Sikhnet Youth Forum..

We contacted Sikhnet couple of times and despite our pleas, they completely ignore us saying, "Go and open your own youth forum" and so on. Since Sikhnet is famous website, we would like to get sangat's support to advice sikhnet moderators to give replies to youth according to the sikh rehat. Making fun of Kacchera and advicing youth that it's okay to marry muslim is completely unsikh advice.

for details visit :

http://www.americansikh.com/sikhnet.htm

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rsingh

well I think the site is excellent! well done to the sevadars ^_^

I think its a great Idea. I think the sangat internationally need to come together and react on various issues as a whole.

We contacted Sikhnet couple of times and despite our pleas, they completely ignore us saying, "Go and open your own youth forum" and so on. Since Sikhnet is famous website, we would like to get sangat's support to advice sikhnet moderators to give replies to youth according to the sikh rehat. Making fun of Kacchera and advicing youth that it's okay to marry muslim is completely unsikh advice.

for details visit :

http://www.americansikh.com/sikhnet.htm

You keep quoting the SGPC rehat maryada on your web site as if it is the pucca rehat maryada. It has been in draft form since it was first published as those behind it would not agree on many issues.

This is very sad that you are attacking Sikhnet.

You’ve even devoted a whole webpage for it!!

You have no idea how much seva Sikhnet has done for the Panth. It is run by American white Sikhs, so their maryada is a bit different. But so is the AKJ, Nanaksar, Taksal, SGPC. They all have their differences.

The 3 examples you provide aren’t anti-Sikh in the strictest sense, though you may disagree with the advice. Don’t be so nitpicky, look at the thousands of youths who they’ve helped. So they might make few errors once in a while, it still doesn’t invite such an aggressive attack on Sikhnet.

You don’t see Sikhnet starting a campaign against AKJ for going against Raagmala.

***( doesn’t the SGPC and Akal Takht maryada suggest that it’s ok to eat meat? Because I don’t follow that)

Singh Ji,

doing loads of sewa for the panth doesn't allow anyone to give anti sikh advice...and its not like the sewadars are just looking for shortcomings to attack people...as they said on the site sikhnet has been doing a lot of good but in the past couple of months the answers given by their moderators are misguiding the youths....and these misguiding advice were pointed out by those sewadars but sikhnet ,insted of doing something about they said 'open a new website and have our own youth forum instead of complaining' as its said on the website' ....its not an agressive attack....we need to stand up as youths for whats wrong and whats right....we can't let these things go ...because a lot of people look at these websites and forums for help...because of the culture...most people can't ask their parents for answers so they go out on forums and ask questions.........bhul chuk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Stopsingh, You have to stop attacking the SGPC as much as you do. Sure, the people that are running it are reeeeeeally screwed up. Granted, the maryada isn't the best, but they still should be (most of the time) obeyed. And Mahavir, Sikhnet is really messed up. The stuff they've been recommended isn't good at all.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I must say, Sikhnet Youth Forum did answer many of my questions, and in a very encouraging way. But off late I agree a number of their responses have started to seem quiet "funny". I hope this doesn't turn into a prestige war as the sole aim of whoever is pointing their flaws is not to degrade Sikhnet, but rather to make them aware as they are a responsible organization and need to respond in a manner that doesn't violate Gurmat in any manner.

bhul chuk maaf as I am not for or against any particular organization, and just want all Sikhi related doubts to be cleared within the context of Gurmat.

Sat Sri Akal:

I hate to bring this up again and again but...

When Guru Gobind Singh Ji tested his Sikhs by lowering his arrow as a sign of respect to the grave of a "peer's" grave, the Panj Pyare were swift to punish Guru Sahib.

If Guru Sahib is liable to proper Rehat, so is Sikhnet and its moderators. If something wrong is done by a Sikh or a Panthic organization, no matter the prestige, it must be addressed and resolved. The consequence of leaving it alone is the trend to get worse and worse.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.