Taking Amrit

I am deciding to take Amrit in the near future with AKJ, but I have a really big problem. If I take amrit I will have to do Sarab Loh Bibaik ( Sarab Loh Bibaik is the practice of eating food which has been prepared only by Gursikhs and to prepare and serve this food in Sarab Loh (iron) utensils, as far as possible.) No one in my family are amritdharies and they do eat meat and that will be unable them prepare my food. As I am only 14 years old, it will difficult for me to make my own food. So what could I do. I am a manmukh, I really want to take amrit, but this is a huge problem that I am facing.

Could the sangat please help me out. The sangat who do help me thank you very much. May Vaaheguroo bless!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Not all akj panj pyares insist on sarb loh bibek. I know in Uk, they do not insist on it. At tapoban or india they do. I am also thinking of taking amrit.

If you are worried about it, take it at UK, vancouver or california. Then in future when you are ready to keep bibek, then keep it. It will not be hukam on you from the panj pyares.

Not all singhs are sarblohi. But it is a good rehit to keep if you can. I would wait till I am right, then keep it for life. I think it is not good to start it and then stop later. Start it when you are 100% ready. :TH:

I'm sure that when you take amrit at a samagam organized by Akhand Kirtani Jatha, the punj pyare will insist that you do keep sarbloh bebeik, or bebeik atleast. I'm not sure about UK, but here in US/Canada most of the time Punj Pyare do tell you. If you think you aren't ready for sarbloh bebeik yet you can let them know of your problems and they'll tell u the alternatives. Rest, anyone else here, including me, cannot tell you anything about what your Punj will be telling you as we are not standing in their position. Most of the time at smagams organized by AKJ, the Punj Pyare are chosen from the sangat and what they tell you about rehit is what their mutually decide upon. At last, don't worry about getting maryada chocked down to your threat, as the Punj Pyare wont' be doing that. They will only tell you what is recommended and it's your duty to try to do it. It will take you time to achieve all your goals, but do keep them in mind.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Fantastic that you are planning to take Amrit.

I remember from one of Shaheed Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale's speaches:

"People ask Gursikhs, 'Where did you take Amrit from?' People reply 'I took from this person, that person' Some say, 'I took Amrit from Bhindranwale'. Khalsa Ji my benti is that we take Amrit from the Panj Piyaare in which Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj resides. We do not take Amrit from individuals. If we say I took Amrit from this singh or that singh then it is not Amrit of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. So please accept my benti and if anyone asks you from who did you take Amrit, reply, 'from the panj pyaare or guru gobind singh ji'."

Bibek rehat is not part of the minimal rehat which all Gursikhs are bound to keep. Minimal rehat which all Sikhs are bound to keep is written in the Sikh Rehat Maryada. However, all those who can keep more rehat - then thumbs up to you and may maharaaj keep you in chardikala.

Bhul chuk maaf karnee ji

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Veer ji

I was once contemplating keeping srbloh rehat, I asked the advise of a very chardikala gurmukh who has been sarblohi for over 25 years, he said to me keep a solid amritvela for two years then if start to keep this rehat. Sarbloh rehat is great but there are other areas of your sikhi that need to be solid.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I am very sorry for saying that I am gonna take amrit from AKJ. I meant that I was gonna take amrit from the punj piare, who will give amrit to me at the AKJ Smagam. Thank you to all the veer jee's who have helped me and i am greatly thankful to you. May you stay in chardi kala!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!