Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deep27223

Im an Amritdhari, and i drive a truck, sometimes i have to haul loads with meat in the trailer.

Recommended Posts

Guest Deep27223

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ke fateh 

Im an Amritdhari 

I drive a truck for a living. 

I have family and a mortgage. 

Sometimes i have to deliver meat products from a grocery warehouse to a grocery store. 

Will this hurt my Rehat? 

Please help 

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ke fateh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 10:01 AM, Guest Deep27223 said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ke fateh 

Im an Amritdhari 

I drive a truck for a living. 

I have family and a mortgage. 

Sometimes i have to deliver meat products from a grocery warehouse to a grocery store. 

Will this hurt my Rehat? 

Please help 

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ke fateh 

Do ardaas to guruji and ask for forgiveness.

Every person has to decide how much they will listen to guruji when worldly it hurts them. 

Its a majboori. Try to make a decision that once i have reached this amt of money, or paid this much mortgage, i will stop doing this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Singh

Its just a job your doing to provide for your family and earn a living.

i dont think it affects your rehat. Consuming etc is a separate matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

I mean Bhagat Sadhana Ji, sorry!  He was a butcher by birth-trade, but became liberated by loving God.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest G. Singh

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh

Bhagat Sadhna Ji was a butcher until he realized it was wrong. After he had the Holy Revelation, he stopped being a butcher.

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest Gursikh
On 6/18/2019 at 3:01 PM, Guest Deep27223 said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ke fateh 

Im an Amritdhari 

I drive a truck for a living. 

I have family and a mortgage. 

Sometimes i have to deliver meat products from a grocery warehouse to a grocery store. 

Will this hurt my Rehat? 

Please help 

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ke fateh 

Sorry Bro, I understand your concern. It will not hurt your rehat.  Do Benti to Waheguru, to bless you with other job where you are more comfortable doing it, other wise meanwhile doing your job, keep your Waheguru simran as much as possible at all times.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Canadian driver

Veerji i used to drive truck from canada to usa with full loads of pork all the time,  i used to bring beer and wines as well. Yes i am Amritdhari. It depends on how you think and how you understand sikhi.

some of my singh friends avoid meat loads- they have reasons for it

i take meat loads- i have my own reasons. I don’t care if i have trailer full if apples or meat- my job is driving. 

There is no job which is sin free. Do your bhagti as mush as possible and don’t worry about the job

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NO! Even Amritdhari shop owners handle wine, beers and nicotine. NOTHING WRONG! Consumption is a different matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest
On 8/16/2019 at 6:50 PM, Singh1989 said:

NO! Even Amritdhari shop owners handle wine, beers and nicotine. NOTHING WRONG! Consumption is a different matter.

this doesn't seem correct.  they are selling those things that they think are immoral?  

just because "other people" do something, doesn't make it right.

the point with OP is that due to his financial situation (mortgage) AND the nature of his job, he doesn't have a choice.  that's is why we are sympathetic to his situation.

that is not the same as some 'amritdhari' deliberately selling this stuff to make money!  shame on them!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest
On 8/6/2019 at 8:15 PM, Guest Canadian driver said:

Veerji i used to drive truck from canada to usa with full loads of pork all the time,  i used to bring beer and wines as well. Yes i am Amritdhari. It depends on how you think and how you understand sikhi.

some of my singh friends avoid meat loads- they have reasons for it

i take meat loads- i have my own reasons. I don’t care if i have trailer full if apples or meat- my job is driving. 

There is no job which is sin free. Do your bhagti as mush as possible and don’t worry about the job

 

you're bhagti is not separate from your job.  think of Bhai Lalo.

saying "my job is driving" seems a bit ignorant.  it is like some nazi saying "my job is just driving",

you basically sold out your ethics for $

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2019 at 4:13 PM, Guest guest said:

you're bhagti is not separate from your job.  think of Bhai Lalo.

saying "my job is driving" seems a bit ignorant.  it is like some nazi saying "my job is just driving",

you basically sold out your ethics for $

Job is Naam Simran. Whether there is meat in the trailer has no bearing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:09 AM, Guest guest said:

this doesn't seem correct.  they are selling those things that they think are immoral?  

just because "other people" do something, doesn't make it right.

the point with OP is that due to his financial situation (mortgage) AND the nature of his job, he doesn't have a choice.  that's is why we are sympathetic to his situation.

that is not the same as some 'amritdhari' deliberately selling this stuff to make money!  shame on them!

 

EXCELLENT POINT! They can do without selling items!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 10:50 AM, Singh1989 said:

NO! Even Amritdhari shop owners handle wine, beers and nicotine. NOTHING WRONG! Consumption is a different matter.

What? No, that is not true. Where did you get that?

We're not supposed to encourage people to consume harmful things because that increases our negative karma. Simple as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 10:11 AM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Do ardaas to guruji and ask for forgiveness.

Every person has to decide how much they will listen to guruji when worldly it hurts them. 

Its a majboori. Try to make a decision that once i have reached this amt of money, or paid this much mortgage, i will stop doing this. 

Yours seems to be the only balanced answer here.

It's one thing to say carrying a meat load is mazboori, as you have.

It's quite another, like some other posters said, that there's no problem whatsoever carrying a meat load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • If you think about most Gurdware in India and Punjab are actually built like that. Hazur Sahib is the same, Kesgarh Sahib, the Gurdwara at Kiratpur, Bangla Sahib Delhi, Damdama Sahib etc  Guru Maharaj is in the center while Sangat sit all around it, front, back, sides    all have the same layout.  Nanaksar was a bit different i think, i can't remember now, but i think it was outdoors with like a roof on pillars. 
    • Yeah they do that with weddings, we saw someones in India like that, it was live on youtube and i just connected it to the TV. i prefer that tbh, rather than attending the wedding just sit back, grab some pop corn and watch it live in your living room.  I didn't know they did that with funerals too!  i'v never been to a funeral. I remember some people used to video funerals! Years and years ago when i was like 6 years old our neighbors gave us a funeral video of one of their relatives! and they showed the dead body and zoomed in and out of the face and then showed the fire part! I don't understand why people used to record funerals!   I think people in India are very used to seeing the dead and its quite normal, while here abroad death and the dead are kept out of site, its almost like it doesn't exist.  I don't think kids born in the west should be exposed to the dead, death etc because we just don't live in a country where death "exists" its all hidden here. While in India its different, kids be playing on the street and people will carry a dead body on their shoulders etc its different there. 
    • Bahais dont have a homeland either, but they havent faced as much persecution as us
    • People ask the monk is he married VID-20200711-WA0004.mp4
    • It is done so that you don't offend anyone. The minute one relative and you leave out another relative,  you will be accused of picking favourites.  I saw something that may start to get popular.  I had a relative that passed away abroad. Because of covid-19 and the fact that funeral being the next day , a lot of people could not attend. However, I saw the funeral on live stream. I think this could be the future.  I think with weddings that could happen. If you got a cousin who is getting married in the UK, and you have relatives all over the world, you send a link and watch the Anand Karaj. People send invites on whatsapp or whatever other social media platform these days.  I think this maybe the way forward 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use