Jump to content

Any good movies to watch?


Recommended Posts

I watched 1917 that was good. Good story, makes you think how much them kids went through, in a war in a foreign country, watching your friends die. Compared to kids these today crying because they only get 3 likes on their Instagram post. If you enjoy that then Band Of Brothers is defo next. 

Prestige- one of my favs, with Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johanson, Micheal Caine David Bowie. Great movie about 2 magicians completing with each other and a great twist at the end.

Fight Club is great, good spiritual message in that, well I thought so about giving up material wealth and staying in Sangat- although their sangat was a fight club...

Last TV show i watched was Succession, which was fantastic. Great acting and well written.

If you like anime, Your Name is a decent movie. Deathnote is a great show as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few classic Bollywood are also on Netflix. 

What are some good movies, documentaries or shows to watch?   anything?  Just watched Training Day for the 100th time lol  one of my favorite movies. Money Heist is gd too  

Toofan singh, mastermind jinda sukha, dharam yudh morcha, 

Posted Images

On 6/15/2020 at 8:14 PM, jkvlondon said:

you might like the who did series on netflix I've watched who shot bob Marley ? , 'who killed sam cooke tice' and am watching 'who killed malcom X? tonight

Are the narratives credible ? 

 

On 6/15/2020 at 6:39 PM, shastarSingh said:

I like movies about how the secret agencies work and the dirty stuff they do?

ideally shud be on youtube

Shooter (2007) is good

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

Children of men,

That's a really gd  movie     some very powerful scenes. 

Something makes me think the condition of immigrant communities would be very similar to what's shown in the movie! If the world is hit by a major mother of all viruses! Or after a major war. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Omkara   one of the best Indian movies i have seen, based on Shakespeare play    its set in rural UP and it is so dark, gritty and rustic!     really rough, perfect representation of the real India! the rural India    

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 8:11 AM, proactive said:

The best film I watched lately was Frantz which was on the BBC iplayer before the virus.

contentserver.com.au/assets/571806_p13266831_p_...

It's a German-French film with subtitles in English about a French soldier who killed a German soldier during WW1 and who after the war goes to find the German soldier's fiancé to seek her forgiveness. 

 

I watched this last  night    really beautiful movie. I guess the ending, last scene is left for the viewers interpretation. She lies to her in laws about her experience in paris, just how she lies about the french guy to her in laws for obvious reasons, it's like their all living in illusions for comfort, trying to avoid reality. 

The visuals were beautiful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, puzzled said:

I watched this last  night    really beautiful movie. I guess the ending, last scene is left for the viewers interpretation. She lies to her in laws about her experience in paris, just how she lies about the french guy to her in laws for obvious reasons, it's like their all living in illusions for comfort, trying to avoid reality. 

The visuals were beautiful. 

I interpreted it as the French guy Adrien was so obsessed with getting forgiveness for his having killed the German lady Anna's fiancée and the parent's son Frantz that he does not see that she is slowly falling in love with him. Adrien's mother thinks that Anna is the one who is tormenting her son but she tells him that it is Frantz who he had killed that is tormenting him. It is only when Adrien is dropping Anna off at the train station that he starts to realise that he might also have feelings for her even though he is marrying his childhood sweetheart, he kisses her and she tells him it's 'too late' . That's pretty much the theme of the film. It is too late for Frantz and Anna to enjoy a happy married life, it is too late for Frantz's parents to see their son have children, it is too late for Adrien and Anna to have some happiness from such a hopeless situation. You are right, the visuals were beautiful and the way in which sadness and despair was shown in black and white while happiness and hope was shown in colour worked really well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, proactive said:

I interpreted it as the French guy Adrien was so obsessed with getting forgiveness for his having killed the German lady Anna's fiancée and the parent's son Frantz that he does not see that she is slowly falling in love with him. Adrien's mother thinks that Anna is the one who is tormenting her son but she tells him that it is Frantz who he had killed that is tormenting him. It is only when Adrien is dropping Anna off at the train station that he starts to realise that he might also have feelings for her even though he is marrying his childhood sweetheart, he kisses her and she tells him it's 'too late' . That's pretty much the theme of the film. It is too late for Frantz and Anna to enjoy a happy married life, it is too late for Frantz's parents to see their son have children, it is too late for Adrien and Anna to have some happiness from such a hopeless situation. You are right, the visuals were beautiful and the way in which sadness and despair was shown in black and white while happiness and hope was shown in colour worked really well. 

Yh there was a theme of longing in the movie. It was quite sad actually. Though I feel once the French chap told Anna the truth, it was like a closure for her, she actually felt like she could move on, only to find out the French guy isnt interested in her. But yh I agree I can see how he was so caught up in guilt that he couldn't see that she had feelings for him, and at the end when he did find out he realised he has feelings for her too. I think he was only marrying the French bird because of his mother. 

What did you make of the end? Because she sitting next to another bloke who resembled the French guy, and they were looking at the painting and she said somethinf that the painting makes her want to live. I guess she moved on and met the new bloke. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, puzzled said:

Yh there was a theme of longing in the movie. It was quite sad actually. Though I feel once the French chap told Anna the truth, it was like a closure for her, she actually felt like she could move on, only to find out the French guy isnt interested in her. But yh I agree I can see how he was so caught up in guilt that he couldn't see that she had feelings for him, and at the end when he did find out he realised he has feelings for her too. I think he was only marrying the French bird because of his mother. 

What did you make of the end? Because she sitting next to another bloke who resembled the French guy, and they were looking at the painting and she said somethinf that the painting makes her want to live. I guess she moved on and met the new bloke. 

The ending showed that even after the relationship she hoped would work out with Adrien and it didn't she was moving on especially as she was looking at the painting  Le Suicide by Manet. She could see a life beyond what she had just gone through and rather than the painting making her sad and melancholic she envisaged a future for her and possibly with the young man also looking at the painting. It showed that those left behind by the death of their loved ones in war take time to move on and after mourning for their loss, it is human nature to want to move on with ones life. There was added poignancy in the fact that only two decades later Europe would go through another round of blood letting. 

Le Suicidé - Wikipedia

 

Frantz (2016), F. Ozon (With images) | Movie quotes, Movies ...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Extraction on Netflix   cool movie, very basic storyline, but lots of really gd action sequences , fighting,  violence etc.  At times it feels like a video game.  Really well shot. English movie but Its shot in Bengal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • The uploader of a video can choose not to monetise it. My opinion is that unless the shabad or the katha is being performed by the uploader or a representative on their behalf, getting ad money for someone else's efforts is theft. There's tonnes of Gurbani channels on YouTube that make money for just uploading CDs of shabads.
    • I've been seeing this more and more recently,  in middle of Paath or Shabad an advert will just pop up throwing me off completely when concentrating. I always thought its very bad to monetize Gurbani,  but then again it could be YouTube themselves. But either way wish it stops, I don't mind it on Katha's but really annoying in Paath and Shabad. Anyways rant over lol
    • Lol. Way to be late to the party there Ravi. 
    • The liberal mafia attacking Amaan Baali because he committed the ultimate sin of standing up for the Sikh community in Kashmir and told the truth of the grooming of Sikh girls. Let's look at the background of these liberals who are now attacking Amaan. Monica Gill - failed model latched on to the Farmers agitation in order to gain more exposure and credibility. On the grooming of the Sikh girls in Kashmir she was solidly on the side of the paedophiles. She promoted the Quint narrative that the Sikh girl was an adult even when the paedophile admitted that he had started to target her when she was 12/13. Her sister apparently 'researched' the grooming of Sikh girls in Kashmir and found 'no evidence'!  Ravi Singh KA - we all know about him and his liberal agenda and his main focus on using the Panth's money to help our enemies and gain him a Nobel prize.  This Angadh Singh Khalsa guy - another liberal mupp.et using the Sikh identity to further the cause of the Jihadis. here's an article about him- his main claim to fame- being a dhimmi and helping in the Kashmiri plan to turn Kashmir into an Islamic state like Afghanistan. What could possibly go wrong for Kashmiri Sikhs when that happens? His views on the grooming of Sikhs - he is 'nuanced'! How Kashmir's Fraught Political Journey Led a Young Sikh Man Into Activism (thewire.in) You can judge the value of a person to the Panth by knowing the background of the people  who are attacking him.       
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use