I was challanged

Khalsa04

Today a collegue who is a muslim at work was having a discussion with me and challenged Sikhi. He was saying that only muslims are aloud in mecca and that Guru Nanak Dev Ji "went for hujj so....."

I told him that Baba ji went to spread the message of God and i even told him that Guru Ji moved the ka'baa to which he said how can the kaaba move? i do not have much knowledge about Sikhi and was not able to give him a reasonable answer so i said something about "we believe it but its up 2 u what you blv"

then he said something "stupid", he sed mecca is in the center of the earth. Then he said that all satellite dishes point towards mecca (east) because its the center, rah rah rah. i was lyke yea ok.

He tried to challenge grin.gif Kes. He said that Baba Nanak had a beard and turban, which is what muslims had before. I went BUT Baba Ji kept hair underneath their turban and they kept a beard because Sikhs believe that we should stay as God made us. Hes like but we keep beard but what about hair in the genetils and underarms, they are un hygenic and dirty. I responded feebly saying that we should wash every day.

He was proper trying to make Islam look good. What could i respond to him in regards to Sikhi? I know a lot about our religion but not much about our older history. Please Sangat ji help me and let me answer this man.

Im just a moorakh, please help me my older brothers and sisters

Fateh.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

:wub: lol! What a funny man.

To be honest, that person sounds sooo ignorant already, I really don't know if telling him anything is really gonna have an effect. Those are the people who like if you point to a red car and say "look a red car" they will be like "no its not. its blue" or something stupid like that.

Like come on... all satelites point to Mecca? LOL.gif I mean if Mecca was the center of the earth, it should be a little hotter, and a bit more lava too... lol (omg... lava... isn't that hell?)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

First of all ji, it is very nice that you are trying to grow you kesh (as said in ur other post). You have Guru ji's mehar, and that is all you need.

Secondly, about your muslim buddy......I have to warn you. What you are describing is exactly how their efforts to convert people start. They target people who seem like they do not know much about their religion, and will be easy "targets." BEWARE! Do not even argue with this person - did you know that some muslims believe that it is ok to kill somebody if they do not convert?

You do not have to compare points from Sikhi to Islam - we know our religion is great, and that is all we need. For your own knowledge, you definitely should read and find out...but do not argue - moorkhe naal na lujhiye. Just tell him that he needs to argue with other fools like him.

I have seen how this works, and my own cousin was converted to Islam...so it scares me to hear that this guy is trying to put Sikhi down. I have a rule - never discuss religion with a Muslim. So that is the whole point of my post.....if you need anything or have other questions, just let the sangat know - we are all here to help and learn.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest noonespecial

I agree with WALKINGTOWARDSTHELIGHT,

What good will it do to argue relegion with someone such as this man? Spare yourself the added stress and just worry about your own jeevan.

Fateh!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Im do not know much about Sikhi, but I can share what has been told to me.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was believed to be a Sufi by some. A Sufi at the time was someone who didnt follow any of the religions. Most of the Sufi's at the time were Muslims, but not all. This is one reason many people have the misconception that Guru Nanak Dev Ji was a Muslim. However, he was just "catagorized" with Sufi's. The difference with Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Sufi's however was that Guru Nanak Dev Ji just didnt..well not follow the other religions but had something so pure and true that when he told others about it, they followed him, believed him because he was right and our Religion was created. When it comes to Guru Ji doing Haaj, you should also remind them that Guru Ji was also visiting Sadhus (hindu sadhus) aswell. not just the Mecca.

With the Kaaba moving... we look at the moral of the story. Guru Ji wanted to show the guy that God was not located at one spot. It may be impossible for the Kaaba to move, although we know that if Guru ji wanted it to happen, it probably did. but to make people like ur friend understand you can say that, he made it so that this man "saw" it move, in his minds eye, he saw the Kaaba in every direction, in other words, his God's house in every direction. Therefore showing him that God is everywhere and that the direction of the Kaaba wasn't the thing they should be so hung up on. And the Mecca in the middle of the earth did he say? so whats the big deal? again, its not as if God is only in the middle of the earth. God is everywhere.

When it comes to hair in the genetils and

underarms, if they consider this unhygenic and dirty, then they are saying God made a mistake when creating humans. The wonderful thing about God is that he created everything for a reason. Every animal has a certain way of keeping clean, every part of the body has a purpose. Now did God make a mistake by putting hair in those places? Then the God that they praise is not perfect, if he made that mistake .... :T: hmmm..... We beleive God made no mistakes ^_^ and that the hair is put there for a purpose. Now they may bring up the point about nails, In todays world we dont work in an environment where our nails break by themselves, but when ur doing like outside work, or other chores, ur nails tend to break off naturally. U dont really need to cut them off. we do it now because our environment is such that not everyone gets their "hands dirty"

I hope this helps and I hope what I have shared with you is correct. If not pul chuk maaf. If i've made an error here please let me know.

Good luck with your friend.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!! pray.gif

Sat Sri Akal:

"He was saying that only muslims are aloud in mecca and that Guru Nanak Dev Ji "went for hujj so....."

What Guru Nanak Sahib Was Doing In Mecca

"He tried to challenge Kes. He said that Baba Nanak had a beard and turban, which is what muslims had before. I went BUT Baba Ji kept hair underneath their turban and they kept a beard because Sikhs believe that we should stay as God made us. Hes like but we keep beard but what about hair in the genetils and underarms, they are un hygenic and dirty. I responded feebly saying that we should wash every day. "

So did the Egyptians, the Jews, the Babylonians, the Turks, the Arabs, the Persians, the Afghans, the Indians, the Africans, the Christians... The Qua'ran goes into great length in praising the Almighty and its creation as most beautiful. Is this person trying to say that the Qua'ran is wrong and the Almighty designs faulty, unclean and unhygenic beings? Is that same Almighty imperfect? Also ask him why he is not wearing a turban, as the Prophet Muhammed instructed his male followers in the Hadith that those who follow Islam should wear turbans.

Guru Nanak was born in a Hindu family, so Hindus claim He was Hindu.

Guru Nanak went to Mecca, and so Muslims came it was Haj, therefore He was a Muslim.

Guru Nanak visited the north-eastern part of India, and now some Buddhists claim He was one of their Lama (i.e Dalai Lama).

Doesn't this make you feel proud? Everyone wants to claim the glory of Sikhi, the glory of Guru Nanak, and all they have to back up is bs. They can go on for ages but the truth is always unchanged.

Just stay away from this dude. In your concluding comments, say "The Quran was written after Muhammad Sahib but the Gurus wrote SGGS themselves. The Quran was revealed by an angel but Gurbani came direct from Akal Purkh. Their prophet was not educated but Gurujee knew tons of languages, science, politics and the art of war and weaponry, and what not!!" This should be enough to silence him.

The following Vaar explains clearly that Guru Ji was worshipped in Mecca and when He was about to leave qazis requested Him to leave something. So He left his "khraavs" which can be found in qazi's family today.

DrI inSwnI kOs dI mky AMdr pUj krweI]

dhharee nishaanee kaas dhee makae a(n)dhar pooj karaaee||

Wooden sandal (of Baba Nanak ) was kept as a memory and he was woshipped in Mecca.

ijQy jweI jgq ivc bwby bwJ n KwlI jweI]

jithhae jaaee jagath vich baabae baajh n khaalee jaaee||

Go anywhere in the world, you would not find a place bereft of the name of Baba Nanak.

Gr Gr bwbw pUjIey ihMdU muslmwn guAweI]

ghar ghar baabaa poojeeeae hi(n)dhoo musalamaan guaaee||

Without discrimination of Hindu or Muslim, in every house, the Baba is revered.

='font-family:GurbaniWebThick'>Cpy nWih CpwieAw ciVAw sUrj jg ruSnweI]

shhapae naa(n)hi shhapaaeiaa charriaa sooraj jag rushanaaee||

When the sun rises it cannot be covered and it lightens the whole world.

buikAw isMG aujwV ivc sb imrgwvl BMnI jweI]

bukiaa si(n)gh oujaarr vich sab miragaaval bha(n)nee jaaee||

When the lion roared in the jungle the flocks of deer ran away.

ciVHAw cMd n lukeI kF kunwlI joq CpweI]

charrihaaa cha(n)dh n lukee kadt kunaalee joth shhapaaee||

If someone wants to conceal moon by putting before it a platter, it cannot be hide.

augvxhu qy AwQvxhu nau KMf ipRQvI sB JukweI]

ougavanahu thae aathhavanahu no kha(n)dd prithhavee sabh jhukaaee||

From rising to setting directions i.e from east to west, all the nine divisions of earth bowed before Baba Nanak.

jg AMdr kudrq vrqweI ]óô]

jag a(n)dhar kudharath varathaaee ||aa||

He diffused his power in whole of the world.

Furthermore, a muslim fakir brought a choar sahib to Darbar Sahib in early 1900s. he made it with chandan wood. actually he made two and went to mecca. there he found out about Guru Nanak Dev Ji moving mecca so he brought one to Darbar Sahib where he received siropa. Choar Sahib is still there I think, not sure if it was destroyed in 84.

Prophet Muhammad himself spoke strongly in favor of the turban, as can be seen from the following hadiths (i.e. saying of Prophet Muhammad):

"The turban is a frontier between faith and unbelief."

"My community shall not fall away so long as they wear turban."

"At the day of the judgement, a man shall receive a light for each turn of the turban round his head."

"Wear turbans, for thus you will gain in generosity."

"Wear turbans and thus distinguish yourselves from the peoples who came before you."

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

WaheguruJi Ka Khalsa. WaheguruJi Ki Fateh!

KhalsaJi,

In today's world, just like in Nanak's time, few have understood the man. I believe that to understand Nanak is to become Nanak.

Baba Nanak was confronted in the same ways today's world confronts us about GuruJi. What we have in response is exactly what Baba Nanak had - Shabad. Shabad was His Guru and he succeeded in silencing those that had not understood their own religion, let alone tolerate another's.

In such cases as the original post mentions, there are still plently of such people who have neither studied what their religion is about and then set forth to question another's. This is the height of ignorance and arrogance.

Guru Nanak's message was so universal that He awakened the slumbering spirits of every soul that came across His path. No matter what faith they professed, Baba Nanak knew them inside out and spoke only that what was True. The rest was left to the listener's conclusion. GuruJi never involved Himself in arguments. He said what was Truth and moved on. Even when a certain village taunted, abused and ridiculed GuruJi, He still had wise words for them.

It is the approach of Guru Nanak that everyone wanted to lay claim on Him. The Muslims declared Him as their Pir and the Hindus tried to own Him as their Guru. Those who argue about Guru Nanak's spiritual belonging and religion have not even understood the man. If we cannot accept the very first utterance of GuruJi (Na Koi Hindu, Na Koi Mussalman), we will never understand His mission and who He was.

This is what Muslims and Hindus do not understand and they probably never will. Guru Nanak&

#39;s way was neither the Hindu one, not the Muslim one. His was of Truth. As simple as that. And those that followed the way of Nanak came to be know as Sikhs - a new religious people.

It is futile to claim who Nanak belonged to. Is Nirankaar (God) any one person or community's property? Not in any sense. It is absurd that people even make such feeble claims when they have scarcely studied the works and beliefs of the man. Nanak belonged to humanity. And when the mission and spirit of Nanak progressed from one body to another (through 9 successor Gurus) and finally rested in the Guru Granth Sahib did Nanak's message find its truest identity. Those that stuck to His Path and message are today's True Sikhs. This is what the adversaries cannot accept. I feel sorry for them they still haven't understood the humble Nanak, 500 years down the ages . . .

No one owns Nanak. Not even the Sikhs. Nanak belongs to all and it is the highest honour that Guru Nanak is the founder of the Sikh Panth. But in the end analysis, Nanak belongs to only those that have humbled themselves and paid heed to His teachings and Shabads. The rest can lay as much claim as they want, but they are only burning up their lives for nothing.

Dhan Mere Nanaka!

Dhan Mere Nanaka!

Dhan Mere Nanaka!

WaheguruJi Ka Khalsa. WaheguruJi Ki Fateh!

L*