but the person u marry has to be a amridhari khalsa too

as for homeland

actually

sikhs have declared it as one of their goals to get khalistan

and a true sikh listens to guru gobind singh je

and guru je says in dasam granth

rule is needed for religion

raaj

for more info on this sort of stuff, i wud really reccomend www.searchsikhism.com'

ure hair shud not be naked at any times, ecept for baths

bhula chuka mafWaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Veer ji i was told that this is from the Sau Sakhi,

if not can you PLEASE quote and tell us where this quote can be found in Sri Dasam Granth?

thanks

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

First off all congrats starrdarcy on choosing Guroo Ji. :TH:

About a seperat sikh homeland, not all sikhs want it but they should,just check out the first part of my signature, that is wat Guroo Gobind SIngh Ji said.

If u are not welcome at the gurdwara because of ur colour

say this to them

"manas ki jaat sab ek hai", which means "recognise the human race as one".

Please stick to the topic. If anyone wants to discuss the need of Khalistan, then start a new thread.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Thanks for all your help, i know all of this information will help me on my path. I do have another question:

What should i do if i am discriminated by my mother?

I have heard form her that there will be severe consequences if i discintinue the JW way.

She said that i will be booted from the house if i do so. Although i'm not afraid of telling here, i'm worried what i will do for shelter and money when i kicked out.

I'm lost on the that subject....

vaheguru ji ka khalsa

vaheguru ji ki fateh

welcome to the fold off Guru Nanak Dev Ji. do not worry u have taken the first steps and i know Guru ji will be ur shelter, the sangat will be ur home.

What ever pleases Guruji thats what will happen. As the six Guru Hargobind Sahib ji Said

'Gareeb da mukh Guru Kee Golak'

' The mouth of the poor is the Guru's golak'

so do not worry am sure the sangat here will help u. but i hope ur mother understands.

take care

Guru ji is ang sang

Degh Tegh Fateh

sukdev

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Thanks for all your help, i know all of this information will help me on my path. I do have another question:

I have heard form her that there will be severe consequences if i discintinue the JW way.

She said that i will be booted from the house if i do so. Although i'm not afraid of telling here, i'm worried what i will do for shelter and money when i kicked out.

There's one friend of mine whom everybody know, he is kinda sweet and cool guy. He was facing the same problem as you might face. He was really concerned about what reaction his family gonna have after they come to know about him adopting a different religion. It took him time but eventually he became a proper sikh.. better than me and i really admire him taking brave steps in his life.

Another good friend of mine is really interested in sikhi (by searching internet) but she can't take any step because she think that it might cause some arguments in her family. But if you ask her "Who she is?" She will say, "I am a sikh" and her kids weara kara and they have same views as of their mother and they always says sikh greetings whenever i get chance to see em. The point is that to become a proper full time sikh, on

e needs a courage and a soul that really wants to seek the truth. All that you can get is from Gurbani. Gurbani is the nuclear point which holds all sikhs together, Gurbani is our guru and if we are great fan of gurbani, one will automatically know which step to take.

Becoming a Sikh is not hard, for the starters, all one have to do is stop cutting hair, changing their eating diets, studying sikh scriptures regularly (which can be done online), no relationship besides husband and wife. If you do all this, your family woudn't make a big deal out of it. (Still depends on the family) actually they will think of these changes as positive one.

hope i made any sense blush.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Which area/country do you live in, perhaps the local Sangat/gurdwara can help you or someon in the sangat can help you?

Which area/country do you live in, perhaps the local Sangat/gurdwara can help you or someon in the sangat can help you?

I live in Vernon, British Columbia, Canada. North of Kelowna.

What is this you say of "Sangat/gurdwara"? Is that a special place? (Sorry, i'm still learning here!)

You know, i'm not really worried about getting kicked out so much anymore, it's just that were am i going to live? I don't go to college until early 06. Next month, i will be going to the gurdwara... i'm soo nervouse. What will others think???

is anyone here from Kelowna? or Vanvouver, surrey? I woudn't mind getting ahold of someone, a conection.

I need a phone number to the gurdwara...

SD

Note: Sorry for bringing this thread to the top

• 1 month later...