Are sikhs social people?

mahandulai

On 10/24/2018 at 4:01 AM, mahandulai said:

it is, though rehat says do not have any sangat who drink and smoke etc. I think you are right though. the world is bigger now, than just Sikhs in india.

just Sikhs end up being spiritual nomads, and it is kind of in the lifestyle, needs to change.

Wrong at many levels. What our gurus told us does not come with expiry tags with it. If our gurus said, do not keep bad sangat. It means never ever do that whether it’s today or thousands of years ahead. Our gurus teaching are not time bound.

8 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Wrong at many levels. What our gurus told us does not come with expiry tags with it. If our gurus said, do not keep bad sangat. It means never ever do that whether it’s today or thousands of years ahead. Our gurus teaching are not time bound.

no i am right.

too many sikhs stay away from everyone and everything, and on-one can call them out on it, because theyre on 'a spiritual break'

16 hours ago, S1ngh said:

But what about just talking to people who smoke and do that stuff? There's obviously a difference between being friends and then just talking... 

My dad drinks alcohol, eats meat, swears a lot etc  but does that mean I should stop talking to him lol   in fact majority of my family are like that.