why India romanticizes the Mughals?

puzzled

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

My request to all sikhs is this :

Stop living in the medieval past. Wake up and smell the coffee of 21st century , where hindus DO have their temporal affairs independently sorted out now, but it is we people who -- forget our political independence for a while, but even our religious independence is being robbed slowly. 

Hindu temples are not in danger now, our religious places are . I would not be happy to see hindu idols in Harmandar sahib once again (as it happened when udasis controlled it) and a hybrid race of hindu-sikhs (as rss has openly declared as their dream) . 

If you think I am exaggerating and fear-mongering, don't forget ganesh pooja is already the norm amongst sikhs. Its only a matter of time before these "sikhs" form a different political ideology and push for hindu idols inside the gurdwaras. 

Humiliation of Khalsa at the hands of Brahminism will be more brutal this time . I tell you ! unless we mend our ways. 

And last but not the least, Thank god for the Abrahamic cults in india who're a plague and nuisance on the hindutva fanatics and help keep them at bay from sikhs. Because once muslims and christians are done, its the sikhs next who will have to be dispensed to create the Hindu rashtra, the ultimate goal of RSS

18 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

You have a unhealthy and skewed understanding of history.. 

Sikh heritage is and has been destroyed by Sikhs! No one else can be blamed.. 

Enlighten me then ...

Yeah i know Sikh heritage has been destroyed by Sikhs, mostly in the name of "kar seva"  But whatever remains is going to disappear soon 

18 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Why do you club hindus with sikhs ? 

What the f**k is wrong with ppl in this forum that they're like "hindus and sikhs" vs muslims ?

Are hindus your friggin friends or what ? 

can't you see slow brainwashing of our girls at the hands of indian media and how they're slowly pushing hindu rituals onto our faces. The rakhi is old now, the latest is ganesh pooja being conducted in sikh homes. 

Keep your dhoti and janeu ready beta ! thats what your kids gonna wear if this continues 

I live in the UK and British media here doesn't promote Ganesh pooja 

On 9/13/2018 at 10:17 PM, puzzled said:

Same thing is going on in Punjab, Mughal heritage has been restored while Sikh and Hindu heritage is in ruins 

Here are images of a sarai in Jalandhar constructed under the orders of Nur Jehan the wife of Jehangir. The Sarai has been restored by the government of India and is a protected monument.

Image result for nurmahal sarai

Related image

another Mughal Sarai which has been restored and repaired by the government

Related image

While on the other hand this is the sad state of Maharaja Ranjit Singh's palace in Amritsar

Related image

800px-Interior_designing_of_summer_palace_of_Ranjit_Singh%2C_the_founder_Sikh_Empire%2C_Amritsar.jpg

800px-Interior_design_of_summer_palace_of_Ranjit_Singh%2C_the_founder_Sikh_Empire%2C_Amritsar.jpg

and here is the state of Todar Mals haveli, Todar mal the person who sold his haveli so he could lay out gold coins on the ground as the Mughal governor said that only the area that covers the ground with gold coins will be given to the Sikhs to cremate the bodies of mata Gujri and sahibzade Zorawar Singh and Fateh Singh. In order to cover enough surface area on the ground with gold coins Todar Mal sold his haveli. Today this is the state of his Haveli

Related image

Even in Punjab the heritage of the Mughals has been restored and preserved while our own heritage is in ruins 

You have a slightly ignorant view of heritage preservation.. The sarai comes under the responsibility of the federal government whilst the palaces you mention do not.. If they did they would probably be looked after much better 

22 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

What remains? 

Though most of it has been destroyed(I'm thinking of doing a post on that) there is still some mostly from the Sikh empire period that still remains. Much of Amritsar was developed during the Sikh empire and old Amritsar is full of old havelis, gurdwareh and other structures

Here is a image of a baradari constructed by Guru Angad Dev ji at Khadur sahib, isn't that amazing ...  plus according to the article its been repaired as well 

Image result for guru angad dev ji baradari

20 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Enlighten you to what? You appear to agree with me ?

well you said i have a unhealthy and skewed understanding of history so i thought there is something wrong in what i posted about the Mughals and destruction of Hindu structures. 

I am fully aware of Sikh heritage being destroyed by Sikhs, thats what happens when you get uneducated village babeh and appoint them to "restore" old heritage buildings, they demolish them and replace them with massive marble forts. 

20 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

You have a slightly ignorant view of heritage preservation.. The sarai comes under the responsibility of the federal government whilst the palaces you mention do not.. If they did they would probably be looked after much better 

Well thats the thing why are buildings built by foreigners, who invaded our land and slaughtered our people for centuries, why is their heritage prioritized over our own heritage. Why is their heritage even celebrated and protected? Absolutely disgusting. 

Their buildings should be demolished, the Mughals lost power centuries ago and their buildings should of gone with them centuries back as well.   The British had built a ugly gothic clock tower on the parikarama of Harmandir sahib, when given the chance the first thing Sikhs did was demolish that tower, the same should of been done with the Mughals buildings. Mughals were no different to the British. Both were foreign invaders who took our land and wealth and made the indigenous people of India into slaves.

Banda Singh Bahadur blew up all their buildings in Sirhind.