How Did Mongolians Build Such A Large Empire

sikhstudent99

For the mongols, I would say that one of the big factors was the breed of horses they used. I do not have the particulars of the breed of horses, but these were fairly small horses that the mongols were able to steer with their thighs. This allowed them to shoot arrows without the extra work of steering with their hands. I believe the breed of horse was over-utilized and is now extinct. The mongols were also fairly organized and had an effective chain of command. The Mongols were also a purely mounted army giving them the ability to traverse long distances.

The horses still exist and so does the Mongol nomadic way of life. The steppes have a number of wild horses with are tamed each year and subsequently bred from. Their way of life is still very much the same.

I remember watching a documentary on them some years ago. Can remember them capturing horses and using them. Also remember the mongolians do not waste any part of any animal for food. They eat the intestines and heart and everything.

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

Was Guru Nanak Dev Ji different from Guru HarGobind Sahib?

And how did Guru Nanak Sahib teach Baba Budha?

There is a topic on this forum; however,

Thanks for highlighting that topic, it was good to read up on some past debates.

however, as I read it I noticed your don't believe Guru Nanak Dev Ji kept Shastar: http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/68043-shastar-vidiya-vs-gatka/page-6

Yes that is true. I do not beleive that Guru Nanak Ji did keep shaster. I base it on katha by Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindranwale. He talks about Guru Sahib describing certain belongings as shastar, ie Guru's kamarkasa, when Guru Sahib is asked by someone what weapons he has with him. But these items are all described with a spiritual objective, not physical.

However if you have any katha or scriptural evidence I would be very pleased if you would share it.

the topic could go on forever, yet you'll stay with your views.

Is that a bad thing? I have come to my present conclusions through research. it could be tomorrow that you bring something new to this debate and I will then have to further my research to accomadate that.

Because that is what debate is about isn't it? Presenting your views (or others') and sharing and learning with each other. And that's what this forum provides isn't it? A platform for us to share and learn from each other, and also to debate with each other in a civilised manner?

Why do you feel that me having different views from you on this topic is such a bad thing? Do you feel that only views that are identical to yours are worth having?

Guest Jacfsing2

Was Guru Nanak Dev Ji different from Guru HarGobind Sahib? (No)

And how did Guru Nanak Sahib teach Baba Budha? (In the same way Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji taught Bhai Mardana how to use Raag Vidya, Baba Buddha was blessed with all the vidya at once)

Thanks for highlighting that topic, it was good to read up on some past debates.

Yes that is true. I do not beleive that Guru Nanak Ji did keep shaster. I base it on katha by Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindranwale. He talks about Guru Sahib describing certain belongings as shastar, ie Guru's kamarkasa, when Guru Sahib is asked by someone what weapons he has with him. But these items are all described with a spiritual objective, not physical.

However if you have any katha or scriptural evidence I would be very pleased if you would share it.

Is that a bad thing? (No, I only said we have different views) I have come to my present conclusions through research. it could be tomorrow that you bring something new to this debate and I will then have to further my research to accomadate that.

Because that is what debate is about isn't it? Presenting your views (or others') and sharing and learning with each other. And that's what this forum provides isn't it? A platform for us to share and learn from each other, and also to debate with each other in a civilised manner? (Yes; however, if we can't reach a conclusion we should just accept that it can't be finished like Raag-Mala or Meat)

Why do you feel that me having different views from you on this topic is such a bad thing? Do you feel that only views that are identical to yours are worth having?

I'll answer the direct questions in parentheses; however, the Nihangs have stated that Baba Buddha did receive Shastar Vidya from Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji himself; though he didn't need it until Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji's time. (http://shastardhari.com/blog/the-history-of-shastar-within-the-khalsa-panth-part-1-of-5/)

Guest Jacfsing2

NIhang Guru Nanak Dev ji ...I mean really you believe Bhramgiani wouldn't know all gian of all things including true shastar vidhiya.

I partly agree with you expect Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji wasn't a Nihang, (they drink Bhang and I don't believe Vaheguru himself really needs to drink that, along with some other things anti-Sikh).

I partly agree with you expect Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji wasn't a Nihang, (they drink Bhang and I don't believe Vaheguru himself really needs to drink that, along with some other things anti-Sikh).

look up the definition of nihang according to bani ...that's what I'm talking about the only bhang he needed was naam again as bani illustrates

the Nihangs have stated that Baba Buddha did receive Shastar Vidya from Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji himself;

Baba Budha Ji receiving Shastar Vidya is not disputed, but the way he received this knowledge is something to be discussed. As said on the other topic, Guru Nanak Dev Ji did not take a stick and teach a pentra to Baba Budha. Guru Sahib by his Pavitar Drishti infused Baba Budha with this knowledge.