Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
puzzled

Meat a threat to our planet

Recommended Posts

Eye opening documentary about how farming and meat industry are destroying the planet. cattle actually release more greenhouse gasses than all public transport combined. more trees have been cut down in the amazon rain forest for cattle ranching than any thing else. there are 200 million cows in the amazon rain forest, plus  rain forest being destroyed to grow crops to feed the cows. a lot of these cows/beef is also transported to the UK. 

tons and tons of fish are being caught every year to be fed to the pigs and chicken in these farms to fatten them up which in result has created unbalance in the oceans, penguins in south africa are now starving to death because of the big drop in fish in the ocean.   the pig poo from the farms is released into the sea through water ways, but because of the bacteria and other stuff in its poo it creates a thick green layer of muck on top of the sea and the levels of oxygen drop which in result kills everything that lives under the water, biologically those parts of the sea are dead! 

also the condition of these animals in the farms is disgusting! i saw another documentary where the chickens are fattened up and with 7 weeks they are fully grown overweight chickens, a lot of them cant carry their own body weight so they cant walk, as they are fattened up faster than they should be their bones and organs collapse and they die. cows are continuously made pregnant and baby male cows are sent to the slaughter houses as they are of no use. the whole thing is a business and messed.    

i watched this other documentary about how farming and meat industry is causing more damage to the planet than anything else, including the amazon rain forest, many activists including a nun were shot blank by the government in brazil for raising the issue.   many sites will tell you that the lead cause for the destruction of forests is, cutting down trees for housing, wood, palm tree oil etc   but the main cause is actually cattle ranching for the slaughter houses,  but people who have raised this issue have either been shot or threatened. 

 https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000bqsh/meat-a-threat-to-our-planet

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff!  It’s funny how so many people still allow their taste buds to completely block the facts which are presented to them regarding meat industry.  They go to extents such quoting bani to justify their choice of diet.  Deep down everyone knows what is the right stance to take on meat, but the weakness to fall to their desires can overpower any rational thought.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2020 at 10:08 PM, puzzled said:

Eye opening documentary about how farming and meat industry are destroying the planet. cattle actually release more greenhouse gasses than all public transport combined. more trees have been cut down in the amazon rain forest for cattle ranching than any thing else. there are 200 million cows in the amazon rain forest, plus  rain forest being destroyed to grow crops to feed the cows. a lot of these cows/beef is also transported to the UK. 

tons and tons of fish are being caught every year to be fed to the pigs and chicken in these farms to fatten them up which in result has created unbalance in the oceans, penguins in south africa are now starving to death because of the big drop in fish in the ocean.   the pig poo from the farms is released into the sea through water ways, but because of the bacteria and other stuff in its poo it creates a thick green layer of muck on top of the sea and the levels of oxygen drop which in result kills everything that lives under the water, biologically those parts of the sea are dead! 

also the condition of these animals in the farms is disgusting! i saw another documentary where the chickens are fattened up and with 7 weeks they are fully grown overweight chickens, a lot of them cant carry their own body weight so they cant walk, as they are fattened up faster than they should be their bones and organs collapse and they die. cows are continuously made pregnant and baby male cows are sent to the slaughter houses as they are of no use. the whole thing is a business and messed.    

i watched this other documentary about how farming and meat industry is causing more damage to the planet than anything else, including the amazon rain forest, many activists including a nun were shot blank by the government in brazil for raising the issue.   many sites will tell you that the lead cause for the destruction of forests is, cutting down trees for housing, wood, palm tree oil etc   but the main cause is actually cattle ranching for the slaughter houses,  but people who have raised this issue have either been shot or threatened. 

 https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000bqsh/meat-a-threat-to-our-planet

  

transport - planes, trains, cars, lorries, shipping in toto not just public transport , and methane is 80 times worse than CO2 for global warming.

DEAD Zones , huge especially in Gulf of Mexico because of raw sewage being washed out to sea from industrial animal farms in the Southern states of USA. This depletes the oxygen in the water and introduces antibiotics and pesticides/herbicides to the water.

The worst was the aerosol disposal of pig slurry over black and porr white housing from farms , which causes cancer, respiratory illnesses, and not far may create cross-species diseases see the netflix series PANDEMIC scientists are aware that any new possible antibiotic resistant pandemic will be cooked up in the huge animal sheds .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AkalkiFauj said:

Not so much meat but it is industrial meat. The Jhatka method of the Nihangs is way more humane and sustainable.

all animal husbandry is wasteful of water (blue gold) and arable land for feed. No chatka is not a feasible way to feed billions to claim so is delusional, there is not enough wild creatures to support that model they are already struggling as their habitat is being stolen . Eat mostly vegetables, fruit, grains and reserve  chatka for absolute end point need

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do you know that massive business like the heart foundation, diabetes and cancer research organizations are actually sponsored by things like KFC, mcdonalds, mars bars, and massive beef production companies.   how messed up is that!   all these things like american heart heart association are a joke and are sponsored by the very things that make you unhealthy.     

dont trust any of these things they all messed up

people living near pig slaughter houses are more likely to get cancer, its a fact,    says a lot about the meat that you eat. 

look how strong and tough the punjabis of the past were, they did all the work by hand without the use of any machinery and tractors and all they ate was simply vegetarian food. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 5:41 PM, puzzled said:

look how strong and tough the punjabis of the past were, they did all the work by hand without the use of any machinery and tractors and all they ate was simply vegetarian food. 

The myth of ‘meat based diets’ equating to strong physical forms is something of a modern concept.  The Roman Gladiators were the prized MMA fighters of the ancient era and were probably the earliest of the sponsored combatants.  These Gladiators were provided with the best training and nutrition and their diets were ‘plant based’.  In fact there was a short time when they were forced to eat a meat based diet, but they refused to do so believing they would be weakened due to lack of nutrients.  They resorted to going on a hunger strike and refusing to participate in Gladiatorial sports, until the diet was reversed back to simple plant based nutrition.
 

Modern day sportsmen are also starting to switch to plant based diets and seeing the benefits in performance compared to meat.  I personally feel Milk is also of great benefit, but the industry is controversial.  Our forefathers in the Villages of Punjab were simple people but were smart enough to see what was beneficial for their bodies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TigerForce1 said:

The myth of ‘meat based diets’ equating to strong physical forms is something of a modern concept.  The Roman Gladiators were the prized MMA fighters of the ancient era and were probably the earliest of the sponsored combatants.  These Gladiators were provided with the best training and nutrition and their diets were ‘plant based’.  In fact there was a short time when they were forced to eat a meat based diet, but they refused to do so believing they would be weakened due to lack of nutrients.  They resorted to going on a hunger strike and refusing to participate in Gladiatorial sports, until the diet was reversed back to simple plant based nutrition.
 

Modern day sportsmen are also starting to switch to plant based diets and seeing the benefits in performance compared to meat.  I personally feel Milk is also of great benefit, but the industry is controversial.  Our forefathers in the Villages of Punjab were simple people but were smart enough to see what was beneficial for their bodies.

 

bro thats so true,  i remember reading how most gladiators had plant based diets.  i think from the bones of the gladiators they also found that they drank a drink which was made out of plants.    

same with our grandparents, my great grandfathers worked in the fields from 3am in the morning without any tractors or any other modern machinery that they use today, they worked right into their 70s  Women worked just as hard.   None of them had any health problems, no arthritis, nothing.    none of them ate meat, they had simple diets.  

our forefathers worked hard   its important to honor them and behave in a way which doesn't tarnish their izat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, puzzled said:

bro thats so true,  i remember reading how most gladiators had plant based diets.  i think from the bones of the gladiators they also found that they drank a drink which was made out of plants.    

same with our grandparents, my great grandfathers worked in the fields from 3am in the morning without any tractors or any other modern machinery that they use today, they worked right into their 70s  Women worked just as hard.   None of them had any health problems, no arthritis, nothing.    none of them ate meat, they had simple diets.  

our forefathers worked hard   its important to honor them and behave in a way which doesn't tarnish their izat.  

Simple diets identical from region to region in Punjab.  Farmers diets comprising of Lassi, gur (molasses), daal, saag, youghart, bajraa, makkai, seasonal root veg and not forgetting makhan.  
Sad thing is that this kind of food is only seen at novelty ‘virsaa’ menus at Punjabi Rosoi dhabas, fat shehri’s on nights out dining.  Pendu kids are more interested in burgers, pizza and noodles.  Big strong Punjabis Sardars are fading fast with ‘lazy skinny short kanjar hairdoos!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 3:49 PM, jkvlondon said:

all animal husbandry is wasteful of water (blue gold) and arable land for feed. No chatka is not a feasible way to feed billions to claim so is delusional, there is not enough wild creatures to support that model they are already struggling as their habitat is being stolen . Eat mostly vegetables, fruit, grains and reserve  chatka for absolute end point need

In the natural way you see...

The animals should be let free into the wild. Whoever wants meat can get an animal themselves or do shikar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 3:49 PM, jkvlondon said:

all animal husbandry is wasteful of water (blue gold) and arable land for feed. No chatka is not a feasible way to feed billions to claim so is delusional, there is not enough wild creatures to support that model they are already struggling as their habitat is being stolen . Eat mostly vegetables, fruit, grains and reserve  chatka for absolute end point need

And I didn’t mean Jhatka for Millions of people .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AkalkiFauj said:

And I didn’t mean Jhatka for Millions of people .

our panth is millions of people already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 7:49 AM, jkvlondon said:

all animal husbandry is wasteful of water (blue gold) and arable land for feed. No chatka is not a feasible way to feed billions to claim so is delusional, there is not enough wild creatures to support that model they are already struggling as their habitat is being stolen . Eat mostly vegetables, fruit, grains and reserve  chatka for absolute end point need

What about the ppl doing paleo and carnivore diet? Theyve had massive benefits. 

And they support grass grazed cs corn fed, free roaming and sometimes wild meat. 

Ofc wild meat is impossible for so many ppl. But what about free roaming? There is land in many places that is not suitable for farming but is good for grazing. 

Even that might not be enough. But it must be said, that meat is better for ur body. It has the form of nutrients that are easily digestible by our body such as heme iron vs non heme iron. 

But i dont know the effect of meat on our mind. Its probably too tamma gunn. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

What about the ppl doing paleo and carnivore diet? Theyve had massive benefits. 

And they support grass grazed cs corn fed, free roaming and sometimes wild meat. 

Ofc wild meat is impossible for so many ppl. But what about free roaming? There is land in many places that is not suitable for farming but is good for grazing. 

Even that might not be enough. But it must be said, that meat is better for ur body. It has the form of nutrients that are easily digestible by our body such as heme iron vs non heme iron. 

But i dont know the effect of meat on our mind. Its probably too tamma gunn. 

 

try doing wider research the so-called benefits of the carnivore /paleo diets are temporary states and it is not sustainable for the planet's current population you would need 16 planet earths to support that number of animals .

Free roaming ? in India that would be what ,  cattle only , because usually goats and sheep belong to nomadic people even in cities situations .

Heme iron is poisonous as it elevates the iron levels too much and increases risks of heart attack and strokes . From plants the body takes what it needs only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • It goes both ways. If you hear the Islamic narrative they also prob up Islamic invaders and rulers as benign. You should hear what they say about an invader like Muhammad Bin Qaasim who is hailed as a hero and who they claim just came to save a few Muslim women while the defender Raja Dahir is portrayed as an evil scheming, degenerate pervert. But historic Muslim sources like the Chachnama convey a different story and testify how the invading Muslim Arabs had taken thousands of Hindu Sindhi women back with them.    Or look at how they view Aurangzeb. They shamelessly justify his hate  and war crimes against the Hindus and Sikhs. Many even call him a Wali of Allah or a great saint much like how the Buddhists view King Ashok. He is universally respected by Sunni Muslims. He is basically the main reason why most Punjabi and Mirpuri Rajputs and Jatts are Muslims in Pakistan today.   The Hindu and Muslim grand narratives are very different. The Sikh grand narrative can best be read at the starting of Bhangu's Panth Prakash. Bhangu very elaborately explains the condition of India before Guru Nanak Dev ji took avtar and then what followed and how Sikhs got raaj by Vaheguru
    • see doing stuff like that is just stupid! but then again you cnt expect anything else from india.  marathas were deafed by afghans    but eventually without a doubt they took over india and made it into a hindu state again      iv heard that captain amrinder wanted to remove sikh ithiaas from punjab txt books? 
    • i really liked this movie    the last scene gave me goosbumps!        i wanna watch ajay devgans tanhaji next   
    • thanks I'll look into that 
    • showing the muslims in bad light is part of the hindutva motive though isnt it   so thats why the movies are so unbalanced. these movies are basically used politically and they are having a big impact in india.  but they are gd movies!  iv seen padmavaat  i really liked it   amazing production!    i wouldnt mind if they make a movie about sikh warriors like hari singh nalwa    currently bollywood is really gd with historical epics     
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use