Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Kaurr said:

 

Yeah but who's sending those kurtay pajamay wallay. Punjab government and Indian government hate us. Punjab has potential, but it's not being used. 

I have plenty of family in Punjab that are jatts and well educated, they're just not getting the jobs. My cousin and her dalit friend applied for a job and they had to do this test thingy, my cousin got a score wayy higher than her friend but her dalit friend got the job because she was a lower caste. Both my parents who are jatts spent years working hard getting their degrees but they couldn't find a well paying job. Same with some other family. Yeah you have some idiots (like some of my second cousins) that are obsessed with bhangra and that sh1t but that's because they're jobless. For me, recently it's always been that we've lacked in good leadership recently.

Look, if a 'dominant' group, with the largest vote bank can't place some decent leaders in position, who else can? Then those people that are on the throne i.e. Badal and co., who's voted them in again and again and again and again? It says a lot that this is the best we can muster......

And I don't believe these stories about 'well educated juts' not getting jobs because of 'low castes'. Sounds exactly like the crap l heard from whites in the UK decades ago.

"Oh, my daughter can't get a job as a journalist in the BBC because she isn't ethnic!! They're giving all the jobs to ethnic people! Wah! Wah! Wah!"

Then you find out that the BBC (and pretty much all other media outlets where majorly white dominated and still are.....    

I think a big part of the problem is some sense of unearned privilege and expectancy based on deeply entrenched caste identity (in a very similar way race or colour plays out in say the UK). I've NEVER heard any of my family whining like this back home. They just get on with it. And you can tell that they are genuinely talented, because a few of them get whipped up by foreign, prestigious universities/companies very quickly.  

Although I full on acknowledge the antipathy towards Sikhs from the Indian establishment, you seem to exclude the possibility that dumb political/economic decisions can come from our own? They seem to have been doing dumb shyte for a long while now (since the annexation). They have become so detached from the wider world out there, that they think it's not a biggy to send kurtay pajama wallay to business meetings with europeans.  

Yes Panjab has a lot of potential, but there is no regional aspiration or pride beyond caste level. The people lack imagination, and are prone to corruption and fissures. This doesn't bode well. It's a shame that Sikhi hasn't managed to unite everyone yet. 

I think in future conflict is pretty much inevitable in India, not only from internal fissures, but also as the result of external players like China and Pakistan. Might be new borders coming in? But as Sikhs, we need to be REAL careful about being on the receiving end of genocidal attacks right now.

And the natural threat from climate change to all farming economies (globally) is a big thing. The umpteen Agricultural Universities back home seem asleep on this too?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do you guys think will be the future of india in the next few decades? The country is becoming so much worse than before and there is a mass exodus of middle class people. Seems like very bad tim

My dad's friend is a rss member and he had been trying for years to leave india and come to canada. You are mistaken if you think the right wingers are not trying to leave infact they are hypocrites w

India is going to keep chugging along with its large middle class and small upper class enjoying the fruits of cheap labour supplied by the massive lower class. Only thing that will disrupt this is wa

20 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

 

And I don't believe these stories about 'well educated juts' not getting jobs because of 'low castes'. Sounds exactly like the crap l heard from whites in the UK decades ago.

"Oh, my daughter can't get a job as a journalist in the BBC because she isn't ethnic!! They're giving all the jobs to ethnic people! Wah! Wah! Wah!"

Then you find out that the BBC (and pretty much all other media outlets where majorly white dominated.....    

I think a big part of the problem is some sense of unearned privilege and expectancy based on deeply entrenched caste identity (in a very similar way race or colour plays out in say the UK). I've NEVER heard any of my family whining like this back home. They just get on with it. And you can tell that they are genuinely talented, because a few of them get whipped up by foreign, prestigious universities/companies very quickly.  

 

I agree a lot of 'jats' probably are complacent/lazy and have entitled attitude that expects jobs etc given to them. 

BUT, you are wrong  at least to some extent; they seriously have less chance of getting some jobs and degree places because of the 'Reservation' system in India - jats have even campaigned to be given this status to improve their prospects!  51% of jobs are reserved which excludes jatts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reservation_in_India

 

States[edit]

In central-government funded higher education institutions, 22.5% of available seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) students (7.5% for STs, 15% for SCs,20% for ESC,12% for SCA,16% for SCB,22% for SCC,18% for SCD).[24] This reservation percentage has been raised to 49.5%[24] by including an additional 27% reservation for OBCs. This ratio is followed even in Parliament and all elections where a few constituencies are earmarked for those from certain communities (which will next rotate in 2026 per the Delimitation Commission).

Percentages of reservation for each state
State/UT SC ST OBC EWS and
Other reserved
Total
Andhra Pradesh 15 6 29 10 60
A&N Islands   12 38   50
Arunachal Pradesh   80     80
Assam 7 15 27 10 59
Bihar 15 1 34 10 60
Chandigarh     27   27
Chhattisgarh 13 32 14 10 69
D&D&D&NH 3 9 27   39
Delhi 15 7 27 10 60
Goa 2 12 27 10 51
Gujarat 7 14 27 10 59
Haryana 20   23 10 53
Himachal Pradesh 25 4 20 10 59
Jharkhand 10 26 14 10 60
Karnataka 15 3 32 10 60
Kerala 8 2 40 10 60
Lakshadweep   100     100
Madhya Pradesh 16 20 14 10 60
Maharashtra 13 7 32 10 62
Manipur 3 34 17   54
Meghalaya   80     80
Mizoram   80     80
Nagaland   80     80
Odisha 16 22 11 10 59
Puducherry 16   34   50
Punjab 29   12 10 51
Rajasthan 16 12 21 10 59
Sikkim 5 21 24 10 60
Tamil Nadu 18 1 50   69
Telangana[25] 15 6 29 10 60
Tripura 17 31 2 10 60
Uttar Pradesh 21 2 27 10 60
Uttarakhand 18 3 13 10 44
West Bengal 22 6 17 10 55

The exact percentages vary from state to state:

  • In Tamil Nadu, OBC reservation is divided into 26.5% Backward Caste, 3.5 Backward Caste (M) and 20% Most Backward Caste and 10.5% sub quota for vanniyars, introduced by AIADMK in 2020,7% for DNT . SC quota has 3% sub-quota for Arunthatiyars, introduced by DMK in 2009.[26]
  • In Maharashtra in addition to the reservation for SC/ST/OBC, there is 2% for SBCs, 3% for Nomadic Tribes – NT-A (Vimukta jati), 2.5% for NT-B, 3.5% for NT-C (Dhangar), and 2% for NT-D (Vanjari).
  • In Northeast India, e.g. in Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Mizoram, reservation for ST in State Govt. jobs is 80% with only 20% unreserved. In the Central Universities of NEHU (Shillong) and Rajiv Gandhi University, 60% of seats are reserved for ST students.
  • In West Bengal, the OBC community is divided into OBC A & B.[27] In West Bengal there is no reservation on religious basis but some economically and educationally backward Muslim castes (basis surnames pertaining to different profession e.g. cobbler, weaver etc.) have been included along with their Hindu counterparts in the OBC list namely OBC A and OBC B, in both lists caste from both communities are there. But in higher educational institutes, till now there is no reservation for the OBC community but there is reservation in regard to admission in primary, secondary and higher secondary studies.[28][27]
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

BUT, you are wrong  at least to some extent; they seriously have less chance of getting some jobs and degree places because of the 'Reservation' system in India - jats have even campaigned to be given this status to improve their prospects!  51% of jobs are reserved which excludes jatts

A lot of states have put juts in OBC status. Even then, I don't think that will solve the problem. There are only so many government jobs available. What we really need is a change in attitude towards commerce and business in Panjab. We need people to create big, powerful private companies that offer mass employment. The tendency to corrupt everything doesn't help. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

A lot of states have put juts in OBC status. Even then, I don't think that will solve the problem. There are only so many government jobs available. What we really need is a change in attitude towards commerce and business in Panjab. We need people to create big, powerful private companies that offer mass employment. The tendency to corrupt everything doesn't help. 

 

Punjabis are naturally well built/strong, so I am thinking factories for cars etc.

South India is full of IT/Computing and call centres, a lot to do with their higher education and English language skills. 

What type of companies are you thinking of?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Premi5 said:

 

Punjabis are naturally well built/strong, so I am thinking factories for cars etc.

South India is full of IT/Computing and call centres, a lot to do with their higher education and English language skills. 

What type of companies are you thinking of?

There shouldn't be any limitations! Factories like you mention (like already in Ludhiana). But also, we shouldn't exclude the possibility of tech centres. Construction. Why can't we manufacture mobile phones there? Doesn't Tata have a plant there?  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

Wonder if there are any concerns from companies to invest given the proximity to Pakistan border. 

That ones been around since the 80s. The 'volatile' 'unpredictable' border region of Panjab. 

I'd guess the current furore going on back home would further put off outsiders investing? 

Quote

Yes, there are definitely clothing factories I am aware of in Ludhiana. There are many sports factories around Jalandhar, for example Shrey who make around half of the cricket helmets that I see when I watch cricket.

I think they make lots of stuff in Ludhiana (you'd know more than me perhaps?). Sewing machines etc. too (that I was told Levis use). Bata footwear!

There isn't a limit to what could be done, but I feel like our lot have this small minded provincialism going on, when they should be thinking globally. Also, crabs in a bucket mentalities.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kaurr said:

 

Yeah but who's sending those kurtay pajamay wallay. Punjab government and Indian government hate us. Punjab has potential, but it's not being used. 

I have plenty of family in Punjab that are jatts and well educated, they're just not getting the jobs. My cousin and her dalit friend applied for a job and they had to do this test thingy, my cousin got a score wayy higher than her friend but her dalit friend got the job because she was a lower caste. Both my parents who are jatts spent years working hard getting their degrees but they couldn't find a well paying job. Same with some other family. Yeah you have some idiots (like some of my second cousins) that are obsessed with bhangra and that sh1t but that's because they're jobless. For me, recently it's always been that we've lacked in good leadership recently.

I agree . We have been brainwashed into believing that we cannot stand on our own and cannot control punjab. This is psychological warfare. Alot of apne think we are not worthy of running our own state .

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

Do japanese speak english? No! Then why are there so many tech companies in japan? Its <banned word filter activated> that just because those south indians speak english there are industries there. We have been brainwashed into believing we are only good for dance daru and these south indians are some high iq angels. <banned word filter activated>. Im in tech. We can do everything that others can but we have to believe in ourselves first. Not everyone is gonna be some high iq science nerd. Maybe the ones we see doing nothing could have artistic talent. We never know and wont know until everyone is given an environment where they can know what skills they are good at. This environment is lacking in punjab. We think if someone is not good at math or science they are useless. But these are not the only things. There are so many other skills people can be good at. We have to let people hone those skills they have rather than forcing them to do things that they are not fit for. But unfortunately when you are from a place where instead of doing things because you are good at it or like it,people choose things that will fill their stomach it is not easy at all.

To be fair the japanese speak a lot of english and invest heavily in learning it as a business language. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

 

This is in Ludhiana.

Pendus need to think outside of farming. 

Farming is a horrible business. A great life long practice to alleviate suffering, make one independent, and better nourished, but I would hate to try and make a living at it. Definitely business should be all sorts of things, preferably productive ones. We should keep enough farms to feed the Paanth plus. Just not for money. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Farming is a horrible business. A great life long practice to alleviate suffering, make one independent, and better nourished, but I would hate to try and make a living at it. Definitely business should be all sorts of things, preferably productive ones. We should keep enough farms to feed the Paanth plus. Just not for money. 

I love growing myself (okay, on a small scale). It's murder even keeping a tiny bit of soil constantly replenished with nutrients in a sustainable way. I've achieved it after trying for years, with composting all food scraps and the grass and cardboard, and that's only on a miniscule scale. Worm farms help big time! I still have to buy a big sack of soil every year though. 

There is something very spiritual and therapeutic about growing, no doubt about it! But when it's just a business......I don't even know if you get that? Panjab has literally ruined it's soil with 'modren', 'green revolution' techniques (more like Frankenstein style Guinea Pig failed experimentation on the food and soil of Panjab!) 

That bull5hit green revolution was not sustainable. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use