Rss Will Support Sarbat Khalsa

guptsinghji

Alots of Sikhs over in videshi places know what Guru ji has told us to do and are willing to do it , most of the SIkhs in India play at being sikh inbetween binge drinking hard liquor and meat eating then claim they are following Guru ji just like the Amritdharis ...I'm sorry but I don't remember Guru ji being that lax ever in rehit

I hope you realize videshi sikhs have 0 right to enforce ANY law/rule in Punjab? We need to get over ourselves, this isnt about us, its about the citizens of Punjab. Anyways, I hope you or someone tries to enforce rehit, enjoy the backlash lol.

I hope you realize videshi sikhs have 0 right to enforce ANY law/rule in Punjab? We need to get over ourselves, this isnt about us, its about the citizens of Punjab. Anyways, I hope you or someone tries to enforce rehit, enjoy the backlash lol.

if you read what I had written before I proposed opening rehab clinics in the pinds first supported by our daswands ...did Sant ji get told that it was impossible to turn around the youth? probably but nothing ventured nothing gained, if you offer education vs keeping the teke most people will choose education for their kids - this is important to counter govt policy of shutting down schools and opening teke to leave our people uneducated without future prospects and shoving alcohol and drugs as a goto

Singers sing what the people want to hear, they cater to their market. There are many causes for why kids drink and do drugs, but jazzy b or diljt arent main causes. This is precisely why in my previous post I said they need former addicts on board.

Sorry but I think they do add to the cause, because then that influences the ones that don't drink to drink just because everybody else is doing it. Do you understand what I mean? Youngsters will only be influenced by the sangat they spend their time with. If there's a group of 4 guys or girls for that matter, and 3 that are drinking listening to these bakwas songs about daru, drugs etc acting all cool, then that will have an effect on the one that isn't, so just to be part of the 'cool' gang, he/she will join in. It's called peer group pressure, some youngsters aren't that strong to make their own decisions, until later on in life, which maybe too late then .

And the only reason the singers are making them songs is for the money, nothing else. They have many meaningful songs, nobody forces them to sing the patiala peg, so think about it, don't they have kids?

I agree with the bit, former addicts should be on board, but existing too, to show what alcohol and drugs has made their life.

Sorry but I think they do add to the cause, because then that influences the ones that don't drink to drink just because everybody else is doing it. Do you understand what I mean? Youngsters will only be influenced by the sangat they spend their time with. If there's a group of 4 guys or girls for that matter, and 3 that are drinking listening to these bakwas songs about daru, drugs etc acting all cool, then that will have an effect on the one that isn't, so just to be part of the 'cool' gang, he/she will join in. It's called peer group pressure, some youngsters aren't that strong to make their own decisions, until later on in life, which maybe too late then .

And the only reason the singers are making them songs is for the money, nothing else. They have many meaningful songs, nobody forces them to sing the patiala peg, so think about it, don't they have kids?

I agree with the bit, former addicts should be on board, but existing too, to show what alcohol and drugs has made their life.

Have you ever drank, done any drugs or kept sangat with on a daily basis with those who do? If not, you'll realize some what you're saying is not true. The peer pressure aspect however is true in many cases, it is one of the bigger reasons people end up drinking.

If the people didn't want songs about alcohol etc then singers wouldnt make those songs because it wouldnt earn them any money. If the people change what they want, then the singers will stop. Thats the only option, forcing singers to stop singing about alcohol is not logical.

Have you ever drank, done any drugs or kept sangat with on a daily basis with those who do? If not, you'll realize some what you're saying is not true. The peer pressure aspect however is true in many cases, it is one of the bigger reasons people end up drinking.

If the people didn't want songs about alcohol etc then singers wouldnt make those songs because it wouldnt earn them any money. If the people change what they want, then the singers will stop. Thats the only option, forcing singers to stop singing about alcohol is not logical.

Yes I have been in group situations where the majority of the group did drink and did do drugs, that's why I'm saying it. It is true, as I've experienced the pressure of it. Exactly, paji, peer group pressure.

Nobody's forcing them to stop singing them, they should have a mind of their own to know how they add to the problems. Come on, as you said they are only doing them for the money. But if the tables turn around on their kids, I bet you it'd be a different story then. And if the singers use their own brains and sing them less or stop singing them, then the youngsters won't have an excuse to listen to the next piece of junk, as there would be nothing new to listen to. That may also change their views of listening to something else, it's because they are so used to listening to that and nothing else.

Paji why are you so defensive of these singers singing Daru songs? I'm giving positivity to it by saying they should stop singing them, surely that would be a good thing wouldn't it ?

I've never heard a western/English song about a bottle famous grouse. And the patiala peg ones actually sound stupid, what a load of nonsense. And I think I've written patiala peg like 4times today ? No I don't drink ?

Yes I have been in group situations where the majority of the group did drink and did do drugs, that's why I'm saying it. It is true, as I've experienced the pressure of it. Exactly, paji, peer group pressure.

Nobody's forcing them to stop singing them, they should have a mind of their own to know how they add to the problems. Come on, as you said they are only doing them for the money. But if the tables turn around on their kids, I bet you it'd be a different story then. And if the singers use their own brains and sing them less or stop singing them, then the youngsters won't have an excuse to listen to the next piece of junk, as there would be nothing new to listen to. That may also change their views of listening to something else, it's because they are so used to listening to that and nothing else.

Paji why are you so defensive of these singers singing Daru songs? I'm giving positivity to it by saying they should stop singing them, surely that would be a good thing wouldn't it ?

I've never heard a western/English song about a bottle famous grouse. And the patiala peg ones actually sound stupid, what a load of nonsense. And I think I've written patiala peg like 4times today No I don't drink

Ok, perhaps I assumed you havent been around these crowds muchs, but I have spent my entire life in this lifestyle, and I don't know anyone who blames it upon singers.

My point is if the people didn't want to listen to songs about alcohol then they wouldnt! They didnt start singing those songs to trap sikhs, they started singing these songs because they realized these songs will sell the most. I don't think it'll make a different the current punjabi singers stop, someone will just take their place because it is what the people want. We act like the people of Punjab are poor peopled being led on leashes, but they're not nearly as innocent as we think. You think they sing and corrupt, I think we demand and allow them to sing these songs.

Ok, perhaps I assumed you havent been around these crowds muchs, but I have spent my entire life in this lifestyle, and I don't know anyone who blames it upon singers.

My point is if the people didn't want to listen to songs about alcohol then they wouldnt! They didnt start singing those songs to trap sikhs, they started singing these songs because they realized these songs will sell the most. I don't think it'll make a different the current punjabi singers stop, someone will just take their place because it is what the people want. We act like the people of Punjab are poor peopled being led on leashes, but they're not nearly as innocent as we think. You think they sing and corrupt, I think we demand and allow them to sing these songs.

Paji I used to think the singers didn't contribute to the problem, but now as I'm seeing more and more youngsters in Punjab, turning to drink and drugs I've realised that they do have a part. Hanji i understand what you are saying, neither am I saying they sing them to trap the youngsters but if you see the youngsters of Punjab compared to here Uk, there is a big difference in thinking and level of awareness of alcohol, drugs, etc. I don't feel sorry for Punjab youngsters, I see there minds work in different ways to abroad youngsters, no offence but it does, not innocence but more chusti, and majority, they don't really engage in much else but all these songs of la la laaa, sad songs, drinking songs, they follow the singers passionately, but unfortunately for the wrong reasons. I'm not saying singers don't do good songs, I listen to those myself. I hope you get what I mean.

There are good youngsters, but the majority are being swayed by being 'modern' as you would say.

You are right in what you say too. I'm not arguing with you. But I'm also giving my views the other side of it too.

It works both ways paji, demand and supply both to blame.

That's all I'm saying now, fed up of patiala peg. My last post regarding this, sorry but it's draining. Lol I may sound like a moaning old lady, cheooow meoooww but I have to say what I see.

I also think the singers should promote drugs and alcohol awareness more too. It would be a good idea coming from them as that's who youngsters listen to and will have more of an effect. They should do some songs on that too.

Simran ,

less awareness of those things I think the youth are very aware of those things; need to switch their minds to dharmic soch,positive soch which will improve the Punjab.

I mean that know how to score highs from Iodex and bread I knew about gluesniffing and lighter fluid sniffing but this is a totally different level. Veer ji we know how powerful Music is , we use Naad to create rang for Gurbani, and I think now is a good time to strike while the iron is hot and denounce all those who waited how many weeks to show any humdardi to Sikhs ?? even Gurdas Maan former singer nawa Dhongi baba brought out a satkar vid ...man I had to hold onto my cool for that hypocritical piece.