Kaljug

daya_singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I believe Kalyug is all the maha maya, haumai, krodh, kaam and lob. The five vices, i mean.

Whenever i do paath, everything and anything that can distract me comes to my mind. my mom said thats kalyug. so pretty much, all that tries to take u away from bani is Kalyug.

Jus my 2 cents. blush.gif

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

kal, this is the age which kali controls, hence the name kal was derived from it, kal meaning darkness. of course if you look at the ages after the roman empire had collapsed, you see the dark ages (500-700) feudal age (700-900) castle age (900-1100) and then imperial age (1100-1400). though with these ages historically we advanced rapidly, spiritually we fell back. our ages had fallen from 100,000 (though i am not sure who did live for 100,000 years in satjug, considering it lasted for 2000 years!).

going to a place of worship is very important, shehat aap nu patha hai, but even one place of god can protect a whole city from the full power of kal! thats why its important in going to a shrine. but of course, the body is a shrine.

now the question of what do you think will happen in kaljug is quite simple. in kal, we saw many battles that killed many, world war 1 and 2. kaam and krodh at its highest point, lobh and moh as well as ahnkar have biled so much that the world will most likly face world war 3. in the words of michel de nostradamus, who famously predicted ww1 and ww2 and the world trade center collapse, world war 3. though i must admit, i thought it would have been in like 1969 seeing america and russia were nearly at war (i think he said that), and then you have him predicting the world would end in 1999 (and its 2004 and we saw big cenetaries this year), then again the world runs on hukam-so who knows the world could even end tomorrow (well who knows, it never happened in 99 so maharaj changed it)!

as kudrat ke sabh bande said we think alot of other things when doing paath because thats kaljug, is an age where it will distract people alot. heck

thats what it is designed to do.

kaljug is there to distract people because we did mega paap we have come to this-so world peace will never happen this age, everyone is too arrogant to listen to one another.

anyway, thats what i think

gustaphi maaf

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure taht the ages you talk about correspond to the ages that are mentioned in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Maybe I have misinterpreted your post? For a start, why would all before the year 500 be discounted- are we to believe this was what is reffered to as 'AAD Sach'- the timeless begging. I think the ages we talk about would extend far further than this, and have to take into account all of history. I'm not even sure I am making any sense here.

Apologies if this is the case

• 2 weeks later...

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Guys/Gals,

Kalyug,satyug,treta,dwapar these yugs under the belief of hindu methodology have a certain time i.e so many thousands of years and so forth. This kind of thinking does not conincide with teachings from SGGS, you only need to read the Assa Di Vaar and it is explained well enough. If you can get the recent 25 cd collection of vihcaar on Assa Di Vaar by Pro Darsshan Singh Ji it will help you understand the Gurmat way. Thinking of the yugs like human beings i.e giving them time and so forth is all hindu methodology, bascially your telling people on that soon as it strucks midnight from satyug to kalyug or vice versa people on this earth are suddenly going to change, no way. Assa di Vaar teaches that raam and ravan were in the same yug, so were harnaksh and pralaad, therfore on all yugs there was good and bad. The need is for the human mind to evaluate what kind of yugs it goes through every day, for example when you 're doing nitnem in the morning you;re in satyug mode, when during the day someone cuts you up while you are driving , you suddenly stick up two fingers that's not satyug anymore it's treta mode. Gurbani teaches over and over about the mind and putting it in the right mode everyday. I would give quotes here from Gurbani but would urge people to get that CD set and listen to it will wake you up from hindu methodology.