Why Religions And Faith Have Declined

Big_Tera

Is this Big Tera a sullah or athiest ex-Sikh in disguise?

Oye fudhoo, come out of the closet.

You seem like a troll. Is that the type of language you think is acceptable on a Sikh forum? I guess with the amount of brain cells you have that is the only words you can think of.

I dont know what you are going on about. But I am not advocating atheism I have a 100% belief in Sikhism. I am just stating why so many people are not religious in modern times as they were in the past. Because of materialism of the modern world.

Paa Jee,

as Kalyug moves forward in full force, dharm is bound to be on gradual decline. You see, you mention the situation of some few centuries back, and we can see how much changes have ocurred.

So we sholud be baaram baar thankful to Him, as He has chosen us to be at the refuge of His Lotus Feet through Gurbani. It is good to have that feeling of pity for others; but in the end, we have to worry the more for us, to do as much bhakti as possible in this short human uncertain life, and carry that spiritual wealth with us.

For the rest, we may think in the terms as the Bani says, to whom He wants back, He makes them aware of Himself and makes them do His bhakti through His apaar Kirpa, and the remaining ones, He keeps them busy in the different roles, in His grand play.

Sat Sree Akal.

where exactly is it thriving?

What, Roman Catholicism isn't alive and kicking in latin America? People in the Islamic world aren't Muslims now? People aren't converting to Islam all over the place then? Hinduism (whatever that is) isn't going to die in India just yet. The pope doesn't draw a crowd wherever he turns up? There aren't hordes of them red neck, republican 'Christians' in the bible belt of America?

Do you know that the influx of African immigrants to the UK has led to a revival of church attendance. Churches packed on Sundays.

Religion isn't dying at all. It is thriving globally. Only western honkys and their converted chumchay have rejected it - or those dimwitted fudhoos who grow up in their countries and imbibe the prevailing thinking. The rest of the world generally clings to some religious belief.