Boar's blood in amrit to test Muslim converts

shastarSingh

Just now, Jacfsing2 said:

I don’t think they should put any extra ingredients to Amrit, but there was less of a universal version of Sikhi back then. 

I tell you what I think is a gazillion times worse than this - adding vows of loyalty to a foreign maharaja, or maharani like they did during colonisation for all the fudhus who fought for the angreez.

At least the boars blood thing (if true, and even then probably a minority practice in extreme circs), was designed to protect Sikhs. 

4 minutes ago, justasking said:

do you guys eat pork? i generally avoid it because its unhealthy and supposedly flesh is close to human flesh but tht being said wouldn't mind trying wild boar 

Wild boar meat is very different from domestic pig meat which can cause disease as domestic pig eats gandd and human excreta.

2 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

No veerji.

I read some abstracts but not the full Granth.

There is a bit about converting sullay in there. They buried them upto their necks, covered them for a split second and dug them out. I think the idea was that their previous beliefs remained in the dirt and they came out purified? 

All of these things are just tests of sincerity. Make it hard so only those who are truly keen will join (I think?)

3 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

There is a bit about converting sullay in there. They buried them upto their necks, covered them for a split second and dug them out. I think the idea was that their previous beliefs remained in the dirt and they came out purified? 

All of these things are just tests of sincerity. Make it hard so only those who are truly keen will join (I think?)

I hv seen some nihangs drink goat blood when they do jhatka. They say it's bir rass pehra.

May be blood is not that bad a thing as its made out to be?