Sign in to follow this  
Guest NewDad

Help with finding Baby names for letter R and S

Guest NewDad

With Vaheguru's kirpa we were blessed with twin girls. We are looking for Sikh names for letter R and S. Hoping someone with greater knowledge can help with suggestions and what those names mean. Been trying to find a full english translation of the Mahan Kosh but only one I have been able to find are missing volume 4. Thanks!

VJKK VJKF

Congratulations on the birth of your twins. 

Ramleen One absorbed in god
Rampreet

In love with god

Ratandeep Precious like god's lamp
Roopjot Beauteous light

Rasgun
Elixir of righteousness, Lamp of the elixir, Elixir of patience and peace
Satkiran A ray of truth
Simrat/Simrit/Simrita Meditate, remember

Sehaj - Patience, State of peace and balance, Tranquility

Sukhmani Brings peace to the mind

• Like 1

Oh sorry Guest New Dad, I wasn't sure why you put Mahan Kosh after the letters.  I thought that was a different question.  

Rameiya Kaur  

Roop Kaur

Ramnam Kaur

Ranjit Kaur  (har madaan Fateh!)

Sahib Kaur

Satnam Kaur

Sat Kaur

SatKiran Kaur

Sada Kaur

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Preeet said:

Ramandeep is a nice name which gives blessings of a son if you name a daughter that.

How did you come to this conclusion ? 

jkvlondon jee has given a good selection.

Just one suggestion. Try to avoid deep, preet, inder, jeet ending names.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Preeet said:

I have a sister named Ramandeep and right after her my brother was born. Every Ramandeep I know has a younger brother unless that Ramandeep is the youngest child. I've talked about this with other people and they agree that Ramandeeps that they know of all have brothers.

coincidence shouldn't lead to superstition... that is  not how  sikhi works

• Like 2

Just now, Preeet said:

is it called superstition if there is living proof kaur ji?

the only ramandeeps I know have sisters and are eldest or second eldest...if I said what you said in reverse I would be foolish ... HUkham is what gave birth of sons in those families that's it, nothing to do with names

• Like 1

Rehmat and Ratanaam are nice names. 

11 minutes ago, Preeet said:

I have a sister named Ramandeep and right after her my brother was born. Every Ramandeep I know has a younger brother unless that Ramandeep is the youngest child. I've talked about this with other people and they agree that Ramandeeps that they know of all have brothers.

Hmm I see that's quite a calculated conclusion ?. But unfortunately it's a random result too.  

The name Ramandeep does not guarantee that the next child is going to be a boy. As Jkvlondon penji says it's got nothing to do with Sikhi and superstitious thinking. 

Names do not scan the gender of a child. Obviously if it's the youngest child that has that name, there is not another one. Fitte muh ?

8 minutes ago, Preeet said:

is it called superstition if there is living proof kaur ji?

Yes, superstition from coincidence. This is the funniest thing you've ever wrote Preet lol. 

1 minute ago, simran345 said:

Rehmat and Ratanaam are nice names. 

Hmm I see that's quite a calculated conclusion ?. But unfortunately it's a random result too.  

The name Ramandeep does not guarantee that the next child is going to be a boy. As Jkvlondon penji says it's got nothing to do with Sikhi and superstitious thinking. 

Names do not scan the gender of a child. Obviously if it's the youngest child that has that name, there is not another one. Fitte muh ?

simran kisse da muh nahin fitkarna ... kamai vadounia aa katouni nahin ...

• Like 1