Think Before Ordering Food At Nathan's

singhbj singh

Thats terrible and I'm sure the Sikh Coalition will make Nathans pay dearly for this blatant hate crime act.

Of course, if one really wished to be pedantic, one could say, after looking at Paramjit's receipt, perhaps it was God's plan to teach Paramjit a valuable life lesson after he felt like eating the flesh of dead animals (15 pork & beef hot dog nuggets) ?

Guest Jacfsing2

Thats terrible and I'm sure the Sikh Coalition will make Nathans pay dearly for this blatant hate crime act.

Of course, if one really wished to be pedantic, one could say, after looking at Paramjit's receipt, perhaps it was God's plan to teach Paramjit a valuable life lesson after he felt like eating the flesh of dead animals (15 pork & beef hot dog nuggets) ?

? That's still not a way to treat a customer.

Jagsaw Singh I've read your post multiple times but in every post you have a condescending tone..

I'm sorry bro but not every is perfect but to me seems like you are.. Can you please give me ur address I would wana come touch your feet ..maybe guru sahib will do Kirpa on me too..

Here's a Sikh dealing thru dehumanizing behavior.. Instead of supporting you have smart comments to make.. I guess thats why there's no unity in the path cuz we're all busy judging each other..

Guest Jacfsing2

Jagsaw Singh I've read your post multiple times but in every post you have a condescending tone..

I'm sorry bro but not every is perfect but to me seems like you are.. Can you please give me ur address I would wana come touch your feet ..maybe guru sahib will do Kirpa on me too..

Here's a Sikh dealing thru dehumanizing behavior.. Instead of supporting you have smart comments to make.. I guess thats why there's no unity in the path cuz we're all busy judging each other..

I agree with you.

I'm sure thats what it is. Out of all the heinous crimes being committed, gods focused on punishing someone for eating some nuggets. If thats so, priorities are out of order lol.

Meat issue aside, I'm surprised at the brazen defiance and lack of concern by the staff when they were confronted. The fact that a nearby customer felt bold enough to join in with the passive mockery occurring at the time is slightly insidious.

My eyes are open to such bakwaas, hence I don't live under any illusions about what people's erroneous opinions of me may be because of my Sikhi, but for a delicate minded individual who considers himself a loyal and law-abiding American, this little episode has probably sent him into a mild depression. It's a lesson worth learning; one that he'd be wisr to pass onto his children.

Rather than constantly re-reading my posts vaddapappi, I would suggest your time would be better spent if you read things like dictionaries and books. Then, perhaps, you would have a better understanding of how and why I used in my sentence (the sentence you object to) words such as "pedantic" and expressions such as "could have" and "perhaps".

So you see, first of all I articulated how it is an unimportant and perhaps irrelevent point. Then I pointed out how some people who wanted to make such an unimportant point (be pedantic) might actually go ahead and do so. Then I went on to say that even if such a person made such an unimportant point they might actually 'perhaps' be wrong.

I think the main point to take away from this then is the importance of education.....being well-read.......being able to actually understand the English language.

But.....having told you what that first message (the one you objected to) was about I'm now going to go ahead and say something else:

Waheguru works in mysterious ways. Now think about it in this way: Paramjit, up until now, went about his life as a Sikh without giving too much thought into spiritual matters. You could say he took his 'sikhi' for granted. But, what happened that day at Nathan's has forced Paramjit to re-evaluate what it means to be a Sikh. It took something bad to happen for him to get involved in 'Sikh' issues. Now that, for the first time in his life, he's been forced to delve a little deeper into Sikhism it is possible that, for the first time, he may re-evaluate whether eating dead animals will help him on his spiritual journey.

Now, if you find that "condascending" than all I can say is that you bruise way too easily my friend.

<banned word filter activated> are you saying .. This isn't an English class and none of us needs to read an essay .. I think at this point you might wana do double ardaas for me. One asking guru sahib to make me a better Sikh and a mahapurush like you.. second to get me better grammar skills..

Obviously everything happens with gurus plan but I'm not sure how making a Sikh feel like <banned word filter activated> is adding value to it..

I'm glad as this Sikh looks in his 20s imagine this would've happened to a Sikh in his teens It would've totally killed his confidence and public skills