Sikh detective or SikhHelpline

Guest metoo

Guest metoo

There are indications  (proof) of a  Sikh man in the UK who is involved in emotional, sexual grooming with women from India. There is sexual violence and abuse involved. I would like to make a report of this to a detective, or the Sikh Helpline to uncover this.  Is Karma Nirvana able to help?

Like other incidences of grooming, most of it is online and on the phone (whatsapp).  This is not revenge or anything of the like, like the guy who was grooming kids (it was up on facebook, of a Sikh guy talking to teenage girls), this is grooming of another kind.

On 4/27/2018 at 5:58 AM, Guest metoo said:

There are indications  (proof) of a  Sikh man in the UK who is involved in emotional, sexual grooming with women from India. There is sexual violence and abuse involved. I would like to make a report of this to a detective, or the Sikh Helpline to uncover this.  Is Karma Nirvana able to help?

Usually the term grooming is applied to gradually putting the notion into an underaged girl's mind that she would like to have a sexual relationship with a fully grown man.

In the case of a fully grown woman, that's not "grooming", it's dating!

Now, I agree that dating is not Gurmat, in fact I wrote a whole post about that here:

However, you can't "report" dating to the authorities. It's not illegal. What are you going to say? So-and-so is flirting with some woman? They'll laugh you out of the police station.

27 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Usually the term grooming is applied to gradually putting the notion into an underaged girl's mind that she would like to have a sexual relationship with a fully grown man.

In the case of a fully grown woman, that's not "grooming", it's dating!

Now, I agree that dating is not Gurmat, in fact I wrote a whole post about that here:

However, you can't "report" dating to the authorities. It's not illegal. What are you going to say? So-and-so is flirting with some woman? They'll laugh you out of the police station.

He precisely says there is sexual violence and abuse.  

On 4/26/2018 at 5:28 PM, Guest metoo said:

Like other incidences of grooming, most of it is online and on the phone (whatsapp).  This is not revenge or anything of the like, like the guy who was grooming kids (it was up on facebook, of a Sikh guy talking to teenage girls), this is grooming of another kind.

Report him to the police.

1 hour ago, Akalifauj said:

He precisely says there is sexual violence and abuse.  

Ah, yes, thanks for pointing that out.

If he raped somebody, then, yes call the police.

But if it's just "some man had sex with my sister", that's not something the police can do anything about.

Only the OP knows the exact situation, but I'm puzzled as to why OP would say "There are indications  (proof) of a  Sikh man in the UK who is involved in emotional, sexual grooming with women from India."

First of all, indications is far away from proof. If you have proof, you have proof. If you have indications, you then begin the process of finding proof, or falsifying the assumption.

Secondly, to speak of "emotional, sexual grooming" and then speak of sexual violence also seems puzzling. Did the man and the woman (women?) start a sexually charged long-distance relationship, and then the man proceeded to rape her? For most of these sexual long-distance relationship, the women are more than willing to give themselves up voluntarily, as can be seen in the Kiran Bala situation. No need to rape at all.

Now, granted, Kiran Bala is a fool, but we have many fools like her among us. 

There's also another type of fool among us: The one who starts a sexual flirtation, consumates with actual sex, then gets frightened at the consequences or someone finds out, and she yells, Rape! 

I hope this is not that.

Guest metoo

I have decided not to do anything at all due to the murky waters of culture.  Grooming as a phenomenon doesn't apply only to what is happening in UK but also happens in  other communities and countries (cult leaders etc). 

He gets the families involved, promises to marry the women and then goes on about his agenda, which at some point after the women have been emotionally isolated from their families and friends and groomed,  becomes sexual and then hitting ensues . Indians being Indians will never tell the whole story and there is shame. So he gets away with it.

Two consenting adults is ok, regardless of whether it is Sikh like or not, the law says otherwise. It is how he goes about obtaining the consent which is the issue and what happens after.

Serious problems within the Punjabi community which is why I disengage.