People of Other Faiths, Cults doing Keertan

DhadiMania

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

No offense, but considering that some of our Gurbani wasn't EVEN WRITTEN by "Sikhs" (ie: they were muslim, or hindu 'fakirs'), and in Guru sahib's darbaar anyone who wished to sing praises of Waheguroo (no matter what they called him) were allowed to, who are we to start implementing random rules???

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

naamdharhis belive in pakanhdi babas as guroo,

a sikh belives in one guroo, Dahn Guroo Granth Sahib ji Mahraj no other pakhandi, dedhrhi, baba.

not to be confused with narkdharhis who are another cult, they do bedbi of guroo mahraj and gurbani.

to me they are both cults who do not respect sikhi, gurbani, as they do not live by guroo Sahibs Hukaam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

specifically,

should naamdharhis be allowed to play instruments in the background

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

This is a question that has also be troubling me, specifically with regard to Naamdhari Singhs. This is especially in the context that they have very good Raag/Saaj training, and in terms of doing traditional keertan with instruments in Raag and Taal, there are very very few keertaniyas in the Sikh Panth "Mainstream" that have as much knowledge as the Naamdharis.

However, I heard sometime ago that Akal Takhat issued a Hukum that Naamdharis should not be allowed on Gurudwara stages because of their belief in a living Guru, rather than Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj. However, I have never seen any evidence of this Hukum, so I'm not sure whether it was actually issued or not.

Even if this Hukum was "Jaari", ie in application, is it still OK to learn kirtan from Naamdharis?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

let me remind the singhs and singhanis of this site that the people that wrote in the SGGS WERE SIKH. now just becuase when you hear the word "sikh" doesnt mean that you immediatly think of a singh with so many shasters. a sikh means learner, hence people says aaj "tu SIKH lei" (meaning "you learn this) all the people that wrote in SGGS were sikhs and had diff gurus. baba farid ji (or was it kabir?) had swami ramanand as his guru, (or was that bhagat ravi das? or in fact was it both?) and it goes on as such. so yes they were all sikhs. just that the muslims and hindus were not followers of SGGS.

personally, i dont see how namdharis have pyaar for SGGS. plus let me remind the people here they do have their own bani where they praise there own gurus. considering they dont do chaur sahib di sewa and leave maharaj lying around. persoanlly, i dont see it as a singh can do kirtan because they are better than everyone. i say only a amritdhari can because they have accepted maharaj da hukam, or at least trying to.

if one wants to learn kirtan, why cant they ask a gyaani?

i ask the singhs here, if you heard a musla here singing at your gurdwara "peevo phaul khandey dhar" it would show the pyaar, but not practicing what he preached (or she).

gustaphi maaf