Sign in to follow this  
bdemon

Veganism

wjkk wjkf

why arnt more sikhs vegan? I know a lot are vegetarians but the dairy indistry is just as bad if not worse than the meat industy? the process of milk production is messed up, even organic milk is a business and a scam, why do we contribute to a industry that rapes murders and slaughters innocent beings?

love to hear everyones views on this

Wjkk Wjkf

• Like 2

Guest Jacfsing2

wjkk wjkf

why arnt more sikhs vegan? I know a lot are vegetarians but the dairy indistry is just as bad if not worse than the meat industy? the process of milk production is messed up, even organic milk is a business and a scam, why do we contribute to a industry that rapes murders and slaughters innocent beings?

love to hear everyones views on this

Wjkk Wjkf

Karah Prasad requires dairy. Veganism requires no product made by an animal; and according to vegans butter, (which is required in Karah Prasad), is NEVER VEGAN. http://vegetarian.about.com/od/vegetarianfaqs/fl/Is-butter-vegan.htm

Karah Prasad requires dairy. Veganism requires no product made by an animal; and according to vegans butter, (which is required in Karah Prasad), is NEVER VEGAN. http://vegetarian.about.com/od/vegetarianfaqs/fl/Is-butter-vegan.htm

could alternatives like vegan.butter or soy milk not been used given the current exploitative practises this industry uses? it would be acceptable if gurdwaras have their own cows or buffulos i guess like jugraj singh suggests

Guest Jacfsing2

could alternatives like vegan.butter or soy milk not been used given the current exploitative practises this industry uses? it would be acceptable if gurdwaras have their own cows or buffulos i guess like jugraj singh suggests

The requirement for Karah Prasad is butter, (vegan butter isn't real butter), for something to be vegan nothing that comes from an animal can be used, so the Jugraj Singh idea doesn't fit the veganism ideal. We could still have our own cows and buffalos, but we have other problems as a Panth at the moment. (If you want the least abuse I'd recommend organic butter).

Guest Jacfsing2

I'm vegan Amritdhari, and when I tell my family (who is Punjabi) the truths about the western dairy industry they tell me that they don't care because apparently Sri Guru Sahib ji never banned dairy+they think dairy is the reason why they are 'strong' lol... Most of the older (western) generation Indians will simply not understand, if we tell them that they are supporting a rapist/slaughter industry by buying their goods, even then they don't really care. & by being vegan, one may argue that it is impossible to be totally vegan, but if we are vegan with what we control to the maximum, that is all that really matters since dharm is no competition.

What replacement do you put in Karah Prasad for butter?

the fact of the matter is, times have changed and the milk industry has become a business, which means that cows are exploited to provide milk and chocolate, and i wasnt really question karah parshad, im talking about when they hand out quality save chocolates or cha in gurdwaras, thats what im against because its so unnecessary but the implications of doing so are so bad, how can we justify a cow being raped every year and then it gives birth and the baby calf is ripped away and killed right after birth because the humans want the milk from the cow and the calf isnt efficient.

Also its not like milk and chocolate are good for us anyway

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

There is no room for changing ingredients of Karah Parshad. It is a recipe as relayed by Guru Sahib.

I mean why not just start using Sweet N Low for preparation of Amrit?

• Like 2

There is no room for changing ingredients of Karah Parshad. It is a recipe as relayed by Guru Sahib.

I mean why not just start using Sweet N Low for preparation of Amrit?

The recipe was already changed when we started using milk from cows of exploitation rather than ethicaly sourced milk ie. our own cows

Could you provide the Rehatnama that outlined non exploited cow milk and the milk must be ethically sourced aka. our own cows?

Guest Jacfsing2

The recipe was already changed when we started using milk from cows of exploitation rather than ethicaly sourced milk ie. our own cows

Is there a maryada of such a sort?

the fact of the matter is, times have changed and the milk industry has become a business, which means that cows are exploited to provide milk and chocolate, and i wasnt really question karah parshad, im talking about when they hand out quality save chocolates or cha in gurdwaras, thats what im against because its so unnecessary but the implications of doing so are so bad, how can we justify a cow being raped every year and then it gives birth and the baby calf is ripped away and killed right after birth because the humans want the milk from the cow and the calf isnt efficient.

Also its not like milk and chocolate are good for us anyway

WJKK WJKF

Mate, why don't you go back to India first and go and sort out all them hungry cows left on the streets roaming around eating rubbish and then turn your enthusiasm on all the stray dogs what continuously get kicked and told to get lost while they look for left overs to eat.

Then we can talk about veganism.

Sikhs do not need to be vegan. There is no spiritual benefit or gain. Just eat healthy within a balanced diet of meat/fish veg and dairy to be fit, be smart and able bodied to fight. Compassion within all food groups a big must!

Simple.

WJKK WJKF

Mate, why don't you go back to India first and go and sort out all them hungry cows left on the streets roaming around eating rubbish and then turn your enthusiasm on all the stray dogs what continuously get kicked and told to get lost while they look for left overs to eat.

Then we can talk about veganism.

Sikhs do not need to be vegan. There is no spiritual benefit or gain. Just eat healthy within a balanced diet of meat/fish veg and dairy to be fit, be smart and able bodied to fight. Compassion within all food groups a big must!

Simple.

Lol do u know the implications of eating meat and fish and dairy?

There is a spiritual benifit, how can u find inner peace if your consuming torture and rape?

a balanced diet is bs, 14 out of the 15 major killers of humans is related to eating meat, so meat is not healthy and the world health organisation says meat is a carcinogenic, its ranked amonst ciggerates in terms of how bad it is for you. the reason you do not know this is because the meat industry is bigger than the oil industry, countrieis go to war for oil so imagine how brainwashed we are when it coms to meat.

Guru gave us the hukan of feeding the world when he said degh tegh fateh, do you know how inefficient the meat industry is? it takes 300 galleons of water and 20 kilos of grain to create on hamburger, meanwhile theres kids in africa and india who have no water or food to eat, they feed cows soy to get them big for the meat industry where we could have fed that soy to humans and ended world hunger.

And dont get me started on fish, They say

the way were fishing there are going to be fishless seas by the year 2048, this is not a conspiracy, its happening now.

Think of this on a practical level, This is the beauty of sikhi, Guru gave us an ethics based religion, we have to see whats happening to the world around us and how we can help, by Going vegan ur literally saving the planet. the meat industry causes 3x more global warming than the whole of the transport industry combined, think about that.

I think we need to talk about veganism before its too late to talk about anything else

Wjkk Wjkf

• Like 2

Could you provide the Rehatnama that outlined non exploited cow milk and the milk must be ethically sourced aka. our own cows?

Guru talks about raw milk a lot in bani and organic milk

Guest Jacfsing2

Lol do u know the implications of eating meat and fish and dairy?

There is a spiritual benifit, how can u find inner peace if your consuming torture and rape?

a balanced diet is bs, 14 out of the 15 major killers of humans is related to eating meat, so meat is not healthy and the world health organisation says meat is a carcinogenic, its ranked amonst ciggerates in terms of how bad it is for you. the reason you do not know this is because the meat industry is bigger than the oil industry, countrieis go to war for oil so imagine how brainwashed we are when it coms to meat.

Guru gave us the hukan of feeding the world when he said degh tegh fateh, do you know how inefficient the meat industry is? it takes 300 galleons of water and 20 kilos of grain to create on hamburger, meanwhile theres kids in africa and india who have no water or food to eat, they feed cows soy to get them big for the meat industry where we could have fed that soy to humans and ended world hunger.

And dont get me started on fish, They say

the way were fishing there are going to be fishless seas by the year 2048, this is not a conspiracy, its happening now.

Think of this on a practical level, This is the beauty of sikhi, Guru gave us an ethics based religion, we have to see whats happening to the world around us and how we can help, by Going vegan ur literally saving the planet. the meat industry causes 3x more global warming than the whole of the transport industry combined, think about that.

I think we need to talk about veganism before its too late to talk about anything else

Wjkk Wjkf

I strongly oppose changing any of the Karah Prassad recipe even if we could live for 100 extra years. The Maryada is the Maryada! (Is your only goal really to promote veganism, when as a Panth we clearly have bigger problems?)