To all canadians - best place to move to?

Guest JSS

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i live in Toronto....and i love it....

BUT...ever since i first went to Vancouver for a samagam, i fell in love with that place...

so i'd vote for vancouver....it's such a beautiful place....and people are soo nice...well thte ones that i met...haha....

i guess for jobs aspect....probably Toronto would be more practical, but i'm sure Vancouver has a good job market...

maybe our vancouver bros and sisters can comment on that..

Where is best for sangat, community, education, jobs, housing, travel links, and generall hanging out with other sikhs?

I am personally from Toronto and have travelled to Vancouver numerous times to visit family there.

The sangat in both cities is the same. You'll find a large concentrated population of Sikhs in most areas, so which city has the most is certainly not an issue.

Both Ontario and British Columbia have post secondary schools. One of my best friends is from B.C., and decided to come to school here. Another good friend's sister is studying in B.C., so which province has the best post secondary education is not a big issue either.. I think it may also depend on what you want to study. If you're talking about secondary education (ie highschool), then it doesn't matter where you go :wub:

As for jobs, like JSS said the job market in B.C. is not very strong. I think you're bound to find more opportunities in Toronto. With respect to housing, it's VERY expensive in British Columbia, depending on what place you have in mind. A house facing the mountains will have higher prices as opposed to a house that's facing the other way in the same residential ar

ea, that's how crazy it is there.

Travel links? I'm not sure what you mean. You can fly anywhere from Vancouver or Toronto, as they are major hubs for Canadian airlines as well as international carriers.

Both cities are great!

My only problem with B.C. is the bad Punjabi's.

In terms of weather, B.C. beats Toronto.

- Sunny

khalsapreet...mai tenu kutdanaa.....

wanting to move to calgary?...

what about the mountains?...the OCEAN?.....

calgary's nice...but vancouver is beautiful......what really should happen is ...

all the calgary and toronto and edmonton (didn't forget about you guys) should just pick up and move to vancouver

My only problem with B.C. is the bad Punjabi's.

i'm not canadian but i been to vancouver loads of times. and the above is so true.

you walk down the street and punjabi guys who are driving will clearly look at you properly as they drive by. its like their faces all turn towards you like they ain't never seen a girl in their life. LOL.gif

the other thing is, lots of youth there are getting into drugs. i got cousins in vancouver who are into this and their parents don't even know. :wub:

lastly, the punjabiz are so alcoholic. i got alcoholics in the family in vancouver. they love the liqour shops, gotta live close to one. if they move to new house, they make sure liquor shop is close by-->walking distance. but thats juz my family (=bad sangat.)

but drugs are all over place, liquor is everywhere, those kinds of punjabi guys are everywhere---except i never experienced nothing like that in california---. And vancouver is beautiful place, prob thats why their license plates say "Beautiful British Columbia".

well actually my desire to move to calgary has nothing to do with vancouver really

it's just a selfish interest

i love the martindale gurdwara and the sangat there that's all

haha..

but for the record:

in my humble opinion, Vancouver is the best physical place for a Gursikh to live in the world.

of course realistically the true Gursikhs live in the sehaj-ghar begampura sachkhand of Guru Nanak, that's their home, wherever they are physically.

right now though i'm tempted to move to calgary..

a lot quieter than vancouver and there's no provincial sales tax ... hehe...

lol..I fell in love with Calgary also! Everything is cheaper there and it is pretty chilled out!

But California is an awesome place too. The sangat in the bay area is great, job opportunities are great and it's nice and warm! woohoo!