moving to UK from India

DrTejbir

Sat Sri Akal,

This is Dr Tejbir Singh and i am due to join Lister Hospital in Stevenage in November 2021. I will be moving from India and have no relatives or guide in UK. Can Someone guide me as to which area to live in and is Sikh friendly in terms of both neighbourhood and good school (my kid is 4 years old) in and around Stevenage. I am flexible to commute. 

Thank you. 

On 10/29/2021 at 8:20 AM, DrTejbir said:

Sat Sri Akal,

This is Dr Tejbir Singh and i am due to join Lister Hospital in Stevenage in November 2021. I will be moving from India and have no relatives or guide in UK. Can Someone guide me as to which area to live in and is Sikh friendly in terms of both neighbourhood and good school (my kid is 4 years old) in and around Stevenage. I am flexible to commute. 

Thank you. 

Sat Siri Akaal ji

I don't know the area that well (I'm from south of London), but I have heard family friends who are Sikh, live either in Stevenage, or in Hitchin which is near. 

@dallysingh101 @jkvlondon are from London. Maybe @MisterrSingh and @Ranjeet01 are also from London and would know more. It looks like there are three Gurdwaras in Hitchin

I think Luton is to be avoided, and it's also a lot further away.. Hatfield and Welyn Garden City I think should also be avoided.

The government inspects all schools every few years and does a report which might help get idea of what the schools are like   (https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/) , and you could look at school websites to get an idea if there are photos showing what type of children attend the school.

There's a website in the UK called Mumsnet, and you can get ideas from their forums 

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/3991871-HITCHIN-surrounding-villages-is-it-worth-moving-to-if-so-why

It might be worth contacting the local Gurdware to see if anyone local from Stevenage or Hitchin can guide you further about schools and housing. It's very important you also factor your daily commuting - you should try to minimise the time you have to spend travelling which might be dependent on the rush hour traffic. 

On 10/29/2021 at 8:20 AM, DrTejbir said:

Sat Sri Akal,

Thank you. 

@DrTejbir

Bumping up again

please see: https://www.facebook.com/BritishSikhDocs/

consider BMA membership