Number 5

Redoptics

1 minute ago, Redoptics said:

Apparently we are not supposed to do that either.

You're being silly now. The prohibition about slandering is about slandering people unfairly for petty reasons. This is based on haumai (and our people actually do this a lot). 

If someone is purposefully doing you harm, you have every right to call them out for it. Come on, apply common sense to the situation. It's not like our history doesn't remember the Wazir Khan's of the world for the evil dogs that they were. 

Just now, dallysingh101 said:

You're being silly now. The prohibition about slandering is about slandering people unfairly for petty reasons. This is based on haumai (and our people actually do this a lot). 

If someone is purposefully doing you harm, you have every right to call them out for it. Come on, apply common sense to the situation. It's not like our history doesn't remember the Wazir Khan's of the world for the evil dogs that they were. 

I think the point is, if Waheguru is everything and everyone,  you are actually slandering Waheguru,  I am just trying to get my head around it myself, and  I am not trying to offend anyone, I appoligise if I made any mistakes.

Just now, Redoptics said:

I think the point is, if Waheguru is everything and everyone,  you are actually slandering Waheguru,  I am just trying to get my head around it myself, and  I am not trying to offend anyone, I appoligise if I made any mistakes.

A Singh can't be a simpleton and be like "Oh, I can't slander that guy, even if he has raped and abused 20 apneean." Don't go into lulloo mode bro. 

We have to use our buddhi too. Dasmesh pita used the metaphor of devtay and asuras (gods and demons). Failure to recognise the latter amongst simple minded apnay has landed our community in serious shyte. 

1 minute ago, dallysingh101 said:

A Singh can't be a simpleton and be like "Oh, I can't slander that guy, even if he has raped and abused 20 apneean." Don't go into lulloo mode bro. 

We have to use our buddhi too. Dasmesh pita used the metaphor of devtay and asuras (gods and demons). Failure to recognise the latter amongst simple minded apnay has landed our community in serious shyte. 

Well for the example you used, I assume you would be doing that out of anger ? 

1 minute ago, Redoptics said:

Well for the example you used, I assume you would be doing that out of anger ? 

Do you think that Guru ji instructed Singhs to be armed to the teeth with panj hathiars (5 weapons) for some aesthetic look? Or because they wanted Sikhs to be able to defend themselves and the wider panth community against violent aggression? 

Just now, dallysingh101 said:

Do you think that Guru ji instructed Singhs to be armed to the teeth with panj hathiars (5 weapons) for some aesthetic look? Or because they wanted Sikhs to be able to defend themselves and the wider panth community against violent aggression? 

Do you actually think Guru Ji, did any of that out of anger ?