Egg- Quorn

guptsinghji

I HATE porridge :(

Sago seeds are lovely, [saboo Dhaaana]

Tesco do some meat free, egg free things. Veggie finders, burgers. Linda does too the sausages. Just buy the dried soya and imerse in water for a few hours then add sauces etc to make a nice curry :)

if you are using the mince for lasagne or bolgnese sauce I find soaking it in boiling hot mushroom/veg stock ( water just enough to cover) makes the resulting sauce tastier with less effort.

In a medium pot, yes, but don't rush it like goreh do on telly. A spoon of whatever oil you're using, then put in the tin of chopped tomatoes, then the various masaleh and coriander, etc. Make sure the concoction is cooked and creamy, not watery. After that, chuck the pasta in, mix it in thoroughly with the sauce, and if you want turn off the heat (to stop the pasta from sticking and turning into kheer, lol) but keep the lid on for 5 mins. Should be done.

But if JKV bhenji says olive oil is dodgy I'll try another oil. It's been fine for me all these years, but I'm always up for trying new stuff.

Oh aye, I add spinach leaves and slices of mushroom and all that. I meant like a chunk of frozen vegetables; I don't do that, lol.

You're missing out, Singh! A bowl of porridge in the morning, a spoon of alsi (ground linseed) mixed in, a bit of weight training, and you'll have a body of steel in 6 months... as long as you keep away from the pizza and chips, lol.

if you are in the bodybuilding game cooked olive/sunflower oil will make you retain extra fat and water because your body will try to move toxins to safe encapsulation (fat cells) dhania and herbs are great for detoxing stored stuff.

try traditional Punjabi dalia made from wheat less gooey ewwy ...

if you are in the bodybuilding game cooked olive/sunflower oil will make you retain extra fat and water because your body will try to move toxins to safe encapsulation (fat cells) dhania and herbs are great for detoxing stored stuff.

try traditional Punjabi dalia made from wheat less gooey ewwy ...

Nah bhenji, it's all about the lean mass for me. Extra weight (even excessive muscle) isn't good for the heart the older one gets, plus I have other things I need to devote my time to aside from lifting weights. HIT cardio and a thorough weight-lifting routine are fine for me. Although, that olive oil / fat cell business is quite worrying.

Also, is Punjabi dalia better than the standard Scott's Oats in terms of less fat? Any disadvantages to Punjabi dalia or is it better?

Nah bhenji, it's all about the lean mass for me. Extra weight (even excessive muscle) isn't good for the heart the older one gets, plus I have other things I need to devote my time to aside from lifting weights. HIT cardio and a thorough weight-lifting routine are fine for me. Although, that olive oil / fat cell business is quite worrying.

Also, is Punjabi dalia better than the standard Scott's Oats in terms of less fat? Any disadvantages to Punjabi dalia or is it better?

but isn't that what BB do but in a two step way ..mass then shred? that's the plus of vegan bb style gain hard muscle with minimal fat in the first place, main plus of following bibeki style of eating minimal poisons in diet.

Punjabi dalia made with milk is similar calories but since it's cracked wheat as opposed to flattened/steel cut oats slower release and less gluten release . Oats will spike Blood sugar hard and for longer - more damaging , more insulin released harder crash.

but isn't that what BB do but in a two step way ..mass then shred? that's the plus of vegan bb style gain hard muscle with minimal fat in the first place, main plus of following bibeki style of eating minimal poisons in diet.

Punjabi dalia made with milk is similar calories but since it's cracked wheat as opposed to flattened/steel cut oats slower release and less gluten release . Oats will spike Blood sugar hard and for longer - more damaging , more insulin released harder crash.

I think only the uber-dedicated put on mass then shred. Even then, apparently, trying to prolong a shredded state is unwise because it's tough to stay that way unless you're competing. Obviously, not many amateur lifters compete professionally, so for the average lifter it's either about aesthetics (showing off arms, chest, abs for ego, etc) or getting as big as possible for powerlifting purposes. I prefer the swimmer / gymnast type build. As long as the tidh isn't hanging over the belt line, or the chest isn't squidgy and soft, I'm happy. The cardio will sweat out the rest IMO, or it does for me at least.

Oh I see about the oats. I never knew that. I'll make some Punjabi dalia tomorrow and see how that goes down. Thanks bhenji.

In a medium pot, yes, but don't rush it like goreh do on telly. A spoon of whatever oil you're using, then put in the tin of chopped tomatoes, then the various masaleh and coriander, etc. Make sure the concoction is cooked and creamy, not watery. After that, chuck the pasta in, mix it in thoroughly with the sauce, and if you want turn off the heat (to stop the pasta from sticking and turning into kheer, lol) but keep the lid on for 5 mins. Should be done.

But if JKV bhenji says olive oil is dodgy I'll try another oil. It's been fine for me all these years, but I'm always up for trying new stuff.

Oh aye, I add spinach leaves and slices of mushroom and all that. I meant like a chunk of frozen vegetables; I don't do that, lol.

You're missing out, Singh! A bowl of porridge in the morning, a spoon of alsi (ground linseed) mixed in, a bit of weight training, and you'll have a body of steel in 6 months... as long as you keep away from the pizza and chips, lol.

Oh yeah thorke vala pasta, used to make this a lot. It's nice with spaghetti too. Baba Fauja Singh Ji has alsi dia pinnia.

My grandma used to make Alpen dalia and throw in her own stuff too, extra sultanas etc, I can't remember if she added ghee or butter thou. Quaker Oats plain is good too.