just wondering.

Guest Jacfsing2

So you don't think physical training for war (stamina and strength development as well as regular weapon usage/practice) was a regular feature of these Singhs lives?

Why would they need that training stuff if they could solely rely on what you are talking about anyway? Did all of the Singhs who didn't show the type of thing Baba Deep Singh did, lack this 'bir raas' or something? You know, like the older sahibzadaay. When the second sahibzada turned back to ask for water, did he lack this bir raas or something? All the Singhs who died fighting in battle without showing a miracle, were they weak on what you think is bir raas or something?

Do you personally try and keep yourself strong and ready btw or are you relying on your personal interpretation of what constitutes 'bir raas' to save you in the event of things going sour? Just wondering.

(I'll just end this conversation by saying your an <banned word filter activated> and neither do you know any science nor do you know how to read, [Can't stand the stupid.])

No, it is you that is FULL OF RUBBISH. People that have the propensity to show off are the ones that are 'full of rubbish!' Knowledge makes us humble and not God. Stop fooling yourself. YOU ARE NOT GOD. You are too arrogant! So you believe everything you read, just because some Afghan or Mughal has had the opportunity to brainwash you. How ignorant can you get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not the one wasting your time. You are the one wasting your own time by responding to my post.

To believe that the Khalsa fauj solely depended on the tactics of dhai phat symbolizes how ignorant you must be.

Let me repeat myself again. The Khalsa fauj did not rely on this tactic only. They were very powerful souls who had done all the groundwork to gain spiritual strength by reciting the Dasam Banies as well as the Banis from the SGGS. They had faith in Waheguru. It is their faith which made them so invincible like spareribs has mentioned in his post. Their faith in the Guru, plus recitations of the Banis and fighting tactics is what made them inexpugnable to the enemy. This requires a lot of self discipline and determination. One has to be resolute in following this path and there are no two ways about it. One has to have unwavering qualities and mindset to pursue this path. It is not easy.

The Khalsa fauj were souls not embodied in 'physical cowards or seriously lazy' bodies but vice versa! They are the ones that teach us what can be achieved if we follow our Guru ji's teachings resolutely. They are our real ROLE MODELS. They teach us that we can achieve anything if we put our minds to it seriously and sincerely!

Sikhism is a path with involves both Miri and Piri. Sant and Sipahi. Those that claim to be sants are not sants unless they have balanced it out with shastara vidya. They have also to be sipahies. Shastrara vidya is compulsory for everyone who follows the path of the mystics. There are plenty of good examples in old vedic literature where this has been demonstrated. One is not suppose to demonstrate one's riddhies and siddhies. That's the reason, Bhai Bhanda Singh Bahadur had to surrender to the Dasam Patshah to receive the Amrit.

Whenever the Akal Purakh orders his beloveds to appear on mother earth they have to accept a human body. Once they accept the human body, they are completely forbidden by the AP to use any miraculous powers to rescue themselves from hardships or suffering. We have very good example of Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji. They have to live like ordinary human beings and teach us how to cope with hardships and suffering on a human level. They come to this earth to teach us how to rise above our human conditioning. They are our Saviors. They don't display their shakti to get out of trouble. That's not why they are sent. They live their lives just like us, but they are way too above us. We can never reach their heights when it comes to what they are capable of doing. Jesus could have easily destroyed the whole of the Roman Empire to save himself from the Cross, but he didn't. Yet, he is Christ!! They live under the AP's Bana, Hukam and that's what they teach us too. Another example is Sri Ram Chander Ji.

There is NO substitute for FAITH. Although, there is such as theory known as 'mind over matter!' Spiritual paths strengthen our souls, our minds access spiritual (this) strength in the form of wisdom, physical strength, belief in the impossible and much more.

I would hardly refer to the Khalsa and its Father as a 'puppoo' if you don't mind using this term, please!! They are our role models and we can learn so much from them. We can learn to live in Waheguru's Hukam and Bana, to start with!

You should realize that your arguing with an <banned word filter activated>, (I agree with you though,).

What political tacts did they use who did they build alliances with

There are only 11 million mongolions in the world out of 6 billion people yet making less then 1 percent of the population they built the largest empire taking countries like japan china russia iran afghanistan iraq

The Mongol soldiers were the inventors of the modern "drive-by". They learnt how to control horses using their legs only, leaving both hands free to load and discharge arrows at speed. This technique which they perfected won them battles in which the opponents had no answer to. Expert horsemanship is still a feature of their lives even today.

Horses are great.

Their application of Dhai phat does not imply they were cowards. in fact, it indicates or proves the shrewdness and quick thinking qualities of the fauj. DP tactics means two and a half injuries. It is a battle technique utilized by brave warriors which simply involves to hit the enemy first time and then withdraw to some quiet spot to observe if the enemy needs a second helping to finish him off completely. The first strike should have killed him, but if didn't then go back again and hit him again. You keep repeating this action till the enemy is either killed or too injured to present any threat to you. It is a technique used to defeat the enemy that's all. The reason you withdrew to some quiet place was so to make your observations whether the enemy needed further strike to bump him off. They withdrew not because they were 'cowards' the reason they resorted to this technique was to observe the effectiveness of their first strike. They were not cowards, but brave, clever and good thinkers with logical, highly developed minds!! That's is the reason, their bravery has not been possible to replicate.

I have never heard this before so thanks for the input.

"Dhai" is a Panjabi word meaning to bring something/one down to the ground. Dha meaning wrestle. You may have heard people sayng "Dha la oh nu" - wrestle him down to the ground. Or you may have heard "Imarat dha ditti" - the building was brought down to the ground ie levelled.

"Phat" mean quickly. As my rents used to say "eh kam phat a phat hona chahida" this job musgt be done asap.

Put together it means to attack quickly and bring down. ie lightening strikes to bring down the enemy.

Of course it was. Guru Hargobind Sahib personally trained Sikhs in the art of warfare and weaponry at Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

Sikhism is a path with involves both Miri and Piri. Sant and Sipahi. Those that claim to be sants are not sants unless they have balanced it out with shastara vidya.

I would be a little more restrained in using words like these. Sikh history has examples of Sants/elevated souls who did not know or use Shastar Vidya, from the times of our Gurus upto modern times.

Guest Jacfsing2

I would be a little more restrained in using words like these. Sikh history has examples of Sants/elevated souls who did not know or use Shastar Vidya, from the times of our Gurus upto modern times.

I would highly doubt that, especially since Baba Buddha at one point claimed he didn't know anything about Shastars yet he was the one who taught Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Hargobind Ji shastars and was made a head general. They clearly most likely would know Shastars, (even Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji knew Shastars); however, not everyone needed to use Shastars.