Sign in to follow this  

Akaali (Video)

8 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

How do they make it really pointy though.

Traffic cone.jpg

You get different sizes depending on your Chardi Kala status.

36 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Traffic cone.jpg

You get different sizes depending on your Chardi Kala status.

They really put that in their dastar?

What is it called those things?

2 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

They really put that in their dastar?

What is it called those things?

Today, either my sarcasm detector has badly malfunctioned, or you are deadly serious.

I canny tell with you youngsters.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Today, either my sarcasm detector has badly malfunctioned, or you are deadly serious.

I canny tell with you youngsters.

You seriously think I will believe you if you say they put parking cones in their dumalla?

You ok bro?

Seriously:
I heard on wikipedia they put bamboo sticks but hey thats wikipedia and anyone can edit it, so they either put a shastar in there like the one Sant Jarnail Singh Ji held or wikipedia is serious.

4 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

You seriously think I will believe you if you say they put parking cones in their dumalla?

You ok bro?

My bad lol. Our brother NonExistant has confused me in recent days about the nature of sarcasm, so I'm now weary.

Lol btw. You never know bro, aaj kal some peeps could take it seriously.

Just now, MrDoaba said:

My bad lol. Our brother NonExistant has confused me in recent days about the nature of sarcasm, so I'm now weary.

Lol btw. You never know bro, aaj kal some peeps could take it seriously.

Nah nah they put a shastar in their dumalla. Some people say they put bamboo sticks, however I, along with actual Akaali's, would believe that it's a shastar as we carry panj shastars.

5 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

Seriously:
I heard on wikipedia they put bamboo sticks but hey thats wikipedia and anyone can edit it, so they either put a shastar in there like the one Sant Jarnail Singh Ji held or wikipedia is serious.

Well I went to an Akaali exhibition at a museum once, and they had a dastaar bunga in a glass display case, it looked solid. Either they had put something in it for the purpose of displaying it, or they really do put something in there (which could well be something conical in shape)

3 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

Nah nah they put a shastar in their dumalla. Some people say they put bamboo sticks, however I, along with actual Akaali's, would believe that it's a shastar as we carry panj shastars.

What kind of shastar, wouldn't that be dangerous?

Just now, MrDoaba said:

Well I went to an Akaali exhibition at a museum once, and they had a dastaar bunga in a glass display case, it looked solid. Either they had put something in it for the purpose of displaying it, or they really do put something in there (which could well be something conical in shape)

Ye I would think they would put something inside other than a shastar to save them money. (Shastars are more expensive than a parking block, you know ;) )

1 minute ago, MrDoaba said:

What kind of shastar, wouldn't that be dangerous?

I think they put something soft under it, like maybe when they tie the bun with their keski they probably put it on the soft part.

And they didnt put the pointy part upside down.

12 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

Ye I would think they would put something inside other than a shastar to save them money. (Shastars are more expensive than a parking block, you know ;) )

Traffic cones could work well in theory!

11 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

I think they put something soft under it, like maybe when they tie the bun with their keski they probably put it on the soft part.

Well, if you tie a keski/bunga like Nihangs, and depending on the length of your kes and method of tying, I'm sure you could achieve the pointy look. Why don't you try it?

I'm not sure how bamboo or a shastar would work. One whack on your dastaar and it would go flying. No shock absorption.

I could be wrong.

And aren't panj shastar there ready to be used if need be? No use having it wrapped up inside.

Better yet, ask @Singh123456777 , he'll know.