Is the unconcious the same as the soul or seperate?

I started thinking well why don't we feel the pain of seperation from vaheguru the greatest pain of all? Well, I thought it was because we were asleep intoxicated by maya. Maybe the desire to meet vaheguru is so deep and profound and intense that we buried it deep into our unconciousness as it otherwise be too painful for us to bear. Maybe we indulge ourselves in sin like an alcholic who drinks to make his suffering go away only to wake up worse than he started and so he drinks again, and the cycle continues.Maybe after cleaning out our conciousness enough and wiping out the filth, that desire and true eternal prem would begin to seap through.Then maybe simran and bani would make us feel anand and peace,and we get addicted to naam.

So,then does that mean our conciousness is our soul,or is it far deeper in the unconcious, or is it seperate all together? Please share answers or thoughts.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:02 AM, GuestSingh12345 said:

I started thinking well why don't we feel the pain of seperation from vaheguru the greatest pain of all? Well, I thought it was because we were asleep intoxicated by maya. Maybe the desire to meet vaheguru is so deep and profound and intense that we buried it deep into our unconciousness as it otherwise be too painful for us to bear. Maybe we indulge ourselves in sin like an alcholic who drinks to make his suffering go away only to wake up worse than he started and so he drinks again, and the cycle continues.Maybe after cleaning out our conciousness enough and wiping out the filth, that desire and true eternal prem would begin to seap through.Then maybe simran and bani would make us feel anand and peace,and we get addicted to naam.

So,then does that mean our conciousness is our soul,or is it far deeper in the unconcious, or is it seperate all together? Please share answers or thoughts.

That is really good and deep thinking. 

It is true that some people get into addictions etc because of that loss their soul feels. No matter what they do, nothing brings happiness forever. So they try to nub it down. Others tho use alcohol to cover this life's trauma like abuse etc

Our conscience that tells us to do right things and wants us to do the right thing is the soul.

This is different from the ability to tell right feom wrong. Which is budhi. 

Like if u want to go to gurudwara but also club. One is desire of mann, the other aatma.

There r different subconsciousness. There is one that records all we do and think and consume. Kind of like memory but we cant access it. Like if we watch bad songs. It has an affect.

And then we have the other subconsciousness that holds a record of our previous lives. Not only memories. But our personality. Like why some ppl r born great artists, born scared of water. These r only some things from that subconsciouness that leak through.

Beyond all that is the aatma. That is why meditation is important. It allows u to burn through all the different types of consciousness and subconscious. I dont remember their names. But you can probably find them in karm philosophy or a steek or vedant. 

There mann chit budh antishkaran, and lots more. Our psych has been very well studied by the old indian sages. 

Well speaking from personal experience, when I initially found Sikhi, I would use drugs and alcohol as a way to feel 'happy' or 'connected' to Vaheguru. I think that was an unconscious drive to remember the bliss that Vaheguru gives his devotees.

I quickly found out that there was a simpler, danger-free to connect with Him through Naam Simran.

going back to your topic however, I once read somewhere that the biggest pain we have is the pain of (perceieved) seperation from our Creator. Once we know, and not just believe, once we know with faith that we were never seperate from Him, then we find bliss while still alive.

similar concept to jivan mukti and other sikh philosophy.

correct me if im wrong, i know im a big sinner for what I've done in the past but I pray Vaheguru Ji washes away my sins.