tying pugree tutorial

Mkhalsa

Balwinder singh ji,

don't worry about a dastaar being anti-gurmat...this notion of anti-gurmat dastaars is ridiculous....i don't think guru ji would have anything against pink pokadot, patiala style, dumalla...it's all dastar....

we can look at all the mahapurshes and gurmukhs that have existed...and one can easily notice that they weren't the same dastaar..

I don't think we are talking about different style of dastars but rather the way in which it is tied. When you guys talk about something do not jump onto conclusions in one step but instead think about it. That dastar tutorial involved putting the dastar in your mouth and then tying it. Dastar is just just a piece of cloth which you tie over your head for the sake of it. IT'S YOUR CROWN! Your dastar is something for which ur forefathers gave their lives for, for which they got chopped into small pieces so the sanity of your dastar has to be perserved. Can you ever think about carrying Guru Sahib's saroop on a dastar which has your saliva on it? And furthermore, that tutorial didn't include the most important step in tying your dastar: "Paggh Chunn Ke Bhandae."

If something is contrary to Gurmat lifestyle which involves following Gurmat tat maryada then wouldn't you consider it anti-gurmat?

If we look at guru jis (10th nanak) dastarr
Jeeeee,

where have you seen a picture of guru sahibs dastar? if you are talking about the paintings we see today, they are all fake. They are made up in some artists imaginations.

The truth is, most historical scholars agree that guru gobind singh sahib jee had a damalla that was at least 18" tall with 7 chakars on it and many other shastars. It was definitely blue as well. This fits well with nihang maryada.

Guru sahib, and many rehatnamas support this, said to tie an UCHEE dastar, a high, tall dastar, so it can be seen, not a small dastar the size of a topee. even in banee it says, "Mai Gur Mil uch damalaRa" - after meeting the true guru, or seeing him, I have started tying a tall nihang style damalla.

Mkhalsa veer ji stated dotted dastar to be anti-gurmat in the first post.

heres my reasoning for this veer jee: common sense.

what are multi colored dots usually used for in the west? by the way, these are western fabrics as I don't think polka dots are native to punjab. Multi colored dots are almost always associated with clowns, circuses, sometimes animals, etc..

did guru sahib want us

to look like clowns or like saint soldiers? this is my reasoning. if we were meant to look like clowns, then wearing a polka dotted dastar is 100% gurmat, as this is what such dots are associated with. If we were meant to be sant sipahi, then polka dots are anti gurmat.

and read what soggs jee said about that style of tying dastar and jhoot.