WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Pyaaray Khalsa Ji

id like to share an AMAZING story...of AMRIT.....its helped me a lot

-------

I went to India in 2000 and we visited family there and one of our distant relatives...some Uncle Ji...we went to their house. He was Amritdhari...well so i thought. I remember seeing him before on prior visits to India and he always wore a Sri Sahib and had a dastar. The whole family was Amritdhari. But this time when we went in 2000, i noticed he wasnt wearing his Sri Sahib. Other than that, he looked the same.

I found out that he had broken his Amrit. He had committed a bujjer kurehit. He had a drink of shraab (beer) one day as he was tempted and couldn't resist. He used to drink a long time ago, but i guess those desires returned.

side note: Sant Giani Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale in one of their speeches said that after RECEIVING the gift of AMRIT...it is an unbelievable sin to drink alcohol. It is such an insult to Kalgidhar Pita SatGuru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj. Sant Ji said that if somebody who had taken AMRIT and then drank alcohol, that person deserved to have gas spilled on them and then being burnt alive. That is the equivalence of the crime.

Sant Ji said its that bad of a deed to drink alcohol after AMRIT. Consuming an intoxicant after being blessed with AMRIT is such an insult and is degrading to the importance and significance of AMRIT.

back to the story, so my Uncle Ji had broken his Amrit after he drank alcohol. I was really shocked to see all of this. I stayed quiet. My Taya Ji was with us from Canada too and they were going to Takhat Sri Hazur Sahib

. He asked my Uncle (alcohol guy) if he wanted to come along. He had never been to Takhat Sri Hazur Sahib so he agreed.

There is a train that goes from Sri Amritsar Sahib to Takhat Sach Khand Sri Hazur Sahib. The name of the train is the SACH KHAND express. My taya ji and the alcohol uncle boarded that train. On the way they talked and my Taya Ji, who is Amritdhari talked to my alchohol uncle and explained to him the severity of his mistake of drinking and breaking AMRIT. the alcohol uncle felt bad now and realized his mistake.

My taya ji explained how we need GURU SAHIB to guide us to AKAAL PURKH.

GURPARSAD: with the BLESSING of the TRUE GURU, one can realize AKAAL PURKH.

Because we can die any second, we must be the GURU's SIKH and stay within REHIT and remain as the responsibility of Kalgidhar Pita SatGuru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj as they will take us to Sach Khand.

back to the story, as my taya ji and uncle ji reached Takhat Sri Hazur Sahib, they had darshan of GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI and the sevadars at the Takhat notified the Sangat that the next day at AMRITVELA there will be an AMRIT SANCHAR and that anybody who wanted to become the Sikh of GURU SAHIB should give their name.

My taya ji convinced my alcohol uncle to give his name and get Pesh from the PANJ. So they woke up Amritvela and got ready. My Taya Ji went into the Darbar at Amritvela while my alcohol uncle went to the other room where they had the Amrit Sanchar. My taya ji was waiting anxiously and was excited.

HERES WHAT HAPPENED in the AMRIT SANCHAR:

as you all know the ones who are to get Pesh must speak with the Panj before the AMRIT ceremony starts. and the whole Sangat can hear what mistake the person confesses about that way they feel ashamed in a way and wont make the same mistake again.

Before my uncle could speak with the Panj, he realized he DIDNT have a kara. I guess he had taken it off after breaking the AMRIT. He asked somebody f

or a kara but all the sevadars that were providing the kakkars had left already and there were no karay. Fortunately, another Singh was wearing 2 karay and gladly gave one of his karay to my uncle. he was relieved.

then my uncle ji confessed his mistake to the Panj and everybody receiving AMRIT that day heard it. then he was told to sit down as he would have to take Amrit again.

the person who had given his kara to my uncle was soooo furious over what he had heard. he couldnt BELIEVE that my uncle had drank alcohol after receiving AMRIT. so the person took his kara back and said i cannot give it to you....you insulted GURU JI and why didnt your kara remind you it was WRONG when you picked up the alcohol. you insulted the power of the kara and GURU JI's AMRIT.

my uncle felt soooo ashamed. the AMRIT ceremony had not started yet and others were still speaking with PANJ. and from what i know....my uncle was soo ashamed and disappointed that he left the room. (i guess the Paredar let him out as its ones own choice if they want to take Amrit or not)

so my uncle left the Amrit Sanchar. when my taya ji spoke to him....he was expecting PYAAR and JOY....but instead got disappointment and sadness.

after hearing the whole story, my taya ji was saddened. he said its upsetting that my uncle had left the Amrit Sanchar.

my alcohol uncle said "oh well...ill take it again when we go back to Punjab"

HERES THE TURNING POINT JEEO:

when they returned to Punjab, my taya ji came back to Canada as his visit of india was finished and my alcohol uncle got CANCER!!

after getting cancer he got physically weaker by the day and stayed in bed. a few months later, he DIED in his bed.

Sat Sangat Jio, my alcohol uncle died WITHOUT receiving AMRIT. He died without being the GURSIKH of the true KING SATGURU GOBIND SINGH JI MAHARAJ.

he died and look how CLOSE he came to receiving AMRIT. he needed a kara. IF he had kept his kara

originally then we wouldnt have needed a kara from the other person and could have quietly received AMRIT again. but because he had taken off his kara and didnt respect it when he DRANK alcohol, he paid the price.

he left his world as a normal person....not as a Sikh of the GURU.

the same way a university student can drop out of school, a "Sikh" can drop out of the KHALSA. but the difference is the GURU JI is soo perfect they never kick anybody out. We quit ourselves. The GURU JI is sooo great that they always accept you as long as you realize your mistake. Their arms are always open ready to take us in.

So make yourself the child of that perfect GURU.

------

this is a true story Sat Sangat Jio, reminding us that death is always near. Take action while you still can.

i apologize for any mistakes. sorry if i said anything wrong or offended somebody or said too much. Waheguru.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Khalsa JI-....Thank u for sharing such an encouraging post.

Khalsa Ji listening to Guru Ji's Divine Words and moving towards Sikhi..connecting to Guru Maharaj..AND..then inspiring our younger brothers and sisters to move towards Guru Ji is our only ESSENTIAL OBJECTIVE IN LIFE...!!

Once we've taken Amrit...don't take it for granted....thats only the entry...

Bhulla chuka maaf

Sabh da Rakha Waheguru

That is an amazing story. Perhaps Guru Maharaj did that on purpose, it was all in Hukam, to show people that Amrit isn't a joke.

Lots of people today are not too serious with Amrit, and lots of people break their Amrit but are not punished for it. It's quite sad. Khandey Kee Pahul is sooo keemati.

It would be very inspirational if other people on this forum could post messages about their Amrit Sanchaars or when they took Amrit - even describing how Amrit changed their life or helped them. This would provide inspiration to the Sangat. OR if anyone has stories about the Panj Pyare, anything as such, please post!

P.S. This could help this thread stay up longer, which is good, as it will be read by more people.

Someone please post something inspirational, about the Panj Pyare or about Amrit ^_^ ( tongue.gif : )

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

if the Sangat wants, i can share some more great stories and Sakhis about the topic of death. i have heard some in Katha and read some in books.

i would also like to request the Sangat to share some stories regarding death. and how it can help our Sikhi.

bhul chuk maaf karo Ji

Guest KirtanLover

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

pray.gif please please please share and continue this seva Jujharoo veer jee.....

^_^^_^^_^

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Guru Pyaaray Khalsa Ji

daas was listening to Katha of Sant Giani Kartar Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale and they told this Sakhi and I would like to share it with the Sangat.

---------------------

During the time of our 6th Guru Sahib, Dhan SatGuru HarGobind Sahib Maharaj Suchay Patshaa Ji, there was a Sikh who was not very much of a Gurmukh.

When diwans would happen the Sikh would show up, Matha tek and leave. He looked like a Sikh cause he wore bana & a dastar, but he did not practice Sikhi. He didn't do Simran, Nitnem, Seva, Bani, Kirtan, nothing. He didnt do anything. He would just come to the Gurdwara Sahib, matha tek then eat langar and go home.

GURU HARGOBIND SAHIB MAHARAJ JI was ANTARJAMI (knows everything) so Maharaj was observing this Sikh and seeing if his habits and behaviour improved at all. Over a few weeks, Maharaj saw NO change in the Sikh.

So after that, one day MAHARAJ decided to call the Sikh. Even though the Sikh wasn't really practicing Sikhi, he still had the utmost respect for MAHARAJ. (how could you not?!)

So the Sikh went up to Maharaj and said "Hanji Suchay Patshaa Ji." Maharaj said "I have something important to tell you, you will die within 7 days."

After hearing the Bachan of Maharaj, the Sikh got shocked. He didn't doubt Maharaj's bachan at all and went straight home.

Over the next couple of days, the behaviour and habits of the Sikh changed BIGTIME. He started waking up at early Amrit Vela, did Nitnem and more Banis, did Seva at the Gurdwara, became a nicer person to his family and others and he did SWAAS SWAAS SIMRAN

because all he could think about was death.

Over a couple of days, the JEEVAN of this Sikh changed dramatically. All you would hear from his mouth was BANI and WAHEGURU. He did endless Seva at the Gurdwara Sahib. He became a lot nicer to others....his PYAAR for everything and everybody increased. All of this because he knew that his TIME was almost up...he was going to die in 7 days.

As the 7th day came, the Jeevan of the Sikh got even better....he slept less, ate less and devoted much more time to BANI, SIMRAN & SEVA. After the 7th day ended, the Sikh got confused....because he didn't die!! He was really surprised cause MAHARAJ told him 7 days !!

Everybody knows GURU'S BACHAN are always true and so this Sikh was confused cause he didnt die after 7 days. So he decided to go to Maharaj and ask them.

When MAHARAJ saw the Sikh coming, they could see the change in the avastha and jeevan of the GurSikh. His face was glowing with Naam. His body was committed to seva. His mind was at ease. Maharaj was quite pleased to see the change in the Sikh.

Before the Sikh could speak, Maharaj said "So you have come! How have you been for the last 7 days?" The Sikh became emotional and uttered "Through YOUR KIRPA, MAHARAJ, i have changed for the better. I now read Bani, do Simran, do Seva and I enjoy it soo much. I fear that I didn't do enough as my time is near."

Then the Sikh asked Maharaj, "but Maharaj, tusee said that i will die in 7 days, and today is the 8th day, your bachan did not come true, what happened Ji ?"

Maharaj spoke, "but it is true, the bachan is true." After hearing this, the Sikh got a little bit confused. Then Maharaj clarified things by saying, "I had told you that you will die WITHIN 7 days, I did not mean you have 7 more days to live, I meant you will die WITHIN the 7 days of the week. (monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday, sunday). We do not know how much time AKAL PURKH has gi

ven us on this earth. We will all die one day, and that of course will be one of the 7 days of the week, we just dont know which one! Therefore, yes you WILL die within the 7 days of the week"

Maharaj told the Sikh, "I told you this, so that you will realize that death is always sooo close and that would hopefully result in you practicing Sikhi."

The Sikh was overwhelmed and Matha Teked to MAHARAJ in appreciation.

---------------------------------------

Pyaaray Sat Sangat Jio, our PANTH's history is sooo beautiful, from the Pyaar & Love to the Justice & Shaheedi. We can benefit soo much by reading history and Sakhis. We can learn soo much from the Sakhis.

This Sakhi reminds us how close death is. If we were to die tomorrow, what would we do?? If we were smart, we'd go to the Gurdwara Sahib and do Simran and Seva. Act while you can GurSikho!

We are all going to die....we just dont know when.

-----------------------

while sharing this Sakhi...i KNOW i made several mistakes, i dont think i could explain it very thoroughly, so please forgive this moorakh. I beg for Sumath. bhul chuk maaf kario Jee. _/\_

-----------

All that matters-----> WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU...