Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shastarSingh

Hinduism and non-veg

Recommended Posts

Well to survive in the forest for 14 years they had to eat something lol.

Ramayan Is a interesting scripture  if you like reading old scriptures  I recommend ramayan. A bit over the top and melancholic at times. 

Main theme is morals and virtues. adultry and sexual sin is repetitive theme. So is loyalty and not breaking promises. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Well to survive in the forest for 14 years they had to eat something lol.

Ramayan Is a interesting scripture  if you like reading old scriptures  I recommend ramayan. A bit over the top and melancholic at times. 

Main theme is morals and virtues. adultry and sexual sin is repetitive theme. So is loyalty and not breaking promises. 

The Mahabharata is superior IMO. The political intrigue, the dynastic and domestic conflicts, and the philosophy of mysticism that underpins it all, just can't be beaten. It's feels a lot more layered and complex compared to the Ramayana even if the latter does share most of those attributes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, puzzled said:

Well to survive in the forest for 14 years they had to eat something lol.

If u read the text I posted carefully, Raam calls the meat sacred.

The meat is also called pure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

If u read the text I posted carefully, Raam calls the meat sacred.

The meat is also called pure.

Is what Raamchandra said dhuri ki Bani/shabad Guru/Gurbani? No, not in the slightest.  Even bhai gurdas  ji Vaar are accepted because Guru sahib gave them the title, key of Gurbani. And bhai Sahib wasn't sent by Vaheguru with powers and the mission to spread Vaheguru name.  Raamchandra was and he miserably failed.  Guru Sahib didn't give Raamchadr saying any importance.  Dasam Bani addresses his behavior and corrects what they said and did. So what does it matter if he called meat pure? Stop being a manmat follower of any group, you obviously are cheerleading for the nihang squad at the moment.  Gurmat is reading Gurbani and holding Gurbani in the heart.  There are key people to learn from in Nihang jathabandi but to hop on the bandwagon so far up the horses arse is no better than the brahmin feeding the stone idol and bathing it in milk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

The Mahabharata is superior IMO. The political intrigue, the dynastic and domestic conflicts, and the philosophy of mysticism that underpins it all, just can't be beaten. It's feels a lot more layered and complex compared to the Ramayana even if the latter does share most of those attributes. 

Iv never read mahabharat, iv got it on kindle.  It definitely sounds more interesting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

Is what Raamchandra said dhuri ki Bani/shabad Guru/Gurbani? No, not in the slightest.  Even bhai gurdas  ji Vaar are accepted because Guru sahib gave them the title, key of Gurbani. And bhai Sahib wasn't sent by Vaheguru with powers and the mission to spread Vaheguru name.  Raamchandra was and he miserably failed.  Guru Sahib didn't give Raamchadr saying any importance.  Dasam Bani addresses his behavior and corrects what they said and did. So what does it matter if he called meat pure? Stop being a manmat follower of any group, you obviously are cheerleading for the nihang squad at the moment.  Gurmat is reading Gurbani and holding Gurbani in the heart.  There are key people to learn from in Nihang jathabandi but to hop on the bandwagon so far up the horses arse is no better than the brahmin feeding the stone idol and bathing it in milk.

U r right brother, Raam failed.Infact Gurbani says Vishnu and his avatars r subject to jamm/ kaal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Iv never read mahabharat, iv got it on kindle.  It definitely sounds more interesting.

I try to read it once a year. There's a lot to be learned from a human perspective in terms of the morals and the arguments it raises. A person doesn't have to be a Hindophile to glean something meaningful from the text.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes to other religious scriptures why did Guru Sahib say to read them? Was it to understand how to be moral? Gurbani provides us with spiritual wisdom and morals of the highest kind. It would be counterproductive to look else where for morals. Guru sahib says, give me your head (completely and only focus on the shabad) when you come on the Gurmat path. Guru Sahib tells sikhs to read other religious scriptures because when a Gurmukh has fully attuned his mind with Gurbani he can see naam everywhere. So when reading other religious scripture the Gurmukh can pick up on the naam that is there and serve the humans that are lost in the vedas, gita, bible, Koran, Torah, etc. Also Gurbani makes references on other religious scriptures concepts so we can achieve a total picture of their concepts when reading their scriptures. But many lose sight of the goal and start collecting merchandise (intellectual knowledge and maya)from these scriptures. But Guru Sahib says all merchandise can be achieved from Gurbani. Anand Sahib says this path is sharper than a double edged sword and finer than a hair.  The path of Gurmat can be simple if we follow the instructions of Gurbani or life can be made difficult by losing the purpose in life as Gurbani describes it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today we have a major issue with Sikh youth walking into university classes like sociology and walking out extremist.  Whether that be feminist extremist or LGBTQ extremist or atheist.  When it comes to Gurbani these groups and people look for lines or a line of Gurbani and take it out of context to support their extremist LGBTQ beliefs on marriage,  gender being same or new thing no gender or infinite gender.  Like we had the ignorant couple from the states who got married by having his wife walk along with him.  The point being they dont follow Guru Sahib.   They attain 'knowledge' else where and want to force it on Sikhi.   The Sikh youth laugh at the Sikhs who bow at a fake baba's feet.  But, the irony is the Gurmukhs are shaking their head at both of them.  One is bowing to a fake baba and the other is bowing their mind by accepting secular knowledge that will always be in the trial phase.  Neither are better than the other.  The youth of today, and it's been done by a few old farts, attain masters or doctorate in fields like chemistry,  sociology or another field and then say we have a doctorate in Sikhi.  They write articles on what they want Sikhi to be and in their name they put "dr.".  Such deception is being done by these old farts.  Sikhi is about honesty, yet they start their article with deception.   

If you want to be a Sikh, then Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is the teacher and classroom.  Not your sociology professor who tells you abortion of a 37 week baby is a women birth right choice, but dont kill that cow because imeat industry  is killing the environment,  go vegan.  

In short,  dont be the monkey with the wrench. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • It goes both ways. If you hear the Islamic narrative they also prob up Islamic invaders and rulers as benign. You should hear what they say about an invader like Muhammad Bin Qaasim who is hailed as a hero and who they claim just came to save a few Muslim women while the defender Raja Dahir is portrayed as an evil scheming, degenerate pervert. But historic Muslim sources like the Chachnama convey a different story and testify how the invading Muslim Arabs had taken thousands of Hindu Sindhi women back with them.    Or look at how they view Aurangzeb. They shamelessly justify his hate  and war crimes against the Hindus and Sikhs. Many even call him a Wali of Allah or a great saint much like how the Buddhists view King Ashok. He is universally respected by Sunni Muslims. He is basically the main reason why most Punjabi and Mirpuri Rajputs and Jatts are Muslims in Pakistan today.   The Hindu and Muslim grand narratives are very different. The Sikh grand narrative can best be read at the starting of Bhangu's Panth Prakash. Bhangu very elaborately explains the condition of India before Guru Nanak Dev ji took avtar and then what followed and how Sikhs got raaj by Vaheguru
    • see doing stuff like that is just stupid! but then again you cnt expect anything else from india.  marathas were deafed by afghans    but eventually without a doubt they took over india and made it into a hindu state again      iv heard that captain amrinder wanted to remove sikh ithiaas from punjab txt books? 
    • i really liked this movie    the last scene gave me goosbumps!        i wanna watch ajay devgans tanhaji next   
    • thanks I'll look into that 
    • showing the muslims in bad light is part of the hindutva motive though isnt it   so thats why the movies are so unbalanced. these movies are basically used politically and they are having a big impact in india.  but they are gd movies!  iv seen padmavaat  i really liked it   amazing production!    i wouldnt mind if they make a movie about sikh warriors like hari singh nalwa    currently bollywood is really gd with historical epics     
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use