khalsa88

What are you?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What are you?

• 1. Amritdhari
    • 2. Keshdhari
    • 3. Keshdhari + Beard Trimmer
    • 4. Hair Cutter

he simply objected to being DEFINED by whether he has hair or not....which i think is perfecty reasonable....

How is that reasonable? One of the main reasons behind keeping Kesh is so that we're easily defined as the Sikhs of the Guru. Keeping hair is not "optional" for a Sikh--it is a requirement. It is central to who we are as Sikhs. It defines us.

I'm 99% sure that Pheena is not a Muslim... I just read some of his previous posts, and it is clear that he considers himself a Sikh.

It is ok if he considers himself a Sikh, but it is not okay to claim that keeping hair is not central to how we are defined. And I said that its unfortunate for Pheena in particular, because he seems to possess a fair bit of knowledge.

I know a lot of 'sehaj dhari' Sikhs who cut their hair, yet all the ones I know admit that cutting their hair is wrong, and many of them hope to keep their hair in the future. They understand that cutting their hair is a weakness and most of them have enough respect for Gurmat to not want to "water it down" by claiming that keeping hair is not of central importance.

sikh = student

guru = teacher

so in order to be a sikh, u have to have a teacher...if u do not listen to the teacher, then how can u be the student??

sikh/gursikh/khalsa - same thing, coz they all have one teacher....

Refusing to follow wot GuruJi sez, means u forfeight the right to call urself a sikh...

Personally...i wont ever call my self a sikh, because i kno that i will never be able to totally "give my head"...bt i will try my best....

japnaam singh jee

pheena ji is muslim. her religion doesnt require her too keep her hair. so in her case this question doesnt even apply to her. she cant be a great gursikh. but could be a great muslim. dont jump on peoples cases so fast singh jeeo.

wjkk wjkf

maff carna but which religion or way of life, asks u to cut your hair, yes Sikhi does say a sikh must no cut, or change any part of there hair in any way but no other religion asks you to cut it.

if other religions, cultures, dharams, etc where to think about it, they to would not touch

there hair.

oh and i hate the term,

Keshdhari + Beard Trimmer
how the hell can u be keshadharhi but toucj/cut watever, any part of your hair on your body. Its stupid, and people who wear dastar and cut there dhara, or pluck there eye brows deserve a SLAP! hit.gif

*disclaimer: please note im am not telling anyone to go and slap anyone, if u feel brave enough go a head, but im not respon

sible for the out come! lol

Mehtab SIngh - I thought EXACTLY the same thing

hahaha

Agree with RSingh, that wa swhat i thought wehen i read the options - Kesdhari but trims beard LOL :wub:

it's liek saying - one who dones't remove hair from any part of th ebody but trimms beard LOL :wub:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

1. Change name of this thread to : sadde pyaare Pheena Ji

2. I have a song dedicated to Pheena Ji

Will the real Pheena shady please stand up, please stand up, please stand up !!!

by the way, Pheena's posts mostly bomb the hell out of the whole issue, whatever it is (my personal observation).

LOL.gifLOL.gif NOT!!!

Pheena Ji - is not a MUSLIM or a Singhni - he is a Singh for your information <_<

Om, I am neither the mind, intelligence, ego nor 'chitta', neither the ears nor the tongue, Nor the senses of smell and sight, neither ether nor air. I am Eternal Bliss and Awareness,

I am neither the 'prana' nor the five vital breaths, neither the seven elements of the body, Nor its five sheaths, nor hands, nor feet, nor tongue, nor other organ of action. I am Eternal Bliss and Awareness.

Neither fear, greed, nor delusion, loathing, nor liking have I, nothing of pride, of ego, Of 'dharma' or Liberation, neither desire of the mind, nor object of its desiring. I am Eternal Bliss and Awareness.

Nothing of pleasure and pain, of virtue and vice, do I know, of mantra, of sacred place, Of Vedas or sacrifice, neither I am the eater, the food or the act of eating. I am Eternal Bliss and Awareness.

Death or fear, I have none, nor any distinction of 'caste', neither Father nor Mother, Not even a birth, have I, neither friend, nor comrade, neither disciple, nor Guru. I am Eternal Bliss and Awareness.

I have no form or fancy, The All-pervading am I, everywhere I exist, and yet I am beyond the senses, Neither salvation am I, nor anything to be known. I am Eternal Bliss and Awareness.

By Adi Shankrachariya

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

just wanna say one mor ething again

bina shastar kesan deaon na deedare

bina shastar kesan nirang bhed jano'

wats guru je saying?

that without kesh and weapons guru je will NOT give u his darshan

and the other thuk

without weapons and hair u are like a sheep because u know sheep have their hair cut, and cant defend themselves because they cant fight

there one of the easist things to kill

maharaj je says without kesh u will not get darshan

and ure janam is worthless without darshan

but hey

wat do i know

bhula chuka mafWaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!