why India romanticizes the Mughals?

puzzled

VJKK VJKF

On 21 September 2018 at 10:58 PM, puzzled said:

I see myself as Punjabi sikh.

Yeah India's ok but I don't like punjab or the people tbh    everything is so corrupt there. Every one is at playing hera pheri. And people are super perverted there. All the men old and young the only thing they talk about all the time is sex.   iv lost count of the number of people that have shared their sex stories with me in punjab. Iv had 50 year olds talk about their sexual experiences and one night stands.  Iv even heard aunties making jokes about private parts. I actually get sick and tired of it. I'm not surprised that there is a rape crisis in India, that's the only thing they seem to think and talk about.  I don't like the punjab police either never seen people talk so rude.   I don't like how the chamars are treated either.

I also don't like how my family from there constantly tell me what to do and what not to do. They think because where from abroad that we should be behaving all sophisticated,  well I'm far from sophisticated lol.  I remember once we were in the city area and I sat on the wall with my legs hanging down, which is perfectly fine and normal, and my dad's brother turned around and told me to get of the wall and sit on the chair because it dont look nice!  Like <banned word filter activated> !!    What's wrong with sitting on the wall!    I personally don't like going punjab  the whole experience is suffocating, I feel like I'm getting strangled when I go there haha!   My pind is like 60% chamars  so when I feel suffocated with my family I just walk out and start talking to the chamars and walking around with them,  they are really funny and make me laugh but then my dads brother tells me off and says I can't stand with or walk around with chamars because it doesn't look good because they are "low caste" !  Like what the hell is that about!  I really don't understand this stuff. I really don't like how I get bossed around by family in India. 

I've noticed that a lot too, my grandad always talks about caste and stuff: "Oh we are Tharkan, we shouldn't be talking to chamars". I was so suprised because at the end of the day, we are all humans regardless of our caste. I don't see myself as a Tharkan, I see myself as casteless. I just think that castes are just a huge ego boost.

VJKK VJKF

On 9/23/2018 at 9:02 AM, GuestKaur2 said:

VJKK VJKF

I've noticed that a lot too, my grandad always talks about caste and stuff: "Oh we are Tharkan, we shouldn't be talking to chamars". I was so suprised because at the end of the day, we are all humans regardless of our caste. I don't see myself as a Tharkan, I see myself as casteless. I just think that castes are just a huge ego boost.

VJKK VJKF

Yeah I really don't like the way some people treat chamars, they've had to build their own gurdwareh because they get discriminated against. In my dad's and mum's pind chamars and other dalits have their own gurdwara  while jatts have their own. I personally think every pind should have 1 gurdwara and each community should have a representative in the committee. 

16 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah I really don't like the way some people treat chamars, they've had to build their own gurdwareh because they get discriminated against. In my dad's and mum's pind chamars and other dalits have their own gurdwara  while jatts have their own. I personally think every pind should have 1 gurdwara and each community should have a representative in the committee. 

That's not such a bad idea actually...