Sign in to follow this  
puzzled

Yogi at Amritsar

Was just watching a BOS video and bhai Jagraj Singh briefly narrated the story of how Sikhs during the time of Guru Arjan Dev Ji were digging at Amrtisar and as they kept on digging they discovered a meditating yogi underground. The Sikhs woke him up from his samadhi and he asked them if this is the age of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the Sikhs said yes its the age of Guru Nanak Dev ji but Guru Ji has left and that Guru Ram Das Ji is here now. The yogi then took amrit from Guru Ram Das ji and passed away, got mukti. So the yogi had been meditating on Waheguru ji and waiting for Guru Nanak Dev Ji for 1000s of years and when he took amrit from Guru sahib he got mukti and left his body.

This is the first time i heard this sakhi   It is a beautiful sakhi    anyone know more about it?   

I read how when Baba Deep Singh Ji met Guru Gobind Singh Ji  someone from sangat said something like how young Baba ji is, Guru Gobind Singh ji then said that Baba Deep Singh Ji is not young and that he is 1000s and 1000s of years old and has been gone through life after life searching for him and that he has finally met him. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Is that from the travelling light of Guru Nanak Ji series ?

no its from the japji sahib series 

2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

no its from the japji sahib series 

Ohh I have definitely watched that,  was watching a Dasam Granth Ji Katha yesterday which was very good

Sikh Ithihas is full of these types of sakhia. 

I'm pretty sure that Gurdwara Santokhsar now stands at the place that this event took place. Its tradition that when Sikhs go to Sri Amritsar on a yatra, they'll visit Ramsar, Santoksar, Bibeksar, Kolsar and then Darbar Sahib.

If you have time, then I'd suggest listening to the ongoing katha by Bhai Vishal Singh centred on Sikh Ithihas from the Gurus's era. Bhai Sahib narrates sakhia from Gur Partap Suraj Granth on a daily basis I think. They're normally on Sangat TV but available on Youtube as well. 

57 minutes ago, ssinghuk said:

Sikh Ithihas is full of these types of sakhia. 

I'm pretty sure that Gurdwara Santokhsar now stands at the place that this event took place. Its tradition that when Sikhs go to Sri Amritsar on a yatra, they'll visit Ramsar, Santoksar, Bibeksar, Kolsar and then Darbar Sahib.

If you have time, then I'd suggest listening to the ongoing katha by Bhai Vishal Singh centred on Sikh Ithihas from the Gurus's era. Bhai Sahib narrates sakhia from Gur Partap Suraj Granth on a daily basis I think. They're normally on Sangat TV but available on Youtube as well. 

Thanks  Yeah i just checked and this event took place at what is today Gurdwara Santokhsar    But it was Guru Ram Das Ji not Guru Arjan Dev Ji as i have written    I'll correct it now

thanks I'll check Bhai Vishal Singh on youtube.  🙏

Yes Guru Amar Das Ji called the Yogi "Santokha" and spot where Dome was dug, a gurudwara called "Santokhsar" stands there. 

Bhai Santokh Ji was originally from previous jug and requested his Guru to give him mukht (or reunite him with God after death). However, this Guru replied I don't have that power, but Guru Nanak will come and give u mukht. So, Bhai ji dug the spot n secluded himself in a dome waiting for Guru Ji. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Singh1989 said:

Yes Guru Amar Das Ji called the Yogi "Santokha" and spot where Dome was dug, a gurudwara called "Santokhsar" stands there. 

Bhai Santokh Ji was originally from previous jug and requested his Guru to give him mukht (or reunite him with God after death). However, this Guru replied I don't have that power, but Guru Nanak will come and give u mukht. So, Bhai ji dug the spot n secluded himself in a dome waiting for Guru Ji. 

Thanks bro   it's a really nice sakhi 

He must of been underground for such a long time. 

18 hours ago, puzzled said:

Thanks bro   it's a really nice sakhi 

He must of been underground for such a long time. 

Yes to have so much santokh! Then surviving thru everything. He was massaged to help get his breathing back down, as he was breathing in his head (Dasam Duwaar). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Singh1989 said:

Yes to have so much santokh! Then surviving thru everything. He was massaged to help get his breathing back down, as he was breathing in his head (Dasam Duwaar). 

yeah!  all that faith and patience in guru sahib, dnt think there are many people who are like that today. These days patience lasts around 1 min and people snap, and faith in waheguru is like a challenge or a deal these days, people dnt get one thing and they start questioning the existence of waheguru, imagine having so much faith and patience that you do tapasya for 1000s of years waiting for that union. 

i'll try and go gurdwara santoksar sahib nxt time i go india,  amritsar is a bit far from where we live and once where there everyone is like "chalo chalo chiti kar"     and they just want to quickly get it over and done with    really annoying.  

On 5/20/2020 at 5:50 PM, puzzled said:

amritsar is a bit far from where we live and once where there everyone is like "chalo chalo chiti kar"     and they just want to quickly get it over and done with    really annoying.  

I have a plan! Will get it done one day. With Kirpa the plan is to visit India ALONE and visit places at my own leisure. Definitely would do 84 Japji Sahibs at Bauli Sahib on the 84 steps. Travelling alone means you yer own boss  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

I have a plan! Will get it done one day. With Kirpa the plan is to visit India ALONE and visit places at my own leisure. Definitely would do 84 Japji Sahibs at Bauli Sahib on the 84 steps. Travelling alone means you yer own boss  

Yeah I would love to do that. Visit on my own without all the family drama and constant "chalo chalo chitti karo"    their not even interested and just what to get it over and done with.

Still have so many gurdware left that I havnt been. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• The planet breaths a sigh of relief, lol. 
    • It's true. And something most Sikh parents ignore because most Sikh parents themselves think it's cool and modernable to dress our children like that. I remember my niece on her first birthday was dressed up like a barbie by her parents. Thats where it starts.  If I ever had a daughter I wouldn't let her be semi nude like this. And be available for men.  Sikh parents of girls act like pimp nowadays 
    • Honestly, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your reply has really brought peace to my mind. Yes you're right, professional support is out there but I think this journey is difficult but will build me as an individual. I've always tried to live to make others around me happy which kind of left me unknown of my own identity. I really want to build myself, understand my needs and wants.... And mostly importantly recognise my weaknesses and faults so I can be a better person. Confidence and having high regards of your own well being attractive I guess. It sets a bar and people know not to cross it which keeps relationships healthy and fair. With waheguru jis mehar I really want to improve myself so that when my marriage is fixed I can move forward. You're right, I know I want quick results but on the other hand 8 months of no communication feels like a life time.... However like you said it is better to wait and have problems resolved.  I definitely need to research some techniques and see which suit me best.... It's my sister's wedding in a few weeks which is great happiness for us as a family but a constant reminder for me. It's really hard but the more I'm trying to be happy for her and plan things for her the more peace I feel.  Once again thank u sooo much, your response has really settled my mind.
    • I'm not trying to be rude but most of you guys on here talking about "women these days" sound like incels. I don't know why some people are so obsessed with what women are doing, go out there be the alpha male and any girl will like you. It's very simple Singhs need to man up. Most Singhs want a pretty and feminine girl so similarly girls like confident manly men, alot of Singhs are not up to scratch its simple as that.    There is alot of incel like <banned word filter activated> shaming going on - you can not hope to know what someone is like from a Facebook post or photo, hell even the people you see up close like those in school, you don't know the full story.   What makes me laugh is how quickly people think they can sum up the complexities of someone else's life. On top of that you guys aren't even happy when a girl moves on and criticisize when they do finally settle down as covering up or whatever - it's called growing up and developing as a person, quite a normal thing.   Maybe if we the kaum wasn't full up of people who have nothing better to do than discuss other people's supposed love lives on the internet and actually understood normal human behaviour of making mistakes, being immature and developing, we actually wouldn't have people looking elsewhere.   Finally, there never was this "ideal respectable woman", not in any era. Hanky panky has been going on since the beginning of time, read charitrpakhiyan.

Important Information

Terms of Use