Sas Mohan Singh on sikh channel tonight

Hammertime007

9 hours ago, mrggg123 said:

your an a****** its people like you in the west london community who didnt help this lady for so many years... you got some nerve. Where was the gudwara committee for this lady? They dont mind taking ££££ for anand karajs tho. They could have prevented this 20 years ago if real singhs knew about this... 

I hope that chippy still isnt open? Whats it called? 

People have been making noise about such things for 20+ years -  up and down the country. 

In my opinion, the vast majority of our own people made a conscious decision to turn a blind eye towards it. 

I would suggest people read Easy Meat by Peter McLoughlin  ...especially those born post 1980 as they may not realise the length an breadth of this.

For those choosing to laugh rather than taking the true point that this will affect All people  with relationships with female grow up and wake up otherwise you will be crying in the future

31 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

the hindu girls are conspicuous in their absence so far . I'm sure they are also being done but historically hindus are known to mentally kill off their children when it suits .

It isn't even worth saying that: the majority of our own lot doing this very thing for decades is what caused this issue to be such a big one in our community.

You and I are both old enough to know that it was our own 'bhangra scene' in the 80s that offered apneean on a plate to groomers and abusers. 

And most of our people ignored the issue until very recently, when a few die hards finally forced it to be centre of attraction, esp. on the back of the emergence of so many gorian being similarly abused being all over the mainstream media. 

56 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

It isn't even worth saying that: the majority of our own lot doing this very thing for decades is what caused this issue to be such a big one in our community.

You and I are both old enough to know that it was our own 'bhangra scene' in the 80s that offered apneean on a plate to groomers and abusers. 

And most of our people ignored the issue until very recently, when a few die hards finally forced it to be centre of attraction, esp. on the back of the emergence of so many gorian being similarly abused being all over the mainstream media. 

well although the author is aware of earlier abuse he is quite right when he says that MSM never reported it until 2010 although since 1988 it was well known by social workers police and councils . He also points out that the largest contingent of new converts are women and girls ...the ravages of balle balle have even reached the new plaza in Amritsar ...with stupid statues of dheean/giddan and Bhangra  instead of Baba Deep Singh ji , Akali fauj, or even Sukha SIngh and Metab SIngh ji who have the honour of defending that Harmandir Sahib .

I hate the whole brainless attitude of our bibian who think drinking like a bloke or acting like a guy is the epitome of a successful woman .  

25 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I hate the whole brainless attitude of our bibian who think drinking like a bloke or acting like a guy is the epitome of a successful woman .  

I think inbetween the absence of strong relatable, female models to emulate because of a generation/culture gap; mixed with our own get drunk and barn-dance rural culture that developed and blew up in the 80s; itself mixed with the then 'feminist' emerging indigenous 'ladette culture' of not being any less than the lads - it's no shock a lot of apneean do this.

Plus lets be frank, many girls and guys feel that getting 'off your head' is fun. The indigenous do it all the time.  Male and female. 

What you're really pointing out is how, right now, our interpretation of our own culture/societal norms isn't really strong enough to survive contact with other cultures and values without being compromised (usually very easily). Plus our own people's blatant love of partying, intoxication etc. plays a part.

These days I feel that there aren't enough positive, balanced and relatable female role models for Sikh girls. It's all well and good pulling out Mai Bhago etc. etc. but I feel for the everyday kuri, growing up in a multicultural diaspora, with a mixture of high academic expectations and social conservatism, the girls are missing something that makes them get into dumb situations. 

1 minute ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think inbetween the absence of strong relatable, female models to emulate because of a generation/culture gap; mixed with our own get drunk and and barn-dance rural culture that developed and blew up in the 80s; itself mixed with the then 'feminist' emerging indigenous 'ladette culture' of not being any less than the lads - it's no shock a lot of apneean do this.

Plus lets be frank, many girls and guys feel that getting 'off your head' is fun. The indigenous do it all the time.  Male and female. 

What you're really pointing out is how, right now, our interpretation of our own culture/societal norms isn't really strong enough to survive contact with other cultures and values without being compromised (usually very easily). Plus our own people's blatant love of partying, intoxication etc. plays a part.

These days I feel that there aren't enough positive, balanced and relatable female role models for Sikh girls. It's all well and good pulling out Mai Bhago etc. etc. but I feel for the everyday kuri, growing up in a multicultural diaspora, with a mixture of high academic expectations and social conservatism, the girls are missing something that makes them get into dumb situations. 

Thing is what we lacked in the eighties , the kids now have younger positive local gursikh people who speak like them and can act like mentors/big sis /big bro . Loads of on-line places to get knowledge, phoneline and societies who will support and help . We need to get the deep true history out because all the average jatinder or amarjit knows is back in the day there was bad guys but now there is no need to worry that was then and  cos Guru ji says everyone is the same we can trust everyone. 

Parents especially Dads need to be positive and involved in their girl's lives , maybe taking them to sports classes, martial arts and encouraging their skills so the girls/boys  see their dads are approving of them . Parents need to lose the ho-hai! attitude and deal in truth with the kids , give their no doubts that they will heard, loved and protected no matter what. I mean I could tell my folks the truth because I know they would hurt but still care enough about me to have my back. My own kids know no matter how bad things get they can come back and tell me .

Boys also need attention else they fall through the cracks and get into drugs, boozing and misusing girls. They too can get abused so don't be complacent