Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, I have a concern that I wanted to share. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and it has started causing me to have facial hair which is very embarrassing. Doc said its related to hormones. Adrenal glands are not balanced causing more steroids in the body which produces excess body hair. I am amritdhari and would like to know if its ok of shave off excessive facial hair since the hormones are responsible for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, khalsa50 said:

Hello everyone, I have a concern that I wanted to share. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and it has started causing me to have facial hair which is very embarrassing. Doc said its related to hormones. Adrenal glands are not balanced causing more steroids in the body which produces excess body hair. I am amritdhari and would like to know if its ok of shave off excessive facial hair since the hormones are responsible for it. 

shaving is the simply WORST thing you could do as apart from busting your amrit  you will also cut finer hair causing thicker , longer regrowth . Try to control your blood sugar by PCOS diet , reduce /eliminate dairy and processed foods as extra xenoestrogens and mammalian estrogen will make your body create more androgens and create more male like hairs .

https://thekindlife.com/blog/2013/04/treat-pcos-polycystic-ovarian-syndrome-with-vegan-plant-based-diet/

if you sort out your diet the hair will normalise , drinking peppermint tea daily will help also

Edited by jkvlondon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

shaving is the simply WORST thing you could do as apart from busting your amrit  you will also cut finer hair causing thicker , longer regrowth . Try to control your blood sugar by PCOS diet , reduce /eliminate dairy and processed foods as extra xenoestrogens and mammalian estrogen will make your body create more androgens and create more male like hairs .

https://thekindlife.com/blog/2013/04/treat-pcos-polycystic-ovarian-syndrome-with-vegan-plant-based-diet/

if you sort out your diet the hair will normalise , drinking peppermint tea daily will help also

I have been on this diet for a while and am taking spearmint tea. But nothing seems to work. Even had a surgery couple years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

don't shave that just makes it come back worse. I used to shave my chest and other areas before and trust me it grows back thicker and hairier lol, and it expands as well  

Edited by puzzled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2018 at 4:05 AM, khalsa50 said:

Hello everyone, I have a concern that I wanted to share. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and it has started causing me to have facial hair which is very embarrassing. Doc said its related to hormones. Adrenal glands are not balanced causing more steroids in the body which produces excess body hair. I am amritdhari and would like to know if its ok of shave off excessive facial hair since the hormones are responsible for it. 

vanity, selfishness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mahandulai said:

vanity, selfishness

try shutting it  if you haven't got anything positive to say ... it is harder for bibian because everyone's got an opinion about how she looks . Ignore his jibes bhain ji .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2018 at 5:00 PM, khalsa50 said:

I have been on this diet for a while and am taking spearmint tea. But nothing seems to work. Even had a surgery couple years ago.

how long ? are you on metformin because it doesn't deal with the cause just masks the symptoms ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 6:38 PM, jkvlondon said:

try shutting it  if you haven't got anything positive to say ... it is harder for bibian because everyone's got an opinion about how she looks . Ignore his jibes bhain ji .

Deleted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 9:39 PM, jkvlondon said:

how long ? are you on metformin because it doesn't deal with the cause just masks the symptoms ...

No I am not on metformin because I don't have insulin sensitivity. I was told Spironolactone, but it has alot of side effects. I am trying herbs like saw palmetto pills to see if that will work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Guest Stupid Taksali Thugs
      There is a clear pattern here. 1st the Taksali's killed an innocent Amritdhari parcharak (Shaheed Bhai Bhupinder Singh) and boasted about making his two innocent children orphans in the murder attempt of Bhai Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale. Then the Taksali's made the murder attempt on Panthpreet Singh Khalsa in Italy in order to try bring Sikhs into disrepute in Italy and to get Kirpan banned in Italy. Then the Taksali's spent tens of thousands catching flights all the way from USA and UK in order to bring Sikhs into disrepute in Germany and upload their violence and their success in taking off Panthpreet's dastar. Bear in mind this was just after Muslims had bombed a Gurdwara in Germany. Now the Taksali's are proud of trampling over young children in Maharaj's hazoori and spitting, swearing, pushing and attacking in front of camera and bring Sikhs into utter disrepute in the UK. The innocent children hurt by Taksali thugs on Saturday might be emotionally scarred for life by this and potentially put off Sikhi by this memory as they grow into teenagers. What angers these Taksali's is that most of the people joining Sikhi in the UK and Punjab are doing so because of Bhai Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale and Nirvair Khalsa Jatha. They see the murder of these two main parcharaks as their number one priority in order to do their masters Badal and RSS dirty work 
    • Guest Stupid Taksali Thugs
      Shame the Taksali gunde didn't heed your advice when trampling Sikh children. Local Sangat wanted to hear NKJ katha. Taksali's wanted badnami for Sikhs
    • Yes bro we always mention, only amritdhari plz contact. But people still call and say, “ ji amritdhari ta nahi aa but saadi kudi vegetarian aa, je tusi kahoge ta amrit shakloo gi “
    • How do we stop Sikh youth from looking up to the black culture?  For instance there is a girl called Lilly a punjabi girl on youtube. She promotes the whole black culture. Many punjabi women look up to her. She talks and act like a typical ghetto black girl.  Looks like us Panjabis are struggling with an identity crisis. Many of the young punjabi boys look up to rap stars and dress like pure black people.  Why are we not strong in our own identity and need to latch on to the black culture - Such as dress sennce, music, dread locks in hair. If it aint blacks then we latch on to the white culture. Such as going down the pub for a pint. 
    • A Sikh would have wrote, it depends on what the says and what to focus on.  What rehat speaks on such manner.
×

Important Information

Terms of Use