post ratings

genie

Can the ratings be changed to show who rated our posts like the other forum before upgrade, that was pretty useful feature.  And also this ratings system is allowing anonymous negative ratings which isnt good for forum participation.

9 hours ago, Singh559 said:

I think it's a good thing. Forces people who care about an imaginary point system to make more quality posts.

I think some posts deserve to get down voted, especially if they're hateful and close minded so people reading know that they don't represent popular opinion.

Or it encourages the passive-aggressive dismissing of what might be a valid opinion by tainting it as unpopular by people unable to formulate a coherent counter-argument due to it threatening their blinkered outlook on life.

14 hours ago, Singh559 said:

I think it's a good thing. Forces people who care about an imaginary point system to make more quality posts.

I think some posts deserve to get down voted, especially if they're hateful and close minded so people reading know that they don't represent popular opinion.

Still stuck on popularity contests?  

I believe we should be able to see who is clicking the rating button.  It will give a better understanding of who is doing it and why based on their previous post.  Say for example a trump supporter is having a trump moment on this site.  We know not to care and let him get off on his self destructive ways.  If it's a well respected poster who stands by Gurbani.  Then the person can acknowledge it and ask why and maybe even learn from it.  Maybe there was a misunderstanding on the readers part.  It can be a helpful tool.  Right now it's a keyboard warriors way of getting back at posters they don't like anonymously.