Be a Sikh of Dhann Dhann Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj only

singhbj singh

8 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

आसा ॥

Āsā.

Aasaa:

बोलै सेख फरीदु पिआरे अलह लगे ॥

Bolai Sekẖ Farīḏ pi▫āre alah lage.

Says Shaykh Fareed, O my dear friend, attach yourself to the Lord.

इहु तनु होसी खाक निमाणी गोर घरे ॥१॥

Ih ṯan hosī kẖāk nimāṇī gor gẖare. ||1||

This body shall turn to dust, and its home shall be a neglected graveyard. ||1||

आजु मिलावा सेख फरीद टाकिम कूंजड़ीआ मनहु मचिंदड़ीआ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Āj milāvā Sekẖ Farīḏ tākim kūnjaṛī▫ā manhu macẖinḏ▫ṛī▫ā. ||1|| rahā▫o.

You can meet the Lord today, O Shaykh Fareed, if you restrain your bird-like desires which keep your mind in turmoil. ||1||Pause||

जे जाणा मरि जाईऐ घुमि न आईऐ ॥

Je jāṇā mar jā▫ī▫ai gẖum na ā▫ī▫ai.

If I had known that I was to die, and not return again,

झूठी दुनीआ लगि न आपु वञाईऐ ॥२॥

Jẖūṯẖī ḏunī▫ā lag na āp vañā▫ī▫ai. ||2||

I would not have ruined myself by clinging to the world of falsehood. ||2||

बोलीऐ सचु धरमु झूठु न बोलीऐ ॥

Bolī▫ai sacẖ ḏẖaram jẖūṯẖ na bolī▫ai.

So speak the Truth, in righteousness, and do not speak falsehood.

जो गुरु दसै वाट मुरीदा जोलीऐ ॥३॥

Jo gur ḏasai vāt murīḏā jolī▫ai. ||3||

The disciple ought to travel the route, pointed out by the Guru. ||3||

छैल लंघंदे पारि गोरी मनु धीरिआ ॥

Cẖẖail langẖanḏe pār gorī man ḏẖīri▫ā.

Seeing the youths being carried across, the hearts of the beautiful young soul-brides are encouraged.

कंचन वंने पासे कलवति चीरिआ ॥४॥

Kancẖan vanne pāse kalvaṯ cẖīri▫ā. ||4||

Those who side with the glitter of gold, are cut down with a saw. ||4||

सेख हैयाती जगि न कोई थिरु रहिआ ॥

Sekẖ haiyāṯī jag na ko▫ī thir rahi▫ā.

O Shaykh, no one's life is permanent in this world.

जिसु आसणि हम बैठे केते बैसि गइआ ॥५॥

Jis āsaṇ ham baiṯẖe keṯe bais ga▫i▫ā. ||5||

That seat, upon which we now sit - many others sat on it and have since departed. ||5||

कतिक कूंजां चेति डउ सावणि बिजुलीआं ॥

Kaṯik kūʼnjāʼn cẖeṯ da▫o sāvaṇ bijulī▫āʼn.

As the swallows appear in the month of Katik, forest fires in the month of Chayt, and lightning in Saawan,

सीआले सोहंदीआं पिर गलि बाहड़ीआं ॥६॥

Sī▫āle sohanḏī▫āʼn pir gal bāhṛī▫āʼn. ||6||

and as the bride's arms adorn her husband's neck in winter;||6||

चले चलणहार विचारा लेइ मनो ॥

Cẖale cẖalaṇhār vicẖārā le▫e mano.

Just so, the transitory human bodies pass away. Reflect upon this in your mind.

गंढेदिआं छिअ माह तुड़ंदिआ हिकु खिनो ॥७॥

Gandẖeḏi▫āʼn cẖẖi▫a māh ṯuṛanḏi▫ā hik kẖino. ||7||

It takes six months to form the body, but it breaks in an instant. ||7||

जिमी पुछै असमान फरीदा खेवट किंनि गए ॥

Jimī pucẖẖai asmān Farīḏā kẖevat kinn ga▫e.

O Fareed, the earth asks the sky, "Where have the boatmen gone?

जालण गोरां नालि उलामे जीअ सहे ॥८॥२॥

Jālaṇ gorāʼn nāl ulāme jī▫a sahe. ||8||2||

Some have been cremated, and some lie in their graves; their souls are suffering rebukes. ||8||2||

back_t.jpg   home_t.jpg   next_t.jpg  

© SriGranth.org, a Sri Guru Granth Sahib resource, all rights reserved. 
See Ackno

Dan Dan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

3 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

The above is the full shabad from SGGS 488.

If you read the whole of it and take the particular line 

That seat, upon which we now sit - many others sat on it and have since departed. ||5||

You will then understand that the seat being referred to is the worldly seat. It is true that when any of the mahapurash come to the world, they occupy a seat which had already been occupied by someone else. The seat which once Guru Nanak Dev ji occupied was passed on to Guru Angad Dev ji and so on.

However this does not mean that Guru Nank Dev Ji does not have any seat any more as per your translation or understanding of the line.

Nothing in this world stays --- even when the Gurus came they had to depart. This is what we are being made to understand. Whoever comes will go. 

However there is a seat in heaven which is never lost - for all these mahapurash.

Bro if you don't believe that Guru Sahib is still present then you're forgetting that all the Guru were the same. Guru Nanak became Guru Angad and so on..now the Guru is Guru Granth Sahib Ji in the form of Shabad Guru, Guru Granth Shaib Ji is Guru Nanak Dev Ji and vice versa, transfer of GuruGaddi=same light. However Mahapurkh are still present here on this earth, Guru Gobind Singh Ji still walks this earth. They aren't in Heaven, they are in Sach Khand, where they become one with the Lord. So by default ever present here too. Your quote is about normal human being with little to zero spiritual, Mahapurkhs are different. If you read the final line of that Shabad it's apparent its about humans since it talks about those souls "suffering". 

ਜਾਲਣ ਗੋਰਾਂ ਨਾਲਿ ਉਲਾਮੇ ਜੀਅ ਸਹੇ ॥੮॥੨॥ जालण गोरां नालि उलामे जीअ सहे ॥८॥२॥ Jālaṇ gorāʼn nāl ulāme jī▫a sahe. ||8||2|| Some have been cremated, and some lie in their graves; their souls are suffering rebukes. ||8||2||

How on earth would a Mahapurkh be suffering in any form or shape?

2 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

What about the Bhagats disciples? Daas doesn't really think or believe the followers of Ravidas or Kabir or any of the 15 Bhagats disciples will grow spiritually much, we can learn from Mahapurukhs; however, even Mahapurukhs think of Vaheguru differently from each other; which is why if they don't connect us to Vaheguru, but rather themselves it won't help much.

Bhagat are a completely different case. In most cases their followers usually ended up corrupting the teachings or completely missing the overall message (Bhagat Namdev is a prime example of this). the Mahapurkhs who learned from Guru Sahib themselves are keys to salvations. Every Mahapurkh thinks of the same lord but they describe him slightly differently. For some he's in the form of Kaal, the supreme destroyer and so on.

Read Sukhmani Sahib, it explicitly states that through the company of Saints one reaches salvation, that Brahmgyanis never die. 

17 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Your quote is about normal human being with little to zero spiritual,

Since you have worked out that the whole shabad is on normal humans beings and not mahapurakhs...... 

asan actually means place.... and not seat. Hence the line actually just refers to the physical place which is occupied on earth.

That seat, upon which we now sit - many others sat on it and have since departed. ||5|

Just now, sikhni777 said:

Since you have worked out that the whole shabad is on normal humans beings and not mahapurakhs...... 

This means that in no way has the writer of the original script made a mistake as according to your original understanding you state that 

On 23/08/2016 at 4:47 AM, Thanatos said:

Bro saying that regardless of someone's Avasta they will come and go or even came and now went , is extremely disrespectful.

2 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

asan actually means place.... and not seat. Hence the line actually just refers to the physical place which is occupied on earth.

That seat, upon which we now sit - many others sat on it and have since departed. ||5|

Bro, they don't occupy a physical seat, Guru Nanak Dev Ji didn't sit on a King throne and rule a massive kingdom. He ruled the world without sitting on a sovereign throne, by your logic I guess further down when it states these people who depart suffer is applicable to Mahapurkhs? are you saying that Mahapurkhs suffer? The Asan mentioned there is regarding our places, i.e you and I, the seats we occupy as brothers,sisters,fathers,mothers,any career we take. Brahmgyani's only occupation is Naam and no one else can occupy that place except them.

The writer clearly pulled something up without understanding the full context of it. Please read Astapadhi 7 and 8 and then tell me how any of it is applicable to a Mahapurkh or Brahmgyani. You said they have a seat in heaven, yet that's completely false as they reside in Sach Khand which isn't akin to Heaven at all, its far beyond that.

Asan means place, the term for seat can very easily be bettan.

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਤਾ ਬੈਠਣੁ ਪਾਵਉ ॥
साधसंगि ता बैठणु पावउ ॥
Sāḏẖsang ṯā baiṯẖaṇ pāva▫o.
I have obtained a seat in the Saadh Sangat.

IN this context its place.

Please tell me how in that Shabad this applies to Mahapurkh?

ਜਾਲਣ ਗੋਰਾਂ ਨਾਲਿ ਉਲਾਮੇ ਜੀਅ ਸਹੇ ॥੮॥੨॥ जालण गोरां नालि उलामे जीअ सहे ॥८॥२॥ Jālaṇ gorāʼn nāl ulāme jī▫a sahe. ||8||2|| Some have been cremated, and some lie in their graves; their souls are suffering rebukes. ||8||2||

Are you saying they suffer and get dragged by Yamdhoots? 

Seeking the company of Saints is how ordinary people achieve the lord. 

ਕਬਹੂ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਇਹੁ ਪਾਵੈ ॥ कबहू साधसंगति इहु पावै ॥ Kabhū sāḏẖsangaṯ ih pāvai. Sometimes, this being attains the Company of the Holy.
ਉਸੁ ਅਸਥਾਨ ਤੇ ਬਹੁਰਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ॥ उसु असथान ते बहुरि न आवै ॥ Us asthān ṯe bahur na āvai. From that place, he does not have to come back again.
ਅੰਤਰਿ ਹੋਇ ਗਿਆਨ ਪਰਗਾਸੁ ॥ अंतरि होइ गिआन परगासु ॥ Anṯar ho▫e gi▫ān pargās. The light of spiritual wisdom dawns within.
ਉਸੁ ਅਸਥਾਨ ਕਾ ਨਹੀ ਬਿਨਾਸੁ ॥ उसु असथान का नही बिनासु ॥ Us asthān kā nahī binās. That place does not perish.

The Physical Place where Saints reside will not perish too. 

Jacfsing you are being disrespectful to Bhagat Sahibaan's which is Extremely Wrong.

Even in Sri Harmandar Sahib Amritsar at Amrit Vela, Bhagats come first & do Bhagati then later Guru Sahibs jeeo's saroop arrives.

Some Bhagat Sahibaan's came in human form before Guru Nanak Dev ji.

Guru ji had utmost respect for them & divine Bani that's why Bhagat Bani is placed besides Gur Bani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib jeeo Maharaaj.

Guest Jacfsing2
2 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Jacfsing you are being disrespectful to Bhagat Sahibaan's which is Extremely Wrong.

Even in Sri Harmandar Sahib Amritsar at Amrit Vela, Bhagats come first & do Bhagati then later Guru Sahibs jeeo's saroop arrives.

Some Bhagat Sahibaan's came in human form before Guru Nanak Dev ji.

Guru ji had utmost respect for them & divine Bani that's why Bhagat Bani is placed besides Gur Bani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib jeeo Maharaaj.

Daas highly doubts you have anything known of what was said, Daas isn't talking about the Bhagats, but rather the Bhagats followers, this includes Ravidasia and Kabirpanthis, if you have a comprehension problem that's on you, as Daas hasn't done any insult towards the Bhagats what so ever. 

Guest Jacfsing2
15 hours ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh ji

How can you say something like this..? To say this about bhagats which have only been teaching Gurmat is such a thing which will lead to pashtava. To say this about true followers of Bhagats is such a mistake! Look at Meera Bai, or even some of our Bhagats who have been Bhagats of other Bhagats. Anything positive will happen if someone has a Satguru. Look at the keyword I used, 'true' if someone is a true follower then this works.

What would you guys say about the Ravidassia and Kabirpanthis?

2 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

What would you guys say about the Ravidassia and Kabirpanthis?

Unless you are planning a massive campaign to rescue them from the clutches of hell, I would not bother going into the topic. 

It is important to note that everyone is at a different spiritual level and so they take birth accordingly. Therefore, Guru maharaj Ji tells us hum nahi change bura nahi koi.

One day we will all reach our destination - which is one for all - the ultimate union with the Supreme.

Judging others is a weakness which we need to look into. sabh te jane apas ko mandha. 

Guru Nanak Dev Ji himself asks to be the slave of the slaves of the slaves of God. We should pray for such humility at all times. Judging others is a waste of time. That is the job given to dharam raaj... not to humans.

दासु दास दास को करीअहु जन नानक हरि सरणई ॥४॥२॥१२४॥

Ḏās ḏās ḏās ko karī▫ahu jan Nānak har sarṇa▫ī. ||4||2||124||

Please, make me the slave of the slave of Your slaves; servant Nanak seeks the Lord's Sanctuary. ||4||2||124||