Can a sikh girl marry a hindu boy ?

Guest paiyyani

On 10/08/2017 at 3:10 PM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

Followthelight, can I please give you some friendly advice ?

Next time, when you feel the urge to reply to a new thread, have a really good read of the message you're replying to. Read it well - really analyse it. Spot the signs that reveal that the poster is not who she or she says they are. Spot how the poster starts by pretending to be someone from India - calls her own family 'sikh sardar' when no actual Sikh describes themselves that way (only Hindus do) - deliberately misspells simple English words in order to show that they are a "Sikh from India" but then in subsequent sentences forgets what they were pretending to do and articulates difficult English sentences in perfect English. Starts by constructing English sentences really badly but then sometimes forgets the plan and mistakingly constructs English sentences beautifully. And then, right at the end, the Hindu boy pretending to be a Sikh girl couldn't resist his natural temptation to call Hindu boys "good looking" when both you and me know that nobody (except Hindus)  in the entire history of the universe has ever called a Hindu boy "good looking".

All I'm saying is try and be a little more alert. Learn how to read between the lines.

My brain hurts reading this. I will try be more alert next time hahaha

4 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

While its tempting to lash out at her as irresponsible nd shallow, or ridicule her as i m seeing in the posts above, i can somehow also relate to wat she's going through 

Lets face it, most of our saabat surat guys are hairy. Even those who tend to trim their beards to be more visually appealing, are still lagging behind monay hindu/muslim boys, who on the "visually appealing" scale tend to trump sikh guys. 

And since op is in full joban of her youth, it is but natural that she will fall for the handsome dude rather than some baaba looking material for marriage 

I myself rarely feel attracted to sardar men. Its always the monay groomed guys that ace when it comes to sexuality nd romanticism. 

I m not saying sardars aren't good looking. They can be, but tbh the way current definition of looks is defined in bollywood nd India in general, our men tend to get the shorter end of the stick. 

One can argue we should avoid moh maya because ultimately every handsome dude will get ugly with age. Its guaranteed but i doubt op can avoid maya so easily 

This posts is not an anecdote i feel. It raises several questions we as community need to address. 

This is my take on this post. Best of luck op

this 'she' is a He and one who is non-sikh as many have twigged . 

All I read is that you had been conditioned to reject your own much like the myriad sikh girls who watch bollywood/Hindian dramas - have you never noticed that any sikh character NEVER marries or has love affair with a sikh except biopics made in Punjab ?

The sikh girl's always fall for a muslim (straight up insult to our people) or a Hindu and rejects the sardar to go with her heart .the sikh guy also singh is king is an example , even they had Sardar falling for a muslimah and then doing kesh di beadbhi and conversion to muslim for the girl ... This is straight up cultural assasination and people like you are falling for it 

You won't fall for a sardar because you know the likelihood of him being gay is miniscule , and you've been conditioned to like  hairless manscaped bodiesbelonging to emasculated men/boys like the girls which seriously speaks to the paedophilic agenda in Media and Entertainment industries, similarly hetero guys are taught to like hairless, childlike girls  it is seriously creepy . What else could you understand the infamous 'Brasilian' represents?

you honestly don't think those bollywood and hollywood guys would be hairy as gorillas without all that waxing and lasering? Wake up and see how you are being manipulated

Guest Jacfsing2
6 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

While its tempting to lash out at her as irresponsible nd shallow, or ridicule her as i m seeing in the posts above, i can somehow also relate to wat she's going through 

Lets face it, most of our saabat surat guys are hairy. Even those who tend to trim their beards to be more visually appealing, are still lagging behind monay hindu/muslim boys, who on the "visually appealing" scale tend to trump sikh guys. 

And since op is in full joban of her youth, it is but natural that she will fall for the handsome dude rather than some baaba looking material for marriage 

I myself rarely feel attracted to sardar men. Its always the monay groomed guys that ace when it comes to sexuality nd romanticism. 

I m not saying sardars aren't good looking. They can be, but tbh the way current definition of looks is defined in bollywood nd India in general, our men tend to get the shorter end of the stick. 

One can argue we should avoid moh maya because ultimately every handsome dude will get ugly with age. Its guaranteed but i doubt op can avoid maya so easily 

This posts is not an anecdote i feel. It raises several questions we as community need to address. 

This is my take on this post. Best of luck op

You may have not noticed by now, but O.P. isn't looking for genuine advice, but rather is trying to troll us, (though it would make since for some people to be confused). Now I highly doubt that this is even a women posting this, especially since as because it's pretty rare for Amritdhari parents to just give-up, (from what I've seen).

About your situation, men manscaping has never been a popular concept, the ones who do manscape have usually had some confidence issues, removing chest hair, leg hair, and arm hair have never been popular for men in any scenario with the exception of some celebrities. You aren't attracted to Sardars, (also no Sikh refers to themselves as Sardars), because you know that they aren't gay, and even if they were gay, they would love their Guru more than their personal fetishes.

If you are talking about pure appearance, then every group as attractive people and less attractive people. But what I will say is that anyone who is wearing a religious object openly will not as likely appeal to outsiders, (compare this to any religion not just Sikhs). Now Bollywood and Hollywood don't control who's good-looking and who's not, your either attractive to someone personally or your not, so don't make that excuse. 

Again you are assuming O.P. is genuine, a person who's genuine will at least mention all the extra emotional b.s. of their crush, over just saying their appearance.

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

You won't fall for a sardar because you know the likelihood of him being gay is miniscule , and you've been conditioned to like  hairless manscaped bodiesbelonging to emasculated men/boys like the girls which seriously speaks to the paedophilic agenda in Media and Entertainment industries, similarly hetero guys are taught to like hairless, childlike girls  it is seriously creepy . What else could you understand the infamous 'Brasilian' represents?

Some people naturally grow much less hair than everyone else.

People here are in so much of denial . I know of atleast 4 "sardars" who're gay and I am not even a very social person. We just have the same proportion of them as any other community. Better to live in bitter reality than sweet falsehood.

The image that all sikh men are absolutely macho is a false one that has ironically been to our detriment .We like to live in a la la land and then we land ourselves in a mess . Sometimes even our enemies turn the buttons accordinly because they know we like praises even if shallow.

I will be very honest , I had a crush on one of my sardar professors. Ironically he was a saabat soorat sikh who kept open beard and was married and is now a father of a son. I was so madly in crush with him, I even decided to open up to my infatuation for him on last day when I gave him a chocolate. But now I think, fortunately it was better I didn't open out to him, though I did tell him few years later that I am what I am . He sympathized.  I only fell for him because of his looks and attitude. Don't get me wrong. Most sardars maybe hairy , but some of them are handsome too. And I also know of hindu women marrying sardars. I attended wedding of a marathi woman marrying a sabat soorat sikh. So it goes both ways , though I think sikh girls marrying outside maybe more common.

TBH, no one likes skinny or clean shaven men. "Stubble" is the key word. Broad shoulders, broad well built back , musculature is what attracts all people to men. If there was some propaganda as you guys would like us to believe, then none of us would be attracted to masculine men. Being overtly hair is not same as being manly BTW.  No disrespect intended to sardar jis . I myself am one btw. 

10 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

People here are in so much of denial . I know of atleast 4 "sardars" who're gay and I am not even a very social person. We just have the same proportion of them as any other community. Better to live in bitter reality than sweet falsehood.

The image that all sikh men are absolutely macho is a false one that has ironically been to our detriment .We like to live in a la la land and then we land ourselves in a mess . Sometimes even our enemies turn the buttons accordinly because they know we like praises even if shallow.

I will be very honest , I had a crush on one of my sardar professors. Ironically he was a saabat soorat sikh who kept open beard and was married and is now a father of a son. I was so madly in crush with him, I even decided to open up to my infatuation for him on last day when I gave him a chocolate. But now I think, fortunately it was better I didn't open out to him, though I did tell him few years later that I am what I am . He sympathized.  I only fell for him because of his looks and attitude. Don't get me wrong. Most sardars maybe hairy , but some of them are handsome too. And I also know of hindu women marrying sardars. I attended wedding of a marathi woman marrying a sabat soorat sikh. So it goes both ways , though I think sikh girls marrying outside maybe more common.

TBH, no one likes skinny or clean shaven men. "Stubble" is the key word. Broad shoulders, broad well built back , musculature is what attracts all people to men. If there was some propaganda as you guys would like us to believe, then none of us would be attracted to masculine men. Being overtly hair is not same as being manly BTW.  No disrespect intended to sardar jis . I myself am one btw. 

Guru sahib gave you a hukam after you asked for one.  Here it is:

I got ang 637 

ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੩ ਘਰੁ ੧ ਤਿਤੁਕੀ 
Sorat'h, Third Mehl, First House, Ti-Tukas: 

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ  
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru: 

ਭਗਤਾ ਦੀ ਸਦਾ ਤੂ ਰਖਦਾ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਧੁਰਿ ਤੂ ਰਖਦਾ ਆਇਆ  
You always preserve the honor of Your devotees, O Dear Lord; You have protected them from the very beginning of time. 

ਪ੍ਰਹਿਲਾਦ ਜਨ ਤੁਧੁ ਰਾਖਿ ਲਏ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਹਰਣਾਖਸੁ ਮਾਰਿ ਪਚਾਇਆ  
You protected Your servant Prahlaad, O Dear Lord, and annihilated Harnaakhash. 

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਾ ਨੋ ਪਰਤੀਤਿ ਹੈ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਭਰਮਿ ਭੁਲਾਇਆ ॥੧॥ 
The Gurmukhs place their faith in the Dear Lord, but the self-willed manmukhs are deluded by doubt. ||1|| 

ਹਰਿ ਜੀ ਏਹ ਤੇਰੀ ਵਡਿਆਈ  
O Dear Lord, this is Your Glory. 

ਭਗਤਾ ਕੀ ਪੈਜ ਰਖੁ ਤੂ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਭਗਤ ਤੇਰੀ ਸਰਣਾਈ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ  
You preserve the honor of Your devotees, O Lord Master; Your devotees seek Your Sanctuary. ||Pause|| 

However in this thread you are going on about your desires and clearly you want these lustful desires for men to be your main reason for existence.  Guru sahib gave you the way out of your desires and you choose not to listen or follow.  You make your bed of torment.

33 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

However in this thread you are going on about your desires and clearly you want these lustful desires for men to be your main reason for existence.  Guru sahib gave you the way out of your desires and you choose not to listen or follow.  You make your bed of torment.

I actually interpreted it as God saying "Don't worry fella. I will save you when the right time comes just as I saved prahlaad and bhagats" .

1 hour ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

you do realise you just contradicted what you said earlier about sardars . I didn't say gays don't exist but that the number who are sardar is a lot less either from feeling that it would be disrespectful to sikh roop or to allow more freedom from judgemental eyes , you would have better knowledge . Besides acting effeminate doesn't automatically mean that someone is gay just as  acting butch in a woman means she is a lesbian.