My cousin is going to get married to a non amritdhari girl!!!

1Anonymous1

6 minutes ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

Just to sum up and close the thread...

I met the girl twice yesterday:

1st time was with her mum, turns out her mums  a radha soami but her dads a sikh. She and her family are vaishnu, she doesn’t drink and she does japji sahib every morning. Her mum was annoying tbh she complimented my cousins eyes 10 times even the girl was looking at her and giving looks. 

Then her, me and my cousin were together. She seems like a nice person and they do look good together but SHES NOT AMRITDHARI

No matter if she is pretty, veggie or doesn’t drink  she’s not an amritdhari and I really felt like saying it in front of them but they looked so loved up together, the way they were looking at each other I couldn’t take up the guts and burst their bubble 

I don’t think my cousin will leave Amrit, he’s  learnt santhiya or Guru Granth Sahib and Dasam Granth and regularly does Prakash in the local gurdwara. He keeps his amritvela as his mum always states.

I dunno guys... I’ve just left it to maharaaj.....

Just maybe she might take amrit, at least both are marrying within Sikhi.

I remember how shocked and gobsmacked Punjabis were when we first started hearing about amridharis coming out with love marriages a couple of years back, now its normal.  anything goes these days tbh.  she's pretty and probably hot so why wouldn't he marry her? he's a bloke after all. 

On 12/27/2018 at 4:08 AM, Guest terapio said:

Ms.1Anonymous1,your cousin is just using that excuse to justify his actions.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but most likely he will cut his kesh and become a patit again in the near future.I suggest you don't waste your time or energy on this issue any longer.

Deleted

10 hours ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

Just to sum up and close the thread...

I met the girl twice yesterday:

1st time was with her mum, turns out her mums  a radha soami but her dads a sikh. She and her family are vaishnu, she doesn’t drink and she does japji sahib every morning. Her mum was annoying tbh she complimented my cousins eyes 10 times even the girl was looking at her and giving looks. 

Then her, me and my cousin were together. She seems like a nice person and they do look good together but SHES NOT AMRITDHARI

No matter if she is pretty, veggie or doesn’t drink  she’s not an amritdhari and I really felt like saying it in front of them but they looked so loved up together, the way they were looking at each other I couldn’t take up the guts and burst their bubble 

I don’t think my cousin will leave Amrit, he’s  learnt santhiya or Guru Granth Sahib and Dasam Granth and regularly does Prakash in the local gurdwara. He keeps his amritvela as his mum always states.

I dunno guys... I’ve just left it to maharaaj.....

Told ya, Never Judge Someone before meeting them :)

56 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

I don't think he will cut his hair because he would lose his status in the group he is associated with.  I think her cousin took amrit from Hazur Sahib purposely so he could still continue to be a patit and still be an amritdhari according to hazur Sahib maryada.  What he does not understand is that the maryada of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji blessed amrit to men and women and the same amrit.  Hazur Sahib has been effected by the local Hindus.  Give it couple more years and these guys will make a priestly class for men that won't let women even sing Gurbani from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji or a pothi,  or a gutka sahib.  Then these fake singhs would even love this maryada even more because now their wife will not have to touch a gutka or learn anything about Sikhi.

Lol, On One Side, You guys are criticizing a Woman for not being an Amritdhari, and on the other Side, Criticizing a Man for being a Amritdhari. LET PEOPLE LIVE THEIR LIVES GUYS.

14 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

First you showed up on this site with very poor understanding in general and Sikhi. Now its clear you either can't read or are very poor at reading. You need to take English reading classes.  Where do you live, I will help you search for English reading classes in your area because I think, no I know you can't perform a Google search. 

Hold up , me and my wife were not AMRITDHARI, so are you saying we should not of done 'Anand Karaj' ?

Guest akaaaal
51 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Hold up , me and my wife were not AMRITDHARI, so are you saying we should not of done 'Anand Karaj' ?

Anand karaj is for amritdharis only. Nowadays literally anyone can go and have an anand karaj. Should not be like this. 

1 hour ago, Akalifauj said:

First you showed up on this site with very poor understanding in general and Sikhi. Now its clear you either can't read or are very poor at reading. You need to take English reading classes.  Where do you live, I will help you search for English reading classes in your area because I think, no I know you can't perform a Google search. 

That's deep,  he lives in India so English isn't his first language. He writes in English well