Jump to content
puzzled

Kartarpur Sahib videos

Recommended Posts

Sangat is having a blessed time there

 

 

Edited by puzzled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pakistani government seem to be pulling off some master strokes.

They understand very well the power of Sikh tourism. 

First with Nankana Sahib and now with Kartarpur. 

The question is other than the puppi-jhappi what are the benefits for Pakistan?

What are the long term goals from Pakistan, is it a big 2 fingers up towards India?

It seems clear to me that Pakistan are clearly using Sikhs to help develop the infrastructure in their country. It seems that the Sikh diaspora already is providing more impetus to their economy than the Pakistani diaspora. 

What is very interesting to me was the tens of thousands of people at Nankana Sahib and as I looked closer at the crowds they cannot all be Sikh, I suspect the vast majority were local muslims. 

And the first thought that cropped into my head was "Ripe for Sikhi!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The Pakistani government seem to be pulling off some master strokes.

They understand very well the power of Sikh tourism. 

First with Nankana Sahib and now with Kartarpur. 

The question is other than the puppi-jhappi what are the benefits for Pakistan?

What are the long term goals from Pakistan, is it a big 2 fingers up towards India?

It seems clear to me that Pakistan are clearly using Sikhs to help develop the infrastructure in their country. It seems that the Sikh diaspora already is providing more impetus to their economy than the Pakistani diaspora. 

What is very interesting to me was the tens of thousands of people at Nankana Sahib and as I looked closer at the crowds they cannot all be Sikh, I suspect the vast majority were local muslims. 

And the first thought that cropped into my head was "Ripe for Sikhi!"

iv seen videos as well and the a big number of the sangat seem to be local muslims. They call Guru Nanak Dev ji   Baba Guru Nanak. A lot of the local muslims do a lot of sewa in these gurdware.

When i went Hazur Sahib i saw a lot of local muslim women at Hazur sahib, they were burkha but when they enter the gurdwara they lift the face covering. we were really surprised so we asked the local driver that we hired and he said a lot of local muslims come to Hazur sahib. 

I think its 2 fingers up to india and also local business are making lots of money. Im sure there is some other reason too which will probably become more clear in the future 

Edited by puzzled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A day after the corridor opened a muslim guy at work hugged me and shook my hand lol     he said he dont like hindus because they kill muslims and that they believe in lots of gods and that sikhs and muslims believe in one god.     He then started talking about mughals and said that mughals did a lot of wrong with sikhs but that god is looking  etc  was very genuine  had his hand on his heart the whole time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 hours ago, puzzled said:

A day after the corridor opened a muslim guy at work hugged me and shook my hand lol     he said he dont like hindus because they kill muslims and that they believe in lots of gods and that sikhs and muslims believe in one god.     He then started talking about mughals and said that mughals did a lot of wrong with sikhs but that god is looking  etc  was very genuine  had his hand on his heart the whole time. 

 

Didn't Guru Gobind Singh Ji teach us to not trust a Muslim's oath?

Sikhs and Muslims may believe in One God but they are worlds apart.

It's like comparing a pizza pop to a real pizza. Cheap knock-off. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, puzzled said:

iv seen videos as well and the a big number of the sangat seem to be local muslims. They call Guru Nanak Dev ji   Baba Guru Nanak. A lot of the local muslims do a lot of sewa in these gurdware.

When i went Hazur Sahib i saw a lot of local muslim women at Hazur sahib, they were burkha but when they enter the gurdwara they lift the face covering. we were really surprised so we asked the local driver that we hired and he said a lot of local muslims come to Hazur sahib. 

I think its 2 fingers up to india and also local business are making lots of money. Im sure there is some other reason too which will probably become more clear in the future 

Hindutva is on the rise in India.

The Ayodya site has been awarded to the Hindus and Article 370 has been gotten rid off in Jammu Kashmir with it being split into two.

These are two big steps that have been achieved.

First step is that with Ayodya being settled the Ram temple can be built and it means for the hindu that a perceived injustice meted out to them has been overcome. 

The second step with Jammu Kashmir is that non Kashmiris can settle there now and turn it into a non muslim majority. In reality it was the Kashmir Valley that is problem for India.

Jammu is mainly hindu with a large muslim minority and Ladakh is mainly buddhist with a large Shia minority. 

It will be interesting what would be the next steps.

The Pakistani elite are probably very aware that it is going to be even more difficult for them to send their Jihadis over.

I think at some level they are leveraging our emotional attachment to our historic sites. By creating these corridors is a way to split our loyalties. It seems they are looking for some soft spots to exploit. 

I think that Sikhi in the coming years MAY become the stabilising force on the subcontinent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, puzzled said:

iv seen videos as well and the a big number of the sangat seem to be local muslims. They call Guru Nanak Dev ji   Baba Guru Nanak. A lot of the local muslims do a lot of sewa in these gurdware.

When i went Hazur Sahib i saw a lot of local muslim women at Hazur sahib, they were burkha but when they enter the gurdwara they lift the face covering. we were really surprised so we asked the local driver that we hired and he said a lot of local muslims come to Hazur sahib. 

I think its 2 fingers up to india and also local business are making lots of money. Im sure there is some other reason too which will probably become more clear in the future 

Check this tweet:

During this summer The Sikh Community in the UK Pledged to Invest £500 Million Into Pakistan.
Sikh businessmen around the globe will invest millions of pounds to promote religious tourism in Pakistan.

#GNGST #Gurdwara #GuruNanakSewaTrust #NaamJapo #KirtKaro #VandChhako #Sikh https://t.co/Z6ZgL7bghE

If these businessmen spent even 1 per cent on the 1984 widows, how much good can be done.

Money has never been a problem, the allocation has

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, startingsikh said:

Didn't Guru Gobind Singh Ji teach us to not trust a Muslim's oath?

Sikhs and Muslims may believe in One God but they are worlds apart.

It's like comparing a pizza pop to a real pizza. Cheap knock-off. Lol

i think that is if they take oath on their scripture. Aurangzeb put his hand on the quran and swore but he still murdered sikhs 

I think one of the 51 hukams is no never believe anyone if they swear by their holy book. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Check this tweet:

During this summer The Sikh Community in the UK Pledged to Invest £500 Million Into Pakistan.
Sikh businessmen around the globe will invest millions of pounds to promote religious tourism in Pakistan.

#GNGST #Gurdwara #GuruNanakSewaTrust #NaamJapo #KirtKaro #VandChhako #Sikh https://t.co/Z6ZgL7bghE

If these businessmen spent even 1 per cent on the 1984 widows, how much good can be done.

Money has never been a problem, the allocation has

i agree its stupid. money being wasted on stupid stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Hindutva is on the rise in India.

The Ayodya site has been awarded to the Hindus and Article 370 has been gotten rid off in Jammu Kashmir with it being split into two.

These are two big steps that have been achieved.

First step is that with Ayodya being settled the Ram temple can be built and it means for the hindu that a perceived injustice meted out to them has been overcome. 

The second step with Jammu Kashmir is that non Kashmiris can settle there now and turn it into a non muslim majority. In reality it was the Kashmir Valley that is problem for India.

Jammu is mainly hindu with a large muslim minority and Ladakh is mainly buddhist with a large Shia minority. 

It will be interesting what would be the next steps.

The Pakistani elite are probably very aware that it is going to be even more difficult for them to send their Jihadis over.

I think at some level they are leveraging our emotional attachment to our historic sites. By creating these corridors is a way to split our loyalties. It seems they are looking for some soft spots to exploit. 

I think that Sikhi in the coming years MAY become the stabilising force on the subcontinent.

yh nxt few yrs will be interesting.

Hindus are getting back at muslims for ruling over their country for centuries. thats where all the hate goes back too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, puzzled said:

yh nxt few yrs will be interesting.

Hindus are getting back at muslims for ruling over their country for centuries. thats where all the hate goes back too 

It's only the beginning.

Modi has a line of succession. After him, there is Amit Shah and after him there is even a more hardcore Hindu guy (cannot remember the name)

Hindutva is planning and they are planning decades in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Well I had one relative (through marriage) from back home who was snatched up to do his MSc in Germany (something about auto-driving cars with BMW). When he finished that, he was snatched up by America (Texas to be specific) to do his PHd overthere, all he had to pay for was his ticket there and they have set him up with uni fees and accomodation. Another female relative in the same branch of the family just got a job in a Panjabi university as a Chemical Engineer lecturer, so things are happening.  Not enough in my opinion though. Says a lot that hordes of sons of relatively affluent pendu families back home aspire to come to the UK and become builders. There is an anti--intellectual culture back home. There is little to no culture of appreciating/developing gian for gian's sake - and it explains a lot of what we see. 
    • There has been a concerted, long term effort to dumb the panth down and promote barn-dance jamboree culture over all else. This helps keep 'wild Panjabi Sikhs' docile and easier to control. Sadly too many of our own are complicit in this, and actively help promote it themselves.  But people are waking up to this. 
    • Guest Guest Singh
      Wjkk wkfj! Sangat ji I have been getting thoughts of late regarding the academic culture in Punjab. There does not seem to be a thriving one currently. I might not have good knowledge in depth regarding the same, and do correct me if I'm wrong which I hope I am, but isn't it so much rare these days to come across a Punjabi scientist who is the best in his field? Or maybe an economist? A researcher of some kind who has contributed to his field of work. Why don't we see enough people at top management positions in the corporate world who have acquired their degrees in Punjab? This is another isse, we don't really have many quality education institutions or central government companies that are headquartered in Punjab. I read somewhere that there used to be many bungay in Amritsar that were centres for learning in a specific subject each. Why have we been unable to cultivate a learning culture within our native land? Why do we have to go out of Punjab, to other states or even abroad, if we need to gain quality higher education in a subject? I feel like it's high time we start focussing some energy on improving Punjab's academic climate. What do you think about these issues? Please let us all know. Wjkk Wjkf!
    • Simple: There are Guru Granth Sahib ji sarups, too, which feature purported paintings of Guru ji. Does that mean that Guru Granth Sahib ji is fake, too? The bani is real (Aad or Dasam), the paintings are artists' conceptions.
    • I totally understand preventing new fake users signing up and spamming the board with advertising links and such. It is puzzling and also frustrating why users with hundreds, some with thousands, of posts would need to be be similarly restricted. If they had been causing a problem, they would have been discovered years ago. The disabling of the "link" button is similarly problematic (for longtime users).  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use