Sign in to follow this  
puzzled

Fried chicken BBC

Yeah I stopped eating meat this year. I didn't know how disgusting it actually itnis until beginning of this year and in this documentary they lighted it up too much. In reality most of the chickens are overfed so much that they can't even walk properly and they have most of their legs broken. It is actually so sad and nowadays the government is like get the bus etc. Walk to school when over 50 percent of greenhouse gas emissions are apparently from meat and just transporting around the country.

In addition, they are feeding cows soy and nowadays a lot of them don't even see grass and there is enough food to feed 10 billion humans or so but there is still famine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Yeah I stopped eating meat this year. I didn't know how disgusting it actually itnis until beginning of this year and in this documentary they lighted it up too much. In reality most of the chickens are overfed so much that they can't even walk properly and they have most of their legs broken. It is actually so sad and nowadays the government is like get the bus etc. Walk to school when over 50 percent of greenhouse gas emissions are apparently from meat and just transporting around the country.

In addition, they are feeding cows soy and nowadays a lot of them don't even see grass and there is enough food to feed 10 billion humans or so but there is still famine.

Yeah I feel sick watching that. I stopped eating meat too about 3 years ago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What do you expect for £4.00 for a full chicken. 

Cheap chicken  is unhealthy plaine and simple. 

If you are going to eat meat. Always buy organic. I usually stick to game meats. Which are jangli (wild) caught. They are not given any soya or processed feed. They eat natural diet found in the wild. 

You can get game meats. Such as Phesant, partirdge, ect from many butchers who stock them. 

Allow all this cheap processed hormone fed chicken. It should be banned really. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big_Tera said:

If you are going to eat meat. Always buy organic. I usually stick to game meats. Which are jangli (wild) caught. They are not given any soya or processed feed. They eat natural diet found in the wild. 

You can get game meats. Such as Phesant, partirdge, ect from many butchers who stock them. 

Either way  I'm sure its not a pretty site when they get killed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Lol I don't think I'm ever going to change my decision on meat. Stopped it forever

Same   the smell is the worst part, i have to hold my breath every time i walk past a kebab shop, the smell of the carcass makes my stomach turn. My dad was making bacon the other day and i actually felt like I was going to puke, had to go upstairs lol 

I don't say anything when he cooks shite like that because I don't want to offend him but honestly even looking at him or anyone else eating it makes me feel sick in the stomach 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Lol I don't think I'm ever going to change my decision on meat. Stopped it forever

Same, I stopped eating meat about  a year or two ago and I noticed that I was happier, also before I used to have acne but now I don't have a single spot on my face. I'm so glad I don't eat meat anymore. I feel sick just looking at it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

sorry to bust your bubble but game fowl are kept like domestic fowl and fed grain , Have seen the pheasants/partridge  kept in forest on Eltham palace/Audley End  for hunting later in the season. they couldn't even fly away to save themselves . Organic doesn't mean more than the feed they get is unadulterated with pesticides/herbicides, it says nothing about conditions they are kept in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

sorry to bust your bubble but game fowl are kept like domestic fowl and fed grain , Have seen the pheasants/partridge  kept in forest on Eltham palace/Audley End  for hunting later in the season. they couldn't even fly away to save themselves . Organic doesn't mean more than the feed they get is unadulterated with pesticides/herbicides, it says nothing about conditions they are kept in.

I am not talking about guniee fowl. I dont know about the pheasants and partridge you are referring to. But I have a reliable supplier from a reputable farm/butcher. The game birds are completely wild. They are caught in the open. Its not mass produced like battery chickens. 

Whatever they are its a damn sight better then hormone fed and mass produced chickens. I used to live near a farm. Where we would catch our own pheasants. 

Game meat is is alot tougher/firmer and textured meat then supermarket chicken. The reason is they are in the wild running around freely so their meat and bones is harder when you bite it as it should be. Supermarket chicken is almost like eating a potato. The texture is soft and squishy as the chicken has no muscle commodity to it due to not building this up as they are kept in cages with no excerise. So the meat is sloppy and soft. Natural meat should not be like this. 

With regards to organic. I get your point. Even organic is not perfect. No meat is. But it is alot better then supermarket chicken. So you have to eat the best you can find. I stick by game meat. just do a google search to see the benefits. 

• Like 1

In a Sikhi camp I remember watching a video of animals getting slaughtered and it honestly broke my heart. idk how people can see that happen and then continue to eat meat. It makes you realise how important compassion is. I'll try to find the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pixGkSFBty0

Here it is ^^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GuestKaur2 said:

In a Sikhi camp I remember watching a video of animals getting slaughtered and it honestly broke my heart. idk how people can see that happen and then continue to eat meat. It makes you realise how important compassion is. I'll try to find the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pixGkSFBty0

Here it is ^^

What about fine meat cuisine?

3 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

What about fine meat cuisine?

What do you mean?