why do most hindus have a condescending feeling towards sikhs and sikhism ?

Often I hear like "your roots are hindu" , "you're only 500 yrs old, we're 5000 yrs old" , "we're a much older civilization" or something along those lines .

They often feel pride on their primordial origins . I am really sick of hearing same arguments 

7 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Often I hear like "your roots are hindu" , "you're only 500 yrs old, we're 5000 yrs old" , "we're a much older civilization" or something along those lines .

They often feel pride on their primordial origins . I am really sick of hearing same arguments 

funny thing is the keep on harping about being the oldest religion , which simply is not true as Aboriginal faiths are older , also Babylonian seems to be older . Granted they may have the oldest written scriptures but despite all that knowledge and so called advanced tech of yesteryears why couldn't they lift all their society out of hardship by now . When any foreigners praise Guru Nank Dev ji;s langar they chirp up with Hindu temples also do langar 24/7 ...what they mean a handful of ancient temples do bhandar distribution and in a discriminating way which is not what langar is about .  We too allow everyone in our temples ...for free?  of course (this is after a NZ gora complained about being ripped off at mandhirs and temples, if not a direct demand for donation to view then overcharging for saman to offer but contrasts it with the open freely giving mentality of the sikh gurdwara) .

Honestly it's just envy that despite being so numerous and 'elder' they cannot command love and respect as much as these troublemaking sewa minded sikhs who love all equally

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
15 hours ago, puzzled said:

I have never heard a hindu say this where I live  

whether its my misfortune or just where i stay , many of those who I encountered had this rss/sangh parivar mentality in them . 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
10 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

funny thing is the keep on harping about being the oldest religion , which simply is not true as Aboriginal faiths are older , also Babylonian seems to be older . Granted they may have the oldest written scriptures but despite all that knowledge and so called advanced tech of yesteryears why couldn't they lift all their society out of hardship by now . When any foreigners praise Guru Nank Dev ji;s langar they chirp up with Hindu temples also do langar 24/7 ...what they mean a handful of ancient temples do bhandar distribution and in a discriminating way which is not what langar is about .  We too allow everyone in our temples ...for free?  of course (this is after a NZ gora complained about being ripped off at mandhirs and temples, if not a direct demand for donation to view then overcharging for saman to offer but contrasts it with the open freely giving mentality of the sikh gurdwara) .

Honestly it's just envy that despite being so numerous and 'elder' they cannot command love and respect as much as these troublemaking sewa minded sikhs who love all equally

although I believe we shouldn't do too much of bravado in front of them by talks. Lets work on the community i believe . Coming back tp present day , punjab is on fast track to become biharistan and I already heard from multiple punjabis that immigrant bhaiyyas do a lot of posturing when you would expect them to be more haleema in others state.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
11 hours ago, MahadrasSingh said:

Only time I see this is online, in fact most Hindus either are intimidated by us or praise us. Only the rss/bjp wale seem to pull this kind of behudagi. They might pull the "Sikhi is a branch of Hinduism" buts thats about it.

I have been called worse though . Anyways I don't wanna go in details 

11 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

whether its my misfortune or just where i stay , many of those who I encountered had this rss/sangh parivar mentality in them . 

Gujaratis see themselves as distinctive from other Indians they  recognise punjabis are different from them. Like any other indian cultural they do see their culture as superior.  This Gujarati girl at work stopped talking to me for 2 weeks because I told her I eat beef lol.  The thing with gujaratis is that their religion and culture is the same thing,        dandiya dance, bindi, mata rani, navratri etc is there culture and religion. Gujaratis dont actually care about punjabis or what we do. But this is from my experience in the uk. The gujaratis iv met know nothing about 1984   they've never heard of sant ji 

23 hours ago, MahadrasSingh said:

Yeah especially the Tamils. Hey maybe we could use the divisions of India to our advantage. Help get the Tamils to revolt, maybe get West Bengal too as they have a rising muslim population, maybe Kerala as well as they have dalits revolting against stingent Castism

Assam would be ripe as GOI is getting ready to make 4 million stateless