Egg- Quorn

guptsinghji

I got greens coming out of my ears, lol, but nuts not so much. I find they have a high fat content, and I've had a slow metabolism since I was a kid, so anything with even naturally occurring fat is rough for me. You can imagine what artificial fats do to me. Training is the only reason I'm lean. Even a great diet and no exercise would result in me being soft around the edges.

I add sauted veges to couscous, but not pasta. I like to keep that the old Italian way. But your hulk rice sounds brill. I'm actually going to give that a go on the weekend.

A spoon of olive oil or any healthy alternative to bind it together, bhenji. Cook it properly. You don't want the above under-cooked or even raw.

sounds like you need a little more salt in your diet , because the sodium is needed to form the acid used for digestion and potassium (pears, potatoes, bananas)

p.s try raw shelled hempseed omega3 rich easy to digest , not as allergenic as most nuts

What's OJ? Broccoli is good in protein. People think meat has a lot of protein, but it doesn't. Broccoli and lentils have more I think.

Our ancestors actually had good diets based on all the natural organic fruit legumes and vegetables.

OJ = orange juice

meat/ fish are already formed proteins which our bodies have to break down and then rebuild into the types of proteins our bodies need to use for repair/growth, whereas Plants and fruits are mostly amino acid rich so can be more easily built into the required protein by our bodies thus we don't feel energy depleted and there are not so many by products produced to strain the liver and kidneys.

Sodium content of various salts:

Brand Salt Type Sodium (g/100g)

Original Lo Salt Lo Salt 13.1 (34.6 potassium)

Saxa Table Salt 38.9

Saxa Sea Salt 38.2

Saxa Fine Sea Salt 38.2

Saxa Coarse Sea Salt 38.2

Saxa Cooking Salt 39.2

Saxa Rock Salt 39.9

Saxa So-Low 19.0

Tesco Table Salt 38.5

maldon Maldon Salt 39.0

Maldon Tidman's Rock Salt 39.0

Maldon Tidman's Sea Salt 39.0

Salins du Midi Sea Salt (fine table salt) 39.2

Salins du Midi Sea Salt Coarse (coarse rock salt crystals) 39.2

Le Natyrsel Flower Salt (Fleur de Sel de Girande) 30.0 - 37.0

Est Epices Preserving Slat (nitrite salt) 38.9

Est Epices Celery Salt (flavoured salt) 31.0

Est Epices Pink Salt (coloured nitrite salt) 36.9

https://www.fsai.ie/science_and_health/salt_and_health/sodium_content_of_various_salt_products.html

I'm still getting round to using mine, already packet is open thou, keep forgetting.

Is it good for thorka penji? Why add less? Is is stronger? I think I should throw out the Saxa.

because it has other minerals in it I think the taste is different , nicer (more complete?) now if i have just plain table salt it seems much harsher. It is excellent for everything because salt is a mineral the heat doesn't change it

Porridge! ;)

I HATE porridge :(

Sago seeds are lovely, [saboo Dhaaana]

Tesco do some meat free, egg free things. Veggie finders, burgers. Linda does too the sausages. Just buy the dried soya and imerse in water for a few hours then add sauces etc to make a nice curry :)

Thank you Paji, so do you heat the olive oil in a pan and add the rest?

In a medium pot, yes, but don't rush it like goreh do on telly. A spoon of whatever oil you're using, then put in the tin of chopped tomatoes, then the various masaleh and coriander, etc. Make sure the concoction is cooked and creamy, not watery. After that, chuck the pasta in, mix it in thoroughly with the sauce, and if you want turn off the heat (to stop the pasta from sticking and turning into kheer, lol) but keep the lid on for 5 mins. Should be done.

But if JKV bhenji says olive oil is dodgy I'll try another oil. It's been fine for me all these years, but I'm always up for trying new stuff.

but the thing is italians do add veg to their pastas like I do ...fresh leaf spinach wilted into a pan of garlic sauteed mushrooms again chuck into pasta quick and tasty just remember to season with salt and pepper nicely.

Oh aye, I add spinach leaves and slices of mushroom and all that. I meant like a chunk of frozen vegetables; I don't do that, lol.

I HATE porridge :(

You're missing out, Singh! A bowl of porridge in the morning, a spoon of alsi (ground linseed) mixed in, a bit of weight training, and you'll have a body of steel in 6 months... as long as you keep away from the pizza and chips, lol.